Invicta commission Bachmann to produce CCT

Andy Y

A big vote of thanks to Kerry, who was working today (Invicta are normally closed on Sundays) and gave up a 'family day'  to get on with the processing of these models!  And despite the pressure of the task, at lunchtime, she was still willing to have a friendly chat to me on the phone (but she was taking money off me at the time!  :) )

I don't have a local model shop accessible to me, so it's mail order all the time, but Invicta is certainly on my list of good mail order model shops!

A happy customer!

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

When I asked by e mail where I was in the queue, I got the impression that poor Kelly was snowed under, because she suggested that I place a fresh order either by phone or on line. I placed an order on line Saturday evening. and it was processed and marked dispatched on Sunday morning.  Excellent service.

I get the impression that there is enough for everyone so we should all get them without worrying too much about who gets theirs first.

I ordered one immediately when 1st announced (way back when..). I got an email on Friday saying they were imminent and should ring them. On Saturday I got an email saying they had arrived!. This morning (Monday) at about 0930 I rang, stating that I had pre-ordered, and was told it would be posted later today. I don't know whether I've jumped the queue, no rush on my part anyway. So I await the delivery with anticipation.

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Hi. I ordered one maroon and one blue CCT at lunchtime today on the telephone, and was informed that the order will be sent either today or tomorrow. I should be in receipt of it later this week, apparently. So very quick, and very efficient, but the impression, also, is one of some exhaustion by Invicta, for they do seem to be snowed under with orders!

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

I jumped the queue by buying one, (maroon), over the counter! The disadvantage of doing this was the temptation of other stock on the shelves, meaning I also bought something I didn't know I wanted.

A lovely model to add to my parcels stock. It has a slight blemish on one side, (possibly a paint drip cleaned off), but it's only visible with close inspection.

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I received my email from Invicta on Monday but didn't see it at first because it went straight into my Junk mail folder. Not sure why but the email didn't have a title, if that makes a difference.

I phoned, but was advised to phone back next week when the weathered version arrives as they can't take a credit card payment for that one until the model is in stock and they and I prefer all three of mine are sent in the same package.

Overseas postage would seem to include an allowance to take account of the free UK posting. I did a test and the website priced postage to Europe for three CCTs as £6.75, which is less than many of my regular mail order shops charge for similar size/weight packages.

Received my maroon and blue CCT's this morning having ordered Sunday evening - excellent service.

On opening the box of bits, as well as an assortment of bufferbeam hoses, end door handle.clamp and screw link coupling and hooks there are also two frames supplied with each model. Having had a look online at various CCT photos I can't see anywhere obvious for them to go, nor are any instructions supplied with the models themselves. See enclosed photo.

post-9382-0-35027800-1409654216_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what they're for?

Invicta used some of my photos and have sent me examples of two of them (funny how the smaller the firm the more generous they are!). Thanks very much to them.

Anyway these are my photos of them as I don't think photos have been put on here. They are compressed, the originals are better - some of the features such as the side vents and door handles are very nice! Of course the writing is superbly reproduced. I haven't added any of the extras. I have shown both sides of the van.

Model 39-551Z This is E94628 as painted in August 1981 and seen only days later http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brcct/e31a4d9cc  Despite appearances this doesn't appear to have survived much later in revenue use, it isn't in

Bowles, L. J. & Mallaband P. (1983) British Rail coaching stock 1983/84. Publ Ian Allan/RCTS. ISBN 0 7110 1352 7. 144 pages.  although I am not convinced this is completely accurate.

post-387-0-30039500-1409749420_thumb.jpg

post-387-0-12917600-1409749638_thumb.jpg

Model 39-553Z And this is the unique 024497 in Research Dept. colours at Derby in September 1986 http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brcct/e491fdb44

post-387-0-25045300-1409749604_thumb.jpg

post-387-0-01716200-1409749660_thumb.jpg

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 6

Mine arrived today (BR Maroon). I already have an old Lima one which I repainted/rewheeled and added (very) little detail. Now I'm not sure I'll keep it! I'm not a rivet counter by any means, so it may be inaccurate somewhere) (?) but WOW it looks the part.

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

OK - pre-ordered mine back in March - now starting to twitch - anyone pre-ordered more recently and got theirs yet ??

I got the email over the weekend and phoned in my payment details Monday morning.

Received an email confirming despatch on Monday afternoon, but it hasn't actually got here yet.

John

When you say pre-ordered what do you mean? They didn't have Hattons style preorder such that you left debit/credit card details.

The system Invicta had was one where you registered interest, you neither paid nor left payment details. They essentially agreed to contact you when they became available then you actually place your order.

I had an email on Sunday and ordered online on Monday. Others seem to have had a phone call.

You'll need to follow it up.

Edited by Arthur

Me likewise, the pre-order is a reservation and indicates quantity(ies) and variant(s), and captures all of the personal details save those for payment. You need to confirm by paying for them and within limits can vary your original reservation. I managed to get through today and reduced my order in view of the 50% price increase, especially as Hattons have taken the money for the Hornby ex-LNER CCTs today too! CCTs and CCTs - it must be nearly Christmas. :senile:

Edited by Pint of Adnams

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Further to post 110. The two CCT's arrived today in the morning post. They are really great models, and Im very pleased both with them, and the service received from Invicta. Since there is a photo' in post 116 of the BR blue CCT, I show here a couple of photo's of the BR maroon CCT.

post-22631-0-31185200-1409775108_thumb.jpg.

And the underneath:

post-22631-0-83134200-1409775120_thumb.jpg.

All the best,

Market65.

• Like 3

OK - pre-ordered mine back in March - now starting to twitch - anyone pre-ordered more recently and got theirs yet ??

I preordered two batches. I've had 2 emails telling me they. Have arrived and I can ring in with payment details or wait until my preorder slot is reached for a further reminder. I think they are slowly working their way through. A long list as they need payment details for every order.

My 8 are now Enroute :-)

I ordered one immediately when 1st announced (way back when..). I got an email on Friday saying they were imminent and should ring them. On Saturday I got an email saying they had arrived!. This morning (Monday) at about 0930 I rang, stating that I had pre-ordered, and was told it would be posted later today. I don't know whether I've jumped the queue, no rush on my part anyway. So I await the delivery with anticipation.

Stewart

Just noticed that the Lima one I repainted (and hence renumbered) has the same running number as the new Invicta/Bachmann one!

Doh.

Stewart