Welcome to the Intermodal/Containers forum!

Welcome to the Intermodal and Containers forum which the good Mr Andy Y has set up for us.

This forum is for sharing information and knowledge on both prototype and model ISO shipping containers, intermodal swap-bodies, and the vehicles used to move them around. Feel free to share any videos, pictures, or interesting links you find in this forum for us all to enjoy, and to ask any questions about these services you may have.

As time permits, I will add threads to this forum listing useful sites to prototype information and to models that are available in various scales. Any assistance adding to these will be appreciated, especially in scales other than OO! It will predominantly focus on UK items but any Continental or US items of interest will be greatly received too.

• Like 3

Sorry, just jumped the gun with a proto photo thread - if you want to rework/combine with another, feel free! :)

That's fine, saved me a lot of typing!

I'll be working on adding various links and getting threads moved across later today, I'll add the prototype information on to yours and smile nicely at Andy to get it pinned if we can.

Cheers

• Like 1

Intermodal has a World reach. What you see heading to Felixstowe one day can be seen in New York a week later.

I hope that this subject will not be too UK oriented. I'm sure it will not be - by it's very definition it is an International subject.

Best, Pete.

Intermodal has a World reach. What you see heading to Felixstowe one day can be seen in New York a week later.

I hope that this subject will not be too UK oriented. I'm sure it will not be - by it's very definition it is an International subject.

Best, Pete.

Absolutely, global info is welcomed! It's probably only a matter of time before youtube links to documentaries on container ships start appearing, i feel quite disturbed that i already know a few.....

Am i missing something.

Regards Arran

Not anymore ;)

With the good Andy Y's permission, some 'retro' container based threads are being moved over to hear as and when they are found. Some may be a good few years old now but there's potentially some good information lurking in them. Hopefully bringing them here may stop repeat questions.

• Like 1