Oh and another little project 90% complete is now viewable, I Destroyed a perfectly good Tomix bus chassis and used a pile of plasticard to make a working Foden lorry that follows my hidden wire!

Next a 3D print of some hollow load to hide the workings!

Edited by Only-Me
  • Like 1

Oh yes! I'd forgotton about that! Its to remind me to bring it on Saturday for Maurits!

Well, today is Back to the Future day, apparently, so if you're going to have an out of place time item on the layout, now's the best time for it. :jester:

• 1 month later...

The layout is now as finished as a layout ever gets, before I find some more scenery parts or lights to ft when I visit Warley this weekend, so here are a few pictures.

The finished Funicular, now actually functioning as it should automatically going up and down without the hand of god to control it!

post-18903-0-81988900-1448553696.png

post-18903-0-94955900-1448553697.jpg

post-18903-0-06517100-1448553699.jpg

The London Brick Company CL14 heading North with its load from the quarries further south

post-18903-0-89537800-1448553695.png

Then we had a visit from Chris Nevard at RM, a little sneaky peak of what you may see in the Magazine early in the new year.

post-18903-0-48394000-1448553697.jpg

Edited by Only-Me
  • Like 13

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Afternoon all, with Tormouth now complete (is a layout ever complete!!), thought I would post a couple more photos to show you.  the layout surround has been completed and day light LED aquarium lights added to allow some light to peculate onto the model!.  Magnets have been fettled under the track in the station so goods stock such as milk tankers and fuel for the depot can be deposited and collected whilst giving the viewers some shunting movements to view from the trusty 08 that lurks in the Depot shed.  china Clay workings and wood heading North, and a plethora of local and express passenger workings.

Lights supplied by a good friend of mine "Maurits71"

post-18903-0-03470400-1455027402_thumb.jpg

post-18903-0-55609000-1455027401_thumb.jpg

post-18903-0-97939800-1455027400_thumb.jpg

A little fettling of the computer control being done this evening, then its clean the track hop in the car and we are off to the races at the Weekend!..

Tormouths first outing this year is to this very websites exhibition at Doncaster Race Course this coming weekend do come and say hello if you are passing... We will be running in late 1960's early 1970's guise so a few blue and mostly green locos coupled to maroon stock, maybe the occasional MK1 in BR Corporate livery... You never know D1000 Western Champion may also appear with it's Pullman stock on the "Western-Man" rail-tour.  We have a few sound fitted locos for added amusement and the funicular actually now does what it said on the tin when I purchased it....(it goes up and down on its own! That was more confusing to put together than all the DCC components ha ha !!). 

Photos will follow and once my Nelevator arrives and we convert her to DCC it will be added to the layout and allow for 27 fiddle yard sidings in all!

TTFN!

Edited by Only-Me
  • Like 7

Hi all,

just returned home safely from Doncaster.

Tormouth has performed really, really well on his debut show. No issues at all till the last 15 minutes where one point moter decided to give up.

we had little stock issues. Only challange was to get the software to work properly. not down to the software but down to use not reading the manuals :'( :'( ( Paul Churchill )

Saturday was more off a challange then today as we started really early to get some timetables properly sorted and must say we had at one point a few good hours with no issues at all.

Lots of interest from the public and a few new invites.

After all Paul, Ancko and myselves had a really enjoyable show.

few pics from the weekend

EE3F30B7-A90F-4C3C-B2FC-40CED7154DAA.jpg

47E795D5-4803-48AD-B664-340928853860.jpg

97FD573E-CD3E-435E-8517-DC49FFCE5D63.jpg

B0CB620C-D7E6-40A1-A341-1EB8A18EDB86.jpg

A7E34306-1F52-4593-984F-4D6933CE5E97.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Just been reading your article about 'Tormouth' in the latest April 2016 issue of Model Rail magazine. A good read with some great photos which shows how this has got to be one of the best N gauge layouts built in the last few years for me with it's simple trackplan and great coastal scenery, all built in a small space.

I also enjoyed visiting and watching 'Tormouth' 'live in the flesh' whilst at the Doncaster exhibition.

Sam

• 6 months later...

Hello all, its been very quiet on the Tormouth front for the past few months with life catching up a bit and getting in the modellers way!..  We are out this coming weekend for its second show of the year, this will be at Hornby's Great Electric Trainshow, at the Motor Museum in Gaydon on both Saturday 8th and Sunday the 9th October,  you can get a sneak peak of things to be seen in this months Hornby Magazine.  

The usual motley crew of myself, Ben A, Maurits "Helix" Van De Pol and Acko22 will be present running the layout and hoping to have a good talk to you all whilst it runs itself (we hope ;) ), the main focus for me with Tormouth was always about the automation and the ability to allow the pc to run the timetables automatically, so we can interact with the public and answer any questions you may have relating to the layout build, how the bus works or Revolution Trains forthcoming new products!!  

Hope to see you there

Paul.

http://ttp://www.greatelectrictrainshow.com/view_article.asp?ID=10206&pubID=62&t=0&s=4&sO=both&p=1&i=10

10206.jpg

Edited by Only-Me
  • Like 6

Tormouth was behaving really well and we received a lot of positive feed back yesterday.

During the show I have made a small video, hope everybody will enjoy it, sorry sound is a bit low but can't fix this from here.

Look forward to another great show day

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

Many congratulations for being awarded the "Best Digital Layout" in show.

Well deserved - and you've sold me on the idea that our next club layout should be automated too. Much better for public engagement as well.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 9 months later...

Been a bit since I've looked at this thread, the image from 3 Oct 16 reminds me just how good Dapol N gauge stuff looked if you ignored some of the QC issues with the circuit boards.

And that my OO railway doesn't have a 22 which to me is the best looking ugly locomotive i have ever seen.

• 4 weeks later...