Invicta commission Bachmann to produce CCT

Andy Y

I have bought one and need to convert it to EM.

Am I right in assuming replacment EM wheels need to be fitted? 

Sometimes it pays to read through a thread. :)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83317-invicta-commission-Bachmann-to-produce-cct/page-7&do=findComment&comment=1580623

If Gibson P4 jobbies fit... you should have no trouble with EM.

As has already been said expect to do a bit of fettling with the brake shoes.

P

Sometimes it pays to read through a thread. :)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83317-invicta-commission-Bachmann-to-produce-cct/page-7&do=findComment&comment=1580623

If Gibson P4 jobbies fit... you should have no trouble with EM.

As has already been said expect to do a bit of fettling with the brake shoes.

P

I know EM wheel sets will fit, I was asking wether the exsisting wheel sets could be made to fit.

Am I right in assuming replacment EM wheels need to be fitted? 

I know EM wheel sets will fit, I was asking wether the exsisting wheel sets could be made to fit.

Then why did you ask if your assumption was correct? I simply answered your query. (as did others) :)

P

I pre-ordered the Red Star version some time ago, the order was confirmed but I have heard nothing since.

I received my red star one a few weeks ago and have since ordered and had delivered a second one would be worth giving them a call

• RMweb Premium

Was the confirmation an email by Invicta? If it was, you need to contact them with current payment details. My batch were despatched within 24hrs of me doing this.

I received my red star one a few weeks ago and have since ordered and had delivered a second one would be worth giving them a call

It stated on the e-mail that they would contact me, I'll have to give them a call in the morning.

Chatting with Kerry and Vernon (who are at Barrow Hill this weekend) they're getting through all of the pre-orders with the weathered models being the latest to be processed. They've gone through virtually all the straightforward ones now but there are a fair number of pre-orders with incorrect email addresses or phone numbers plus people they haven't heard from (notifications could have been trapped by spam-filtering for example).

So, if you believe you have pre-ordered any CCTs and not heard anything please give the shop a call from Monday onwards and they'll be happy to get you sorted.

0208 302 7774

• Like 1

For anyone wanting to change the running number on the CCT, I found that the existing tampo printed numbers on the maroon version can be removed very easily with a craft knife and slight sideways scraping. The letter and numbers seemed to just chip off, leaving no damage to the underneath maroon finish. The benefit of scraping was I was able to retain the existing 'cct' marking. Have painted the ends black in readiness for a new number.

According to a review in the latest Model Rail Magazine, CCT's were not used on the Scottish Region - can anyone confirm this ?

TIA

Edit: In fairness to Model Rail Magazine, the article actually stated " the CCT's worked on all BR Regions apart from the Southern and Scottish"  hence my query

Edited by tractor_37260

According to a review in the latest Model Rail Magazine, CCT's were not used on the Scottish Region - can anyone confirm this ?

TIA

Not allocated would be more correct;  when the vehicles were built, batches were allocated to all Regions, except for Scottish.  However, as parcels stock, unless branded otherwise, were effectively common-user, they inevitably made their way north of the border. I've certainly seen photos of them at locations as Scottish as Kyle of Lochalsh.

Here's a photo of a pair on the West Highland in the 1960s:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/8611864915/in/set-72157626778604158

whilst here's one with an ex-Southern van, and what looks as though it could be a 6-wheel 'Stove' at Kyle:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/5729573120/in/photolist-9UAzAk-9JfMHz-9JfMrF-9JiBns-9JiARS-9JfMka-onRcDZ-9JiA8A-9JizZs-9JiAfd-9JiBu1-9Jiyts-9JfNbF-9JizRs-btaA5A-9JfiWF-9JfL1D-9JfNGX-9Jifi9-9Jiabq-9JijZu-9JfoFV-9Jih1j-9JfKKc-9JizoY-9JfLBv-dx96v2-9JixPN-9JfLfK-9JfLv6-onQHQo-9JfKRX-9JfL9n-9JiyAy-9JiC9u-9JiBCh-9JfJVr-9JiBZQ-9JfKCV-9JfPbg-9JiBRE-9JfHav-9JicZy-9JizJA-9JifZb-9JfpUM-9JfmcT-9Jiea9-9JihEh-9JfGaa

TIA

As Brian says, they went north of the border on a regular basis.  To say they were not used on Scottish is misleadingly untrue, they just weren't allocated there (like BGs until late in life and GUVs for that matter).

A well known Argo record features a photo of a Standard pacific on the GSW on a lengthy rake of CCTs.  They regularly appear in Waverley route photos too.

By the same token, Mk1 BGs weren't initially allocated to the ScR either, but this in no way precludes the use of either vehicle (very extensively) north of the border.

CCTs are a very common sight in transition era Scotland and beyond. :-) 

Edited by Mad McCann

Not allocated would be more correct;  when the vehicles were built, batches were allocated to all Regions, except for Scottish.

IIRC; they were not allocated to the Southern either initially. Which is why there were no green ones, they only were allocated to SR after the adoption orf rail blue.

Chris

Hello

My weathered one is on it's way. Also as regards removing the numbers and changing them, you can get them off just by using your thumbnail gently. Not even a mark on it. Also works on the blue/grey Inspection saloon.

Cheers 

George                                                                                                                            

Slightly off the recent threads on this topic has anyone got the Engineer's Yellow QQX version? 

Though the BR Blues are excellent I have a few Hornby and Lima ones which I'm quite happy with and would rather pay the extra for a more 'unusual' version.

Do the Invicta ones run better than the Hornby/ex-Lima when used with other rolling stock?  I have had a few derailing issues with them (possibly the 'loose' bogie/wheel sets but more likely the fault of the larger coupling fittings)?