Suggestions for PH Designs future products

Hello all,

I hope Andy and Pete don't mind, but I just thought of starting a thread where all suggestions for future kits could be posted up here.

The few that instantly pop into my head are:-

- Detailing kit for the Hornby Class 91
(etched nose grill, window frames, BW-HS pantograph, resin cast fairings for front and back, etched nose grill for the non-aerodynamic end, etched body-side grills)

- Detailing kit for the Hornby Mk4 coaches
(resin cast fairings with a coupling system similar to the Pendolino bar type)

- Detailing kit for the Hornby Mk4 DVT
(etched nose grill, window frames, resin cast fairings for front and back)

- Detailing kit for the Hornby Class 66

(Resin cast bogie frames, body-side grills, buffer beam details)

- Brecknell-Willis High Speed pantograph kit

Vested interest of course, but how about a range of plate girder bridge sides in different lengths.  Something like the Peco ones, but much finer in brass.  You could even consider the decking in etched brass…

Just food for thought.

I would certainly purchase all the 225 gubbins

To the OP:

PH already makes etches for the side underframe grilles on the Class 91, and you can get resin coach fairings from Keen, as well as a coach end for the Mk4 TOE

• RMweb Premium

I did send an email about this one, how about replacement etched class 14 "Teddy Bear" cab steps as the Heljan ones are keep falling of what ever glue is used.

Terry.

Excellent idea, I've already lost one set of steps off my 14.

• RMweb Gold

What about a stoneblower - especially off the back of the rail grinder.  Also as its a Hasco product I suspect access to a prototype and the GA drawings would be easy to arrange.

Jonathan

You'd think so wouldn't you? - all the drawings are in a software application called "Link-One" that is licensed etc ......

• 2 weeks later...

08 step front and rear gets my vote, did mention it in a email tp pete some time ago, I just could not afford the cost of getting it done, perhaps we should get intrested parties together and collectivly fund it, im in with the first 20quid.

• 5 months later...

I've already mentioned it to Pete, but a brass fold up back to back gauge would be great. :)

I would think that it would prove popular as it should be a cheaper option, and would introduce new modellers to measuring this sometimes crucial measurement.

I hope it would be cheaper, I've seen some for sale at £15.00! :O

Another vote for class 91 bits too, and how about some MK3 steps and proper buffers?

Jack.

• RMweb Premium

The return of the BR Mk1 BG window blanks in OO.

Just caught up with this thread - do you mean the blanks to make up barrier vehicles as in these?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53157-newbryfords-mostly-yellow-workbench/page-2&do=findComment&comment=685219

Cheers,

Mick

Archived