Invicta commission Bachmann to produce CCT

Andy Y

Invicta Model Rail

NEWS RELEASE: Exclusive OO Gauge BR Mk1 CCT

Invicta Model Rail, Sidcup, Kent, is pleased to announce further information and livery details of our Exclusive OO Gauge BR Mk1 4-Wheel CCT Vans being produced for us by Bachmann Europe PLC. We are producing 6 different liveries, which should be available later this year. Demand for these eagerly awaited models is high, particually the Rerailing, RTC and Red Star versions, so advance ordering is strongly recommended.

CCT1.jpg

39-550Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT BR Maroon M94291 £19.99

Exclusive to Invicta Model Rail, Sidcup

CCT2.jpg

39-551Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT BR Blue E94628 £19.99

CCT3.jpg

39-552Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT BR Express Parcels (Weathered) W94598 £21.99

CCT4.jpg

39-553Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT RTC Livery 024497 £19.99

Exclusive Limited Edition of 750 Pces

CCT5.jpg

39-554Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT BR Re Railing (Canton) ADB977076 £19.99

Exclusive Limited Edition of 750 Pces

CCT6.jpg

39-555Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT Red Star Parcels M94817 £19.99

Exclusive Limited Edition of 500 Pces

Pre Orders Being Taken By Calling On 0208 302 7774

On Line at www.invictamodelrail.com

or visit us in store at 130 Station Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA15 7AB

• Like 4

Very cool - already pre-ordered the BR Maroon moments ago as as a result of this post, Andy, thanks for the heads up...

I even emailed them a question and they replied via email in about 2 minutes! Never had that excellent a response so quickly, even from my family !!!!!  :O

• RMweb Premium

Presume this model will be akin to the GUV in terms of detail, design and quality.

Very tempted...

If anything, the CCT exceeds the GUV in terms of detail. Bachmann showed one of these CCTs undecorated at Model Rail Scotland 21-23 February, and seen from the side the underframe detail is terrific. Rail Express Modeller had a photo 3 or so months back looking directly down on an upturned CCT, and the detail was just exquisite.

I had wondered if I would content myself with my old Lima version - not after seeing the Bachmann/Invicta version!

John

...I had wondered if I would content myself with my old Lima version - not after seeing the Bachmann/Invicta version!

John

Similar idea here - I recently obtained a Wrenn version as it was a great price (love folks on eBay in the US selling UK models with almost no-one interested/bidding!), but as nice as it is I will probably sell it on (anyone interested - BR blue mint but no box!) when this one arrives - wish they had a BR/SR green version though, have to be content with the BR maroon I guess. Not sure I'd DARE to try and repaint it.

Edited by Ian Abel

Similar idea here - I recently obtained a Wrenn version as it was a great price (love folks on eBay in the US selling UK models with almost no-one interested/bidding!), but as nice as it is I will probably sell it on when this one arrives - wish they had a BR/SR green version though, have to be content with the BR maroon I guess. Not sure I'd DARE to try and repaint it.

Hang on to your Wrenn one- it's not the same vehicle. The Wrenn one (originally Hornby Dublo) is a Southern Railway design, dating from the 1930s, and with planked sides. The new one is the BR-built type, introduced in the 1950s; this had previously been covered by Lima (and now Hornby), but this model was a bit of a curate's egg. I don't think any of the BR-designed ones carried green livery; the only BR-designed NPCCS to carry green, I believe, were a small number of GUVs and some horseboxes.

Were there any in green?  Parkin says none were initially allocated to the Southern Region so were in maroon.

Unlike the GUVs, no CCTs were green.

The prototype GUV and CCT were crimson - but unfortunately they were both significantly different from the production vehicles.

As to renumbering, my transfer Sheet BL64 (see http://www.cctrans.freeserve.co.uk/products.htm ) covers both the CCT and the GUV, including the prototypes.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

Edited by cctransuk

• RMweb Gold

Unlike the GUVs, no CCTs were green.

The prototype GUV and CCT were crimson - but unfortunately they were both significantly different from the production vehicles.

As to renumbering, my transfer Sheet BL64 (see http://www.cctrans.freeserve.co.uk/products.htm ) covers both the CCT and the GUV, including the prototypes.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

So much easier/better not to have to remove numbers to begin with.

In the US, unnumbered (and even undecorated) models sell perfectly well. I don't see why that would not apply this side of the Atlantic.

So much easier/better not to have to remove numbers to begin with.

In the US, unnumbered (and even undecorated) models sell perfectly well. I don't see why that would not apply this side of the Atlantic.

Hornby did try it many years ago - they maintain that they didn't sell well.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Well, in fairness, Hornby also maintain they know what they're doing... get's hat and coat and looks for door :scratchhead:

Thanks to all for the details regarding a potential BR green variety - being a newbie/not done appropriate research, I wasn't sure, and now it's cleared up. BR maroon will be fine :)

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Also on the Corgi buses - the Bristol K & L types were later sold in 'plain' red or green liveries, apparently they didn't sell either without the fleetnames on.

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Also on the Corgi buses - the Bristol K & L types were later sold in 'plain' red or green liveries, apparently they didn't sell either without the fleetnames on.

Stewart

Buses is mainly a collectors' market, so I can see that. But for railway usage, carriages and wagons look much worse on a layout if many have the same number.

Buses is mainly a collectors' market, so I can see that. But for railway usage, carriages and wagons look much worse on a layout if many have the same number.

Agreed - but we're in a minority!

Given a choice between self-numbering or having identical items of rolling stock, I'm afraid that the majority of purchasers apparently prefer the latter.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

They are available for pre-order now.  I suspect they will prove very popular so an order now (rather than an emailed enquiry) might be advised to avoid disappointment.

Edited by Gwiwer