Invicta commission Bachmann to produce CCT

Andy Y

Speaking to Kerry this morning. CCT price £30-35 and although due in Nov 2014 may be a little earlier. Price rise ( very large in % terms) had not taken into account price rises that Bachmann should of applied when Modlezone announced the release of these items a couple of years ago at around £20. Just to let you know.........

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Invicta website is now quoting £29.99 for all versions except the weathered BR Blue version at £31.99. These prices include UK postage, so they do compare quite well price-wise with similar offerings such as the Hornby Van B R4585 pre-order with Hattons at £28 and Bachmann's new PMV at RRP 24.95, both without postage.

EDIT - I wonder if Invicta will make an allowance for overseas posting, or charge the full whack so we effectively pay twice? I might have them sent to family in the UK, depending when they are available...

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

The Invicta website is now quoting £29.99 for all versions except the weathered BR Blue version at £31.99. These prices include UK postage, so they do compare quite well price-wise with similar offerings such as the Hornby Van B R4585 pre-order with Hattons at £28 and Bachmann's new PMV at RRP 24.95, both without postage.

EDIT - I wonder if Invicta will make an allowance for overseas posting, or charge the full whack so we effectively pay twice? I might have them sent to family in the UK, depending when they are available...

As a fellow overseas RM webber I certainly hope not - in addition you shouldn't have to pay VAT. From experience postage of OO gauge rolling stock to Australia roughly equals the VAT saving so you are effectively paying UK prices. Jim

As a fellow overseas RM webber I certainly hope not - in addition you shouldn't have to pay VAT. From experience postage of OO gauge rolling stock to Australia roughly equals the VAT saving so you are effectively paying UK prices. Jim

Agreed - overseas in US here, and with the VAT at about 6 quid (give or take) for the item, that should roughly translate to the standard intl. postage to here for me - unless Invicta insist on some high-end/signed-for mailing. I never have that from Hattons and never had any issues with a standard intl. shipping. 6 quid should be about the maximum for me to the US for a single coach...

Still not decided frankly on taking my pre-order as it's 50% above what was originally suggested and therefore about 20% above what the new prices have been moved to. Will decide once it's "available" I guess...

Agreed - overseas in US here, and with the VAT at about 6 quid (give or take) for the item, that should roughly translate to the standard intl. postage to here for me - unless Invicta insist on some high-end/signed-for mailing. I never have that from Hattons and never had any issues with a standard intl. shipping. 6 quid should be about the maximum for me to the US for a single coach...

Still not decided frankly on taking my pre-order as it's 50% above what was originally suggested and therefore about 20% above what the new prices have been moved to. Will decide once it's "available" I guess...

Signed for, high dollar shipping is very unnecessary and inconvenient and I've been put off many an item (esp. on eBay) by this bizarre policy. Hattons, Rails and more have very reasonable shipping policies/ charges so I know other retailers can make it work too.

The somewhat inflated prices are stalling my purchase of these CCTs at the moment, however this applies to the Bachmann range across the board. My overall rate of purchase from this manufacturer has slowed considerably.

• 2 weeks later...

They're coming. :)

Invicta Model Rail

NEWS RELEASE: Exclusive OO Gauge BR Mk1 CCT

Invicta Model Rail, Sidcup, Kent, is pleased to announce the imminent delivery of our Exclusive OO Gauge BR Mk1 4-Wheel CCT Vans, produced for us by Bachmann Europe PLC. We are producing 6 different liveries, which are now due into stock w/c 1/9/14*.  Containing a wealth of detail, (including over one hundred separately fitted parts) and superb livery decoration,  these much requested vans are sure to be very popular.

We have a high number of orders, and will be dealing with advance orders in strict date order, so we ask our customers to be patient!  

Retailing at £29.99 (weathered version £31.99), these models are UK post free.

39-550Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT BR Maroon M94291 £29.99

Exclusive to Invicta Model Rail, Sidcup (2000 pces)

39-551Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT BR Blue E94628 £29.99

Exclusive to Invicta Model Rail, Sidcup (1500 pces)

39-552Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT BR Express Parcels (Weathered) W94598 £31.99

Exclusive to Invicta Model Rail, Sidcup (1000 pces) *Expected w/c 8/9/14

39-553Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT RTC Livery 024497 £29.99

Exclusive Limited Edition of 504 Pces

39-554Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT BR Re Railing (Canton) ADB977076 £29.99

39-555Z BR Mk1 4 Whl CCT Red Star Parcels M94817 £29.99

Order Hotline - 0208 302 7774

On Line at www.invictamodelrail.com

Visit us in store at 130 Station Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA15 7AB

For info;

Just checked the Invicta site for my pre-order. There didn't seem to be a way to track it down?

However, I was reminded that these aren't Hatton like pre orders, you express an interest and Invicta email you when they're available and only then do you give payment details.

• RMweb Gold

For info;

Just checked the Invicta site for my pre-order. There didn't seem to be a way to track it down?

However, I was reminded that these aren't Hatton like pre orders, you express an interest and Invicta email you when they're available and only then do you give payment details.

That is what the lady told me a few weeks (months?) back Arthur - in fact they might even be contacting us to see if we are willing to pay the revised price (although I've already said I would when she called my son about a price rise on something else).

That is what the lady told me a few weeks (months?) back Arthur - in fact they might even be contacting us to see if we are willing to pay the revised price (although I've already said I would when she called my son about a price rise on something else).

They did that with my engineer's opens even though it was only a £1 price difference. If you're reading this Kerry there's no need to ring me; just get 'em in the post! ;)

• Like 1

With the introduction of the Freightliner flat by Bachmann would it be a good idea to produce the CCT in Tartan Arrow livery and the Containers in the livery to produce the mixed working on the west coast!

Mark Saunders

If they do then it will have to be a small production run as I remember model shop bargain bins being full of the Lima version in the 80s as they couldn't sell them!

With the introduction of the Freightliner flat by Bachmann would it be a good idea to produce the CCT in Tartan Arrow livery and the Containers in the livery to produce the mixed working on the west coast!

Mark Saunders

If they do then it will have to be a small production run as I remember model shop bargain bins being full of the Lima version in the 80s as they couldn't sell them!

Please remember that at the time most people thought that the Tartan Arrow livery was part of the fictional range of liveries that were produced such as the Theakston's GUV and even the Triang container in the same livery!

At least there was more than one of these CCT's unlike the Canton Tool Van and RTC one!

Mark Saunders

Re Tartan Arrow liveried CCT, don't forget that there will be one in Graham Farish's 'n' gauge version, so almost certainly one will come in 'oo' gauge and don't forget Bachmann are doing a Tartan Arrow ex LMS BG in the main range as well. If that sells will be a potential lead for one in the CCT.

Re Tartan Arrow liveried CCT, don't forget that there will be one in Graham Farish's 'n' gauge version, so almost certainly one will come in 'oo' gauge and don't forget Bachmann are doing a Tartan Arrow ex LMS BG in the main range as well. If that sells will be a potential lead for one in the CCT.

I see a pack containing all the above available in the future!

Mark Saunders

• RMweb Gold

E:mail received from Invicta today - all but weathered versions arrived.

Got through to Kerry this morning and exchanged card details but won't get to see the models until week of September 8th as off on my hols this coming Tuesday culminating in two days at Telford O-Gauge Show.

Keith

Are people starting to receive their email notifications today?  

I'm not sure which wretched account I set up the pre-orders from.   :scratchhead:

Hi, 'Chard!

From what I recall from previous transactions with Invicta, I doubt you have used any account yet to do this!

As far as I remember, they take contact details (phone) when you pre-order and then ring the customer when the models are in stock (or very imminent!)

Others may confirm this or tell us that the system has changed and I'm out of date, or just wrong! :scratchhead:

Richard

Hi, 'Chard!

From what I recall from previous transactions with Invicta, I doubt you have used any account yet to do this!

As far as I remember, they take contact details (phone) when you pre-order and then ring the customer when the models are in stock (or very imminent!)

Others may confirm this or tell us that the system has changed and I'm out of date, or just wrong! :scratchhead:

Richard

Last time I spoke to Kerry she advised they were moving over to use email as preferred method of contact, where possible, to reduce their phone bill.

Ian

I've not got one yet - but then I haven't got any other email today either (it's called the AO'bl**dy ell effect)

Hi, 'Chard!

Richard

Thanks chaps - I did mean email account as it goes!

So it could be phone contact then - argh - another ambiguous channel of comms around here....   :O