OO gauge J94 Austerity Tank locomotive

DJM Dave

Dave

I have been trying to find out about the livery of the OO model 005. Is it a late British Railways crest on it?

I want to place an order but can get NO reply from you elsewhere!

Hi,

Sorry but I've already replied to you on this I think twice now via your e-mail address.

However for clarity, 005 has the legend 'British Railways' on the water tank.

Cheers

Dave

Hello Dave,

looking forward to the J94 appearing in the shops. When it arrives will the exclusive RMWeb Yellow J94 follow not long after?

Looking forward to its arrival.

Russell

Hello Dave,

looking forward to the J94 appearing in the shops. When it arrives will the exclusive RMWeb Yellow J94 follow not long after?

Looking forward to its arrival.

Russell

Hi Russell,

The RMW one was supposed to have been the first one out, but delays getting the colors 'just right' mean this is now touch and go, and will probably now come with the main production batch.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

Sorry but I've already replied to you on this I think twice now via your e-mail address.

However for clarity, 005 has the legend 'British Railways' on the water tank.

Cheers

Dave

Dave

I am sorry. None of your replies have reached my in box. In fact I think that nothing from RM Web is getting to my now. I will have see if I can sort that out. Anyway, thanks for the reply. Are any of your models in a late crest livery?

Regards and apologies

Dave

Hi meltonpieman, the only DJ Models J94 in BR late crest livery that I've found, is one being produced exclusively for Hattons. It is their reference J9403, is late BR crest in lightly weathered condition and is number 68012. I've ordered one as its the only late crest I've found in the initial run of models.

005 has the legend 'British Railways' on the water tank.

Hi Dave,

Sorry if you've answered this elsewhere, but could you please also clarify whether 005 and the other 'British Railways' lettered release 002 will have smokebox door number plates? Most locos I've seen modelled in that livery tend not to have them.

Hi,

sorry for the late delay.

This particular style can have or not have smokebox door number plates.

Pictures i have show samples of the real thing in either configuration.

Unfortunately, pics i have of these 2 running numbers i'm doing don't show the smokebox door, so in a way i'm taking a calculated 'flyer' on this.

Basically my 2 models WILL have the numbers on the door, as it will be easier to sell you a non numbered door after release, should you need it, rather than go to the costs of a print run on numbered smokebox doors to be sold as a spare.

Hope this makes sense?

cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Copy of a posting made on the 'Ask Dave' thread about the J94 production timetable.

Hi Dave

Do you have an update on the production and delivery timescale for the main range 'oo' gauge J94. The last update on RMWeb and on the DJ Models website were in November last year and you anticipated production to take place before the Chinese New Year with delivery to the UK in March 2016. That doesn't seem to have happened, so is there an update. The DJ Models website timeline chart was last updated in November last year, and is out of date for the J94 and the Class 71 as we've seen further stages on this site than is shown on that chart.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah sorry  Dave but I took it to mean this thread, not just some random information somewhere. 2nd painted Wilbert predates your statement above as well I believe. Usually once livery samples are out I would expect the product to be produced, but you seem to have had painted samples around for a considerable amount of time now, yet nothing on sale. In your own range before you leap at that one.

Ah sorry  Dave but I took it to mean this thread, not just some random information somewhere. 2nd painted Wilbert predates your statement above as well I believe. Usually once livery samples are out I would expect the product to be produced, but you seem to have had painted samples around for a considerable amount of time now, yet nothing on sale. In your own range before you leap at that one.

You would of course, be incorrect.

First samples lead to deco samples......deco samples do not lead necessarily to production, as deco specs may need to be altered to fit in more with either mine or my clients specifications.

Indeed this has happened on some of the Special commission samples produced to date, and is well documented.

The Chinese don't just drop everything to produce newer deco samples, you join a queue.

Also with so many to make you book a block production slot for all, and if 1 needs re painting into bright pink, for instance, it holds the rest up. Madness I know but quite logical as you get a better qc rate in doing a set large batch rather than, say, 200on their own. Also if you break the batch up into smaller chunks, you waste repeated set up times etc, this costs money, and is avoided as much as possible.

Incidentally, which of my own models are you after?

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon me asking....... but reference to details on "65" "Wilbert" means nothing to me, and Hattons search engine does not show the model as stocked or pre-order, basically who will be selling these Austerities, or is it a direct order to DJModels only?

Stephen.

Pardon me asking....... but reference to details on "65" "Wilbert" means nothing to me, and Hattons search engine does not show the model as stocked or pre-order, basically who will be selling these Austerities, or is it a direct order to DJModels only?

Stephen.

So far as I can see, information so far has come by e-mail to those who expressed interest. You could try e-mailing Owen Hayward at <haywardstrains@gmail.com>

NCB 65 is the RMWeb limited edition http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/78865-rmweb-commission-hunslet-austerity-through-djmodels/

LMR 196 is the Kernow Model Railway Centre limited edition http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/42069/OOJ94-099-DJ-Models-Class-J94-0-6-0-Steam-Locomotive-number-196

Willbert is the Hayward’s Trains limited edition http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/98003-new-ltd-edition-oo-gauge-j94-wilbert/

Apart from the Hattons 10, I think that is all the limited editions announced so far.

• RMweb Gold

Presumably its a typographical error but Kernow's latest newsletter received this morning shows their LMR loco priced at £174.95........

Keith

I saw that and thought I'm glad I ordered the MOD green instead ;)

Archived