OO gauge J94 Austerity Tank locomotive

DJM Dave

Presumably its a typographical error but Kernow's latest newsletter received this morning shows their LMR loco priced at £174.95........

Keith

I'd guess so - that's the price of their Debranded DRS to Freightliner 66 so I'm guessing it's just been transposed:

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/52408/32-976Z-Bachmann-Class-66-Diesel-Locomotive-number-66-418

Marcus.

Hello everyone,

Progress is happening quicker and quicker these days with the ramp up of the J94 into production.

Funnily enough the DJModels versions (not special commissions) have for whatever reason, trailed behind the S.C.'s but are now into catch up model.

Here is the artwork for the 4 i never had artwork for. Feel free to comment, although ive spotted a couple of changes/additions that need doing.

Cheers

Dave

J94 8023.pdf

J94 8064.pdf

J94 68061.pdf

J94 68068.pdf

• RMweb Gold

With Dave's permission I've converted his artwork pdf files to jpegs to display here;

J94 8023

J94 8064

J94 68061

J94 68068

Hello everyone,

Progress is happening quicker and quicker these days with the ramp up of the J94 into production.

Funnily enough the DJModels versions (not special commissions) have for whatever reason, trailed behind the S.C.'s but are now into catch up model.

Here is the artwork for the 4 i never had artwork for. Feel free to comment, although ive spotted a couple of changes/additions that need doing.

Cheers

Dave

The LNER versions appear to have what looks like the cab-back from the tall bunker BR version with narrow windows. Should these not have the larger, round windows for the original height bunker?

The LNER versions appear to have what looks like the cab-back from the tall bunker BR version with narrow windows. Should these not have the larger, round windows for the original height bunker?

Yes indeed your correct, this is only to get the deco right, not the already assigned body / cab / bunker styles.

Cheers

Dave

Likewise I assume that the oval buffers also belong to the Cromford & High Peak version only (which is what I assume the artwork was mocked up on....), though when the high bunkers were removed from CHP locos the bunker ladder was usually left in place.

Les

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Dave

I have looked back through these posts and may have missed something but.......

I think I was one of the first people to place an order with one of your dealers for one of the originally declared J94 models when it was first announced. Nearly three years ago now I believe?

I have just checked with my dealer and he has no delivery information.

I have watched other (later designs) loco models being released and a lot of later editions of the J94 being declared.

I do understand and accept that the original design took some tweaking and that you had to advance the release of other commissioned models to get the business running (for all of our benefits in the long run). No problem.

But................ and I believe I have been very patient so far, but I would really appreciate some updated indication (even approximate, within reason) of when my order is likley to be fulfilled please.

Dave

I have looked back through these posts and may have missed something but.......

I think I was one of the first people to place an order with one of your dealers for one of the originally declared J94 models when it was first announced. Nearly three years ago now I believe?

I have just checked with my dealer and he has no delivery information.

I have watched other (later designs) loco models being released and a lot of later editions of the J94 being declared.

I do understand and accept that the original design took some tweaking and that you had to advance the release of other commissioned models to get the business running (for all of our benefits in the long run). No problem.

But................ and I believe I have been very patient so far, but I would really appreciate some updated indication (even approximate, within reason) of when my order is likley to be fulfilled please.

Hi, ice recently updated the 'normal' j94 info, with some rather poor artwork.

However I have some new artwork to show but won't bevable to post it until Sunday so please bear with me there.

As for production, currently one of mine has been fully made but is awaiting some others to ship with.

However at this time it's fair to say the factory is chokka with DJM model production.

Cheers

Dave

Great news Dave. Looking forward my Mech Navies version. Also have a BR version on order from my local shop. Do you think they will be here in the next 4 weeks? I will need to change my delivery address due to a house move

Great news Dave. Looking forward my Mech Navies version. Also have a BR version on order from my local shop. Do you think they will be here in the next 4 weeks? I will need to change my delivery address due to a house move

To be safe I'd change your address if I was you.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Guys,

I received an email from Hattons stating that their ESTIMATED delivery date for their commissions is in August, so that would be the best guestimate to put on delivery in my opinion.

personally, it should co-incide neatly with three days of expenses hanging around at Donington Park for formula E :)

Well, if we're expecting delivery July/August as suggested in a recent email I received from Hattons,

that means its about time to order some decoders  :yahoo:

Now I know its a six pin decoder, but how much space do we have? will a 6pin direct fit?

one like this? http://www.dccconcepts.com/decoder-and-installation/dccconcepts-zen-decoders/u4-218-decoder-4fn-no-stay-alive

for example. With or without stayalive, or is there a suggested decoder?

Inquiring minds might like to know :no:

Regards

Keith(looking forward to a dark red one, a Black one and possibly a yellow one :imsohappy:)

• RMweb Gold

As for production, currently one of mine has been fully made but is awaiting some others to ship with.

However at this time it's fair to say the factory is chokka with DJM model production.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for responding but I'm not sure that is a very clear answer?

Are you saying that the "original" design is actually in production at the moment or that it still has to wait because the factory is busy with other models? Indeed, will the original designs be released before or after the Hatton's commissions?

I'm really trying not to carp on about this and am trying to be understanding but I have been really looking forward to getting my model after such a long time. I have had a sound decoder waiting on my workbench for well over a year now. After several previous estimated dates it would be good to know a more positive answer. One month, two months (six months)? Pretty please? :)

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for responding but I'm not sure that is a very clear answer?

Are you saying that the "original" design is actually in production at the moment or that it still has to wait because the factory is busy with other models? Indeed, will the original designs be released before or after the Hatton's commissions?

I'm really trying not to carp on about this and am trying to be understanding but I have been really looking forward to getting my model after such a long time. I have had a sound decoder waiting on my workbench for well over a year now. After several previous estimated dates it would be good to know a more positive answer. One month, two months (six months)? Pretty please? :)

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Says that one of his has been fully made and is just awaiting shipping. Obviously it would be uneconomical to send just the one completed model by itself, surely it wouldn't even fill 1/4 of a container.

Of not just that but oval buffers and head code when there shouldn't be lol.

Plus you have shown Gill Sans buffer beam numbers on the shaded LNER version and none at all on the Gills Sans version . Both should normally have Class number and Shed allocation as well normally at the bottom of the beam belwo the number.

Perth and District Model Railway Club are pleased to announce that the J94 Austerity will be seen for the first time at our show this weekend.  The model will be available for viewing from Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. 

A prize draw will be held.  The winner will become the owner of the locomotive complete with its unique signed box, signed by Dave Jones.

Archived