Help with Wiring a DCC Layout

IanGrantham

I'm new to the hobby and having developed a track plan am turning my attention to the electrics.

I've tried to get my head around the principles of wiring, but just 'don't get it'. I need some help.

Is there anybody out there who could have a look at the plan I've attached and let me have some ideas on what power feeds and insulators I need? If it would be better I can send an AnyRail5 plan.

I'm using Peco Code 55 rail with Electrofrog points.

Thanks in advance

Ian

post-22249-0-46479100-1394831570_thumb.jpg

Ian you have posted a DCC layout in what is essentially a DC section, your question might be better posted in DCC Questions. However, if your layout is as you say DCC, you have no return loops so as far as I can see all you really need to do is put insulated joiners on the ends of the Vee-rails of each of your points (also called the frog). Attach as many droppers to as many sections of rail as possible particularly after the points and connect all the droppers to a pair of heavy duty bus wires taking care to observe correct polarity. If your controller supports a programming track then you might want to completely isolate one siding using a DPDT switch to connect it to the layout or isolate it for programming.

Richard

Archived