OO gauge J94 Austerity Tank locomotive

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

Nice photos of the EP....

I do hope the roof is partially detachable. The boiler backhead is a cramped place on an 18" Hunslet. I don't expect DJM to get it all in, or the crew. 

I'd reckon Dave is pretty chuffed just now. After all it's his first EP sample.....

Ian

Dave,

Just curious about the injectors, will they continue to have the 'backing plate' or will they be free standing as on the prototype? I do like the clear view under the boiler, even better if you add the etch for the valves & stuff. :good:

Cheers,

David

Dave,

Just curious about the injectors, will they continue to have the 'backing plate' or will they be free standing as on the prototype? I do like the clear view under the boiler, even better if you add the etch for the valves & stuff. :good:

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

The backing plate won't exist on the production models as they will either be a solid casting or as a last resort, painted plastic.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if it will be possible to purchase a couple of bodies only, to go on top of an RT Models chassis kit?

Can I ask why you would want to change the chassis - just curious, no other reason for asking.
Stu

Edit: just followed the link in your signature - all is now clear !

I wonder if it will be possible to purchase a couple of bodies only, to go on top of an RT Models chassis kit?

Hi mate,

A full complement of unpainted spares will be available from the launch of the finished product, so yes.

Cheers

Dave

Hi mate,

A full complement of unpainted spares will be available from the launch of the finished product, so yes.

Cheers

Dave

Stubby47,

reason for chassis change, as modelling them into s4 on rt models chassis with full csb springing of all axles. Do not think the models oob will 1, convert easily, 2, be the correct width.... hence the ask

Hi mate,

All spares will be available through me.

Cheers

Dave

Thank you for the information on the spares Dave.

On what I see so far I am another P4 modeller who will be approaching you about a body or two.

Regards,

Craig W

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

The model looks promising compared to the old Dapol version.

Could I please ask for the saddle tank join to be under the saddle tank rather than along it, by doing this it WILL be the ultimate rtr austerity tank.

• RMweb Gold

Could I please ask for the saddle tank join to be under the saddle tank rather than along it, by doing this it WILL be the ultimate rtr austerity tank.

It looks a lot better in the flesh than the Dapol/ Hornby join and Dave said at Rmweb Live he still thought it could be better yet so I think he's onto it already.

Dave,

As a volunteer on the Kent & East Sussex Railway, I'm very interested in this project. We have 2no Austerities (used to be 3 until a couple of months ago). The photos above look fantastic.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to 2015 release date :)

Look superb, can't wait to get my hands on the finished product!

Hi mate,

I'm taking all 4 samples to the 2mm North East group meeting at Chester Le Street on Saturday if you want to take a closer look / handle them?

Contact Mick Simpson for details. Other groups are attending so you could tag along.

You also get the chance to listen to me drone for and hour or ( what seems like 5) lol

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

As a volunteer on the Kent & East Sussex Railway, I'm very interested in this project. We have 2no Austerities (used to be 3 until a couple of months ago). The photos above look fantastic.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to 2015 release date :)

And the KESR commissioned Dave for a Northian, in KESR colours, I,ll buy one like a shot! Nor sure I would do so if it were the former Dapol model though....

Archived