Invicta commission Bachmann to produce CCT

Andy Y

• 2 years later...

I have purchased general release 39-551A (E94628) and tonight got round to looking at it. To my surprise it is identical number and details in every way to my 39-551Z produced ‘Exclusively’ for Invicta model rail. Checked images online and it confirms that 39-551A and 39-551Z are the same model, just in a different box. How has this come about? They can’t say produced exclusively for Invicta then decide it’s not exclusive after all and is available everywhere. Why produce the same number? 

Its really annoyed me. 

1 hour ago, 66738 said:

I have purchased general release 39-551A (E94628) and tonight got round to looking at it. To my surprise it is identical number and details in every way to my 39-551Z produced ‘Exclusively’ for Invicta model rail. Checked images online and it confirms that 39-551A and 39-551Z are the same model, just in a different box. How has this come about? They can’t say produced exclusively for Invicta then decide it’s not exclusive after all and is available everywhere. Why produce the same number? 

Its really annoyed me. 

Don't worry things like this have happened before, in a similar fashion - 66522 (with some weathering and sound added ), Class 24 Experiment (different Chassis?), so don't be too fazed.  Some people were annoyed at that, but that was how I believe it got permitted and brushed aside!  It probably won't happen now because many prices suppress demand, making it fr less likely to sell another 500+ units.  

Regards,

C. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

Don't worry things like this have happened before, in a similar fashion - 66522 (with some weathering and sound added ), Class 24 Experiment (different Chassis?), so don't be too fazed.  Some people were annoyed at that, but that was how I believe it got permitted and brushed aside!  It probably won't happen now because many prices suppress demand, making it fr less likely to sell another 500+ units.  

Regards,

C. 

A lot of it is the annoyance that I paid a decent amount for the Invicta exclusive CCT on EBay as I missed the boat when they were released from new. If I’d known, I would have just bought the standard release for a lot less money. Why could they not just simply put out a different number? 

I see Bachmann are releasing a Black Charringtons tta tank soon. I will be cautious as it could be identical to the Model Zone release from years ago. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 66738 said:

I paid a decent amount for the Invicta exclusive CCT on EBay

The limited edition version is still shown as being available to order direct from Invicta at £29.99, signficantly cheaper than the newer general release version.

https://www.invictamodelrail.com/39-551z-exclusive-Bachmann-br-mk1-cct-4-whl-van-br-blue-3124-p.asp

Regards

Roddy

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, 66738 said:

A lot of it is the annoyance that I paid a decent amount for the Invicta exclusive CCT on EBay as I missed the boat when they were released from new. If I’d known, I would have just bought the standard release for a lot less money.

Looks like with a simple bit of interwebby research you could have saved yourself, percentage wise, a considerable amount of cash and angst.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Looks like with a simple bit of interwebby research you could have saved yourself, percentage wise, a considerable amount of cash and angst.

P

Yes indeed. I should have done my research. It just did not occur to me to check if any models were duplicates. I seem to remember that 39-551Z was not available when I ordered 39-552Z, or I would have purchased both at the same time. Lesson learnt.

Edited by 66738
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 66738 said:

Yes indeed. I should have done my research. It just did not occur to me to check if any models were duplicates. I seem to remember that 39-551Z was not available when I ordered 39-552Z, or I would have purchased both at the same time. Lesson learnt.

Don't give yourself too harder time, we have all bought something or another, on a whim only to later find out we shouldn't!  As long as you usually get the bargains, your doing well!  Personally I don't use E-bay very often, because many prices are just sill to start with, hence as you seem to have found out - research is key!  

Regards,

C.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

The invicta CCT in Maroon has maroon ends. The Bachmann maroon release has black ends.

How widespread were the maroon end ones, and what time period?

I actually have two invicta models and was planning on renumbering and black ending one. Would the two different end styles have operated together?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 03/05/2020 at 21:24, Butler Henderson said:

Maroon ends came in when stock was spray painted commencing in the 1960s so presumably only a few CCTs were so treated.

On 03/05/2020 at 18:36, G-BOAF said:

actually have two invicta models and was planning on renumbering and black ending one. Would the two different end styles have operated together?

Yes, you'd have seen vehicles with black and maroon ends running at the same time, and up to the early 70s, both running with rail blue painted examples.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi there, I've just bought a maroon CCT with a sealed detailing bag, but with two end hoses loose in the box, and from what incan tell those parts missing from the bag. It just feels a bit curious, did anyone else have similar? Thanks!

• Like 1