Suggestions for PH Designs future products

The detailing/replacement bits for the Hornby 08 is a good idea. If you do break or misplace anything, you cannot get replacement bits, and end up robbing them off other shunters. In the same idea, how about some 3d printed or resin cast sandboxes and the extra compressor box for the 08. There would also be the option of a etch for the flush steel cab door, the revised exhauster box and the original one, strapping for the engine room doors, the extra air tanks under the front buffer beam, the re-enforcing strip 08 had between the front steps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

Can I make a request for parts for future release. The parts are to go on the Bachmann BYA Coil wagon and would require 8 seperate pieces. I have 10 wagons that need these fitting and have tried using plasticard but haven't found anything thin enough. I'm thinking of brass thin enough that is similar to nameplates.

Enclosed pictures of the parts.

post-8106-0-70182700-1412027608_thumb.jpg

Mathew

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete,

Can I make a request for parts for future release. The parts are to go on the Bachmann BYA Coil wagon and would require 8 seperate pieces. I have 10 wagons that need these fitting and have tried using plasticard but haven't found anything thin enough. I'm thinking of brass thin enough that is similar to nameplates.

Enclosed pictures of the parts.

attachicon.gifBYA Panels.JPG

Mathew

I'd considered making an etch for them, with three little "wings" along the top and bottom, but instead I used 5 thou plasticard, with a tiny fillet of filler to create the angle.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53157-newbryfords-mostly-yellow-workbench/page-32&do=findComment&comment=1432460

They do stand out a tiny bit, but a careful scrape along the edge with a scalpel blade and it does make them look thinner.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived