NOTTINGHAM East Midlands MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 20-21 March 2010

Galtee More

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking forward to the show (if not the drive to it.. I'm even getting the trusty Sierra serviced!) New territory for me, so I hope some RMwebbers will come up & make themselves known.. See you there!

Oh yes, I'll make sure disco-dave is minding Summat for a while ;)

Our website has been gradually updated over the past few weeks. New pages have been uploaded and these now include:

• Exhibitors - Layouts
  • Exhibitors - Demonstrators
  • Exhibitors - Trade Exhibitors
  • Exhibitors - NEW Trade Exhibitors
  • Exhibitors - Societies
  • Travel Information (Main Page)
  • Travel by Road - Directions
  • Trave by Road - Map
  • Exhibition - Opening Times
  • Exhibition - Day Membership (Admission) Rates
  • Exhibition Stand Numbers

Please visit: http://www.nottingha...lrailway.org.uk

There will be more to come, so keep returning for the latest information about the show. If you have any queries or need more information about any aspect of the show, please don't hesitate to post here.

Does anyone know if one of the traders at the Nottm show will carry 2mm leds? - thinking of adding marker lights to the Deltic Prototype .....

ALL Components and Modelex will be at this year's NOTTINGHAM East Midlands EXHIBITION and both sell LEDs. I've looked on ALL Components website, but the smallest they list is 3mm and Modelex don't list any sizes at all ! Perhaps you need to give them both a ring first.

Thanks for all the input chaps. Having started to drill out the marker lights on my DELTIC it looks like 2mm will be too big. Does anyone do 1mm leds?????

Hi there,

Just glue some 1mm fibre optic to your Led, then you can use more or less any size Led you want as it will be behind the bodywork!

Cheers,

John E.

Latest News

As 298 points out, there's now less than 2weeks to go, so it seems a good opportunity for an update on the show.

1. Peter Waterman will be officially opening the show during the Saturday morning, 20 March 2010.

2. A new 2-volume series, entitled The NOTTINGHAM SUBURBAN RAILWAY, by David Birch, is to be published by Book Law Publications. The ertswhile Nottingham Suburban Railway was operated by the GNR and, su bsequently, the LNER and BR (ER) and ran from Trent Lane Junction, on the ex-GNR line from Nottingham to Grantham, to Daybrook on the GNR's 'Back Line from Colwick to Derby Friargate. Passenger services were withdrawn quite early on in the line's history. The line was severed by a German bomb during WW2 and it closed completely post-wa, after a short time being operated as a stub from the 'Back Line' for the remaining goods services,

The books will be launched at the forthcoming NOTTINGHAM East Midlands MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION and the author, David Birch, will be on hand to sign copies of his book. The launch will be supported by a display of artefacts, photographs and a section of the part-constructed layout Trent Lane Junction, currently being built by the Nottingham MRS.

3. Book Law Publications will also have their latest SteamColour Portfolio series available: London Midland Lines Vol 2, Southern Lines Vol 2 and Great Western Lines Vol 2 (including 'A Day on Hatton Bank with Pete Waterman'). All feature the glorious colour pictures of Keith Pirt and a foreword by Pete Waterman, who will be on hand (Saturday only) to sign copies of these books, together with his own recently published books.

Our website has continued to be gradually updated. New pages have been uploaded and these now include:

• Travel Information (Main Page)
  • Travel by Bus & Tram - From the Railway Station and the City centre.
  • Trave by Rail

Please visit: http://www.nottingha...lrailway.org.uk

There may still be some amendments or updates, so please keep returning for the latest information about the show. If you have any queries or need more information about any aspect of the show, please don't hesitate to post here.

• RMweb Premium

Is there any chance of a "proper" RMWeb meet-up on Saturday (like we do at Warley most years)?

I'm coming up from Essex for my first visit to this show and would welcome a meet!

• RMweb Gold

OK, official announcement time, following a favourable response to the Class 14 sound scheme last week, I have a few minor tweaks to do and a final installation into my class 14 with a Loksound Micro.

I will, barring desasters be in a position to blow anyone's decoder that is brought to me at the Nottm show with the Class 14 sounds for a tenner. So, come along, ask for a demo, if you're happy, pop along to the Digitrains stand (other sellers are available!) buy a Loksound Micro, bring it along to me and I'll reblow it with the 14 sounds cool.gif

im looking forward to this, been 3 years on the trot, and cant wait! if i spot any rmwebbers about ill try my best to make a conversation! I will more than likely be behind Unit Models stand..as i will be chatting tothem most of the day i think

martin

The show opens at 09.30am on Saturday and at 10.00am on Sunday.

The management at Harvey Hadden have kindly agreed to open the cafeteria early. They are offering a pre-show breakfast menu, details below:

Bacon Cob 1.75

Sausage Cob 1.75

Egg Cob 1.75

Sausage & Bacon Cob 2.25

Extra Filling .85

Toast . 80

Beans or Tomatoes .75

So, you can arrive early, have a breakfast, get your ticket and still be ready for the doors to open and get first dibs on the unbelievable bargains on Stand 88 !

The show opens at 09.30am on Saturday and at 10.00am on Sunday.

The management at Harvey Hadden have kindly agreed to open the cafeteria early. They are offering a pre-show breakfast menu, details below:

Bacon Cob 1.75

Sausage Cob 1.75

Egg Cob 1.75

Sausage & Bacon Cob 2.25

Extra Filling .85

Toast . 80

Beans or Tomatoes .75

So, you can arrive early, have a breakfact, get your ticket and still be ready for the doors to open and get first dibs on the unbelievable bargains on Stand 88 !

And on previous form, if you join the queue at 9:30, you food will be served just in time for lunch! icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived