London Road Models

Jol Wilkinson

London Road Models have introduced five new brake van and one van kit, formerly available in the D&S range.

LYBV1 L&Y 10t 4 wheel brake van “tin tab”.....................£19.00
LYBV2 L&Y 20t 4 wheel brake van...................................£20.00
LYBV3 L&Y 20t 6 wheel brake van...................................£20.00
MRBV MR 20t 6 wheel brake van.....................................£20.00
MRBBV MR ballast brake van ..........................................£19.00

LYCCT L&Y 21’ CCT. Diag 113........................................£26.50

They are so new they haven't yet appeared on the LRM website  http://traders.scalefour.org/LondonRoadModels   but are now available.

Enquiries on these and all the LRM range can be sent to     lrmenquiries@hotmail.co.uk

Has there been any modification/improvement/revision made to these?

Not as far as I know, but I believe Brassmasters are bringing out a add on etch for one of the L&Y brake vans with an alternative (later?) end partition and other details.

If you want more details, contact LRM at the email address listed, or Brassmasters on their website.

• 1 month later...

New from London Road Models is a Cowan Sheldon 42' turntable. These were used by a number of pre-group companies.

Cowan Sheldon supplied the basic turntable unit while the well and a number of other fittings were supplied locally. For example, the handrail supports could have single or double handrails supported on stanchions, angle iron posts, etc. Wells could be stone or brick, with brick, cobble or setts for the paved surrounds. The turntable deck was apparently planked in a variety of ways, so this is also left to the builders choice.

A turntable drive unit is not supplied as there are already a variety of these available on the market.The mainshaft bearings are 1/8" which accepts most units including those based on Meccano gears.

The turntable is therefore supplied as several items;

An etched turntable kit, including turned carrying wheels, mainshaft bearings, etc. - £39.50

A vacuum formed well, with pre-curved rail and C&L chairs - £18.50

(this can be faced with brick or stone embossed plasticard).

Single rail stanchions (pack of 12) - £6.50

Double rail stanchions  (pack of 12) - £8.50

London Road Models can be contacted through their website http://traders.scalefour.org/LondonRoadModels/

post-1191-0-43603800-1398777879_thumb.jpg

post-1191-0-95295800-1398777893.jpg

Thank you for sharing LNWRModeller, do you know if they will be doing a 60FT version? 

Do you know if London Road acquired the old D&S Medium Cattle Wagon, and if they did do they have any plans to release it?

Cheers

David

Hi Jol

Thanks for the information, sadly the turntable at Bangor was a 60FT unit, so the London Road models one is too short

Thank you for the possible lead, I am in need of a good 10 wagons and at the minute I cannot find a supplier of the medium or large versions, possible mass scratchbuild or attempt to design an etch here we come

Cheers

David

Hi Jol

Thanks for the information, sadly the turntable at Bangor was a 60FT unit, so the London Road models one is too short

Thank you for the possible lead, I am in need of a good 10 wagons and at the minute I cannot find a supplier of the medium or large versions, possible mass scratchbuild or attempt to design an etch here we come

Cheers

David

If you are looking for the larger wagons, try David Geen.

http://www.davidgeen.co.uk/catalogue/lnwr.htm

Be aware that neither his online catalogue or pdf price list appear to be correct. I bought a couple of LSWR vans at S4N and they were nearly twice his catalogue price

LRM also do a D14 LWB Deal Wagon, which is an interesting change.

Also looks like London Road accepts Paypal payments now, excellent for us overseas customers. :)

Could someone confirm that they do accept overseas orders ? I have sent them 2 emails in the last month about a possible order, through the "contact us" page on their website, but have never received a reply (they don't provide a telephone number).

thanks in advance

Rodger

Rodger,

LRM does accept overseas orders. I know he had a problem with his PC about four weeks ago so your emails may have been missed.

you could try lrmenquiries@hotmail.co.uk

Jol

Rodger,

LRM does accept overseas orders. I know he had a problem with his PC about four weeks ago so your emails may have been missed.

you could try lrmenquiries@hotmail.co.uk

Jol

thanks Jol - I'll give it another go.

• 4 months later...

Archived