Project Builds, Detailing, Painting, Weathering

Atlas U33C repaint

I agree Adrian. Especially as on this one I had old 3/4 angle pics to go on. Made drawing the curve in quite difficult. The next one, a GP30, I already have one so I can do side by side comparisons.

Go for it Daniel. I'm glad I have inspired you!

Very impressive work.  Warbonnets are a pain to do.  If you can get the Microscale warbonnet decals, they make doing the curve easier.  Photocopy the decal and use that to draw out your masking.  Even if you don't use the decal on the model itself the masking is easier to get right.

For that kind of masking I've had great success with Tamiya's masking tape.  I'm not usually a big fan of proprietary products like that, but whatever that tape is it's the best product I've ever used.  Thin, flexible and stays in place but is very good about not lifting existing paint....

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Looking back at this thread as a relatively new convert to the awesomeness of the Espee, I am somewhat sad that this loco got repainted. But at the same time, ATSF are awesome too, and your paint job is phenomenal.

I'm hoping to do one of my own this week, though not a GE, and not into ATSF. :)

Archived