NOTTINGHAM East Midlands MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 20-21 March 2010

Galtee More

• RMweb Gold

Well, I'm as ready as I can be for tomorrow's early start.

Standard 5 coaled

Class 20 route discs corrected, buffer beam detail added and weathered

Back to backs checked and adjusted on Standard Eight

DELTIC made ready

Sound chip fitted to Class 14

Class 15 lubed and run

Harry and #49 lubed and run, #49 still has a horrible squeak huh.gif

WD Austerity oddly failed to display the dead short that caused it to fail at Warwick, lets hope it's OK on the day

It will also be Dynamis' last exhibition outing as I will be getting a Powercab from traction tomorrow afternoon. This will be paired up with disco-dave's so we can have a throttle each. Running will be better/faster/smoother on Sunday as one of us can shunt wagons off-scene while the other potters around front-of-house.

So come along, say Hi, yep that's me on Summat Colliery, the one with the "arctic blonde" highlights wink.gif

Don't forget the launch of my Class 14 sounds!

Tomorrow's early start :huh: :icon_what:

I'm off out in about an hour, the club layout is being loaded in about an hour :icon_yawn:

Blimey, is it this weekend? :icon_wave: :icon_e_surprised:

Better get moving, spent most of yesterday afternoon/evening sorting out club sales and treasurer stuff.

Just got to get it all set up.

Not coming this afternoon Redgate, we are renowned for our welcome buffet on the Friday evening. :icon_thumbsup2:

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the offer there, but I like to get packed up in the afternoon (knock off at 2pm on a Friday) then I can chill in the evening ready for an early start on Saturday. it's only 30 mins down the road so I should be with you all by 7:30, plenty of time to set up and have a quick nip round before the doors open

My mission:

to find a good condition Triang/Hornby Britannia BR1 tender top for my 2010 BR Standard 2-8-2 project

And on previous form, if you join the queue at 9:30, you food will be served just in time for lunch! icon_rolleyes.gif

??? unlike other shows, in the north...the food is cooked to order as and when people rock up, as today when myself and the rest of the team were setting up, we were all fed, by the same cafateria that the public use, all with 20 mins, and thats about 15 of us, all with cooked food, other shows u may not wait as long for the food, but its all pre packed sandwiches etc, if its so much of an issue cueing...bring ur own!

All loaded up and ready.

See you all tomorrow, should be a good one biggrin.gif

Don't forget to look in at the club sales, we've got more stuff than ever this year, so much we can't put it all out yet!

And as for the 7mm class 76s...... :icon_thumbsup2: :icon_thumbsup2: :icon_drool:

Rest of show looking good, off to kip now.

Cant believe im up at 7 am on a sunday ( the girlfriend definatley cant believe shes got up to help either) see you all around over the weekend , im doing the competitions stuff today so if you see me around say hi, as Great Central says, the club stand is bursting at the seems, and we also have a chunk of our new layout under constrution..Trent Lane Junction, so thats worth a look!!! Rite best finished gettin me stuff together!!

what time are the doors open tomorrow? I've got a bit of setting up to do before doors open (new Powercab)

Open to public at 10.00, there should be somebody there from at least 09.00, quite possibly earlier, although expect quite a few exhibitors to turn in very bleary eyed at 09.59 and a half! :lol: :icon_yawn:

• RMweb Premium

Nottingham Club had a small section of their future layout on display, just right of the main entrance. I was intrigued by the material they used to build up the scenery which was applied on top of a foam board base. It looked like a mixture of sawdust and filler/PVA. Nobody nearby knew the answer so can anyone on here tell me what the substance was???

Just a quick vote of thanks to the organisers and exhibiters. A very enjoyable Sunday afternoon. Not too busy, but plenty of really excellent layouts to view. My 7 year old daughter very much enjoyed operating Barry Whitehead's Past & Present, being allowed to not only drive them around, but also shunt in and out of the yard and station. Something she is not allowed to do on Daddy's layout !

I enjoyed the slow speed shunting of Summatt Colliery, an interesting use of 2 sector plates to move long trains in a small space.

My friend's 4 year old daughter could not be dragged away from Lytton CPR. She loved the "Long" trains and was even more excited we she found out how to get around the back to see all the trains in the fiddle yard. We could not go until they had all been through at least once. She also got to drive Past & Present, prefering the kettle over the Class 31.

I must admit that going to a model railway exhibition with 3 kids under 8 would not be my first choice. But there was enough going on to keep them happy, enough space so they did not get under other visitor's feet and enough good humour from the exhibitors to make us all feel welcome.

Well done all :)

Got back about 4pm today. I had terrible trouble finding somewhere to park the car, the main car park was full and so was the overflow car park at the school. I was expecting the exhibition hall to be absolutely crammed full, however it wasn't too bad. Most layouts had a a single row of spectators and a bit of patience was usually rewarded with a viewing spot in a few minutes.

There was the same high standard of layouts as usual with something to cater for every taste.

I also managed to pick up all the brass parts I was looking for.

Next show for me will be York, provided my much delayed house move doesn't get in the way.

Cheers

Richard

I thought it was pretty good - I managed to get a space in the main car park. Having been a few times before, parking always seems to be an issue as does the bizarre u-turn in the road to get in. When I arrived it was raining and a car was having to be extracted from the muddy on-grass parking by a Landrover :huh:

Some pretty good layouts - I especially liked the P4 NER layout with the third rail electric loco. And lots of trade support - a few box shifters, but lots of useful small suppliers.

Nottingham Club had a small section of their future layout on display, just right of the main entrance. I was intrigued by the material they used to build up the scenery which was applied on top of a foam board base. It looked like a mixture of sawdust and filler/PVA. Nobody nearby knew the answer so can anyone on here tell me what the substance was???

Sorry there was no-one nearby, the person who should have been is ill and could only be around for a while.

The mixture is rabbit bedding, much coarser than sawdust, with PVA and polyfilla and, I think, a bit of plaster. This is just the base, there will be a good deal more stuff to add to the texture, the bit that had been added is ripped up floor buffing pads.

When the first mix was done it looked rather like tuna mayonnaise, so always gets referred to as such now :P

Thanks for all the kind comments, it must have been a good show, although I spent most of the time cooped up in a small office :mad:

Archived