The hazards of layout building in Australia

List of animals in Australia that won't kill you.1) Some of the sheep.That's about it.CheersDavid

Does that mean that some sheep will?

Bruce, have you not seen the documentary "Black Sheep"?

:)

• RMweb Gold

Not just in Oz, either. I'm 120 miles WSW of Paris, and this was in my railway barn the other year. It has not improved my motivation for being out there, despite a helpful RMwebber pointing out the lack of markings on the back suggests it is harmless. This is against the un-rendered interior wall of my barn.

post-4295-0-15428300-1393763726_thumb.jpg

I now realise that the previously-unidentified droppings on the floor that I often find are snake-poo. Nice.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Could have done with one of those to despatch the mice lurking in the walls of my last railway shed :)

Yes, the walls are where he/they live! It does explain why I seldom see mouse dirts, despite never letting a cat in there for obvious reasons!

• Like 1

I had an encounter with a King Brown snake in our pool area last year before we moved South. He was uninterested and I was unarmed, and therefore we parted peacefully. I had no ambition to build a garden railway in the Northern Territory!

• RMweb Premium

Now that is going to need a Gaviscon tablet afterwards!

As for snakes, keep em. Around Scotland the most dangerous thing is the Salmond.

Especially when assisted by a Sturgeon.

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...

Come on, red bellied black snakes, great white sharks, red back spiders, funnel webs, copper head snakes.... And watch out for the drop bears. The cuddly koalas (full of cylmidia) the killer kangaroos... Let alone the cassowaries.. No nothing other than the weather will kill any one in Australia!

• 2 months later...

The red bellied black snakes are only considered mildly dangerous!

There are lots of scorpions, as well as lots of centipedes, all of which can give very painful stings but never, as far as I know, fatal!!