Bachmann revised OO Class 150/1

lapford34102

Just a thought, but how come no-one seems bothered that Bachmann have used a 150/2 underframe on the 150/1 models?

There are quite a few differences between a /1 and /2 - one of the most obvious being that /2's have two coolant pipes from the radiator panel, whereas /1's only have 1.

• 1 year later...

Just realised that it's 18 months since I got mine and it's still not had a run. I have a suitable spare decoder now, so maybe........

• 1 year later...

Just bumped this topic, as two of the versions of the revised 150, with the motor over one bogie,  are being sold at significantly reduced prices by a number of retailers. I've taken the plunge and ordered 150/1 Sprinter weathered and 150/2 Centra, from Rails at £99 and £89 respectively.

• Like 1

Just bumped this topic, as two of the versions of the revised 150, with the motor over one bogie,  are being sold at significantly reduced prices by a number of retailers. I've taken the plunge and ordered 150/1 Sprinter weathered and 150/2 Centra, from Rails at £99 and £89 respectively.

I too am thinking of getting the 150/1 for £99. Is this the lowest price a brand new class 150 is likely to be as thinking of doing a respray?

• Like 1

Guest Midland Mole

I too am thinking of getting the 150/1 for £99. Is this the lowest price a brand new class 150 is likely to be as thinking of doing a respray?

I cant see them getting much lower than that, certainly the ones we have priced at that have been flying out the shop. I picked up two more myself to use for a conversion project.

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole

The price is really very low and it sure is good value for money for what on the whole is a reasonable(ish) model. There are just a few issues that really put me off the motor block still is a problem when I have seen them on display it is too much of visually an issue for a fairly recently tooled model. Also the 150\1 model has the underframe of the 150\2 as there are some differences, of note the 150\1 only has one connection from the radiator whilst the 150\2 has a second. The model clearly has the underframe of the 150\2 variant.

Guest Midland Mole

The motor block is vastly improved from the earlier version though. At least one has an interior! As for the underframes I don't know enough about the differences for it to bother me luckily. ;)

At the current prices, it was a no brainer for me to trade in my old style ones for these. I now have 5:

1x 150/1 in Provincial livery

1X 150/1 to be repainted in RR Centro livery

1x 150/2 to be repainted in RR Centro livery

1x 150/1 & 1x 150/2 to be converted to a 3-car version in RR Centro livery....you could say I'm a little obsessed with Centro 150s. :P

Alex

The motor block is vastly improved from the earlier version though. At least one has an interior! As for the underframes I don't know enough about the differences for it to bother me luckily. ;)

At the current prices, it was a no brainer for me to trade in my old style ones for these. I now have 5:

1x 150/1 in Provincial livery

1X 150/1 to be repainted in RR Centro livery

1x 150/2 to be repainted in RR Centro livery

1x 150/1 & 1x 150/2 to be converted to a 3-car version in RR Centro livery....you could say I'm a little obsessed with Centro 150s. :P

Alex

Don't panic, you're not the only one.  I've been planning something similar.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Ah so nothing new to report since the Jan 2018 product update where this was advised. I would have liked to have thought the tooling could have been modified and the 150/2 with PRM blanked out loo's progressed by Warley 2019 some 1 year and 10/11 months on...

• Agree 1