Heljan O Gauge Hymek

SpudUk

I sold one about 3 years ago for about £250 and that had a professional weathering job,

Since the release of the western and the announcement of the warship they have started fetching double the above price.

I haven't seen any turn up on eBay for a while and I know they seem to be in demand at the moment.

It is a nice model and with some detailing can be a superb model

Guest 40-something

You could go down the route of the PRMRP conversion kit for the old Triang/Big Big Hymek.  I think its about £140 for the kit with a single motor.  Ive seen really nice models made that way

I should think you will have no problem selling it Spud, just make sure it is not under-priced. My green Heljan Hymek is definitely not for sale. I have weathered it carefully and fitted a Howes DCC sound decoder. It brings back very happy memories from my spotting days around 1970-75 and is likely to make the occasional appearance on my Cwm Bach layoutwhen it becomes operational.

The Hymek kit  is still available from JLTRT for £440 excluding wheels. motor, and transmission. http://www.justliketherealthing.co.uk/class-35-hymek-o-gauge-loco-kit-p-195.html?zenid=kpaiqpgrc8nr1j8fhabg4fj821&cPath=46

post-5983-0-57475700-1395151159_thumb.jpg

Add in some detail parts from JLTRT and Pete Harvey and it is a superb loco that can hold its own against more modern offerings and quality kits.

I'm very happy with mine and wouldn't rule out another one but that wouldn't be any time soon. I would like one with ploughs and I have them ready.post-5983-0-74407200-1395151412_thumb.jpgpost-5983-0-20942700-1395151454_thumb.jpg

And if there's one modification every hymek owner should make its on the Pete Harvey etched steps and he now makes the timkin covers after I commissioned them.

post-5983-0-75547500-1395151576.jpg

Well, she has never been used, bar the odd test run. All that has been done is that I fitted train reporting numbers to each end, 6B18 on one end and 2H90 on the other. All original packaging. I will get her out and test her on Saturday to check all is ok. The value that I have been told to expect is something round £500/£550, and as it's going toward live steam and my wedding I'd like to get as near to that as I could, but open to offers.

Chris

There must now surely be enough demand for Heljan to run another batch of say the Green and blue versions

Paul R

Paul - I think we can add the CL 47 (Any Livery) and CL 20  (BR Blue) to that list - Lets hope they do Re-Runs sometime in the future.

Cheers.

Bob.

Paul - I think we can add the CL 47 (Any Livery) and CL 20  (BR Blue) to that list - Lets hope they do Re-Runs sometime in the future.

Cheers.

Bob.

I think a re-run of 500 per type would be the bare minimum order.

Hi Chris

With the release of the Class 60 not that far off, I think it would be the Ideal time for Heljan to Re-Release the CL47 & CL37 in sector liverys etc  - Since the original release of the Hymek & CL47 there now seems to be a fair Increase in people modelling Diesels in 7mm.

These new 7mm modellers are now trying to catch up with the Loco's that they missed first time around or they did not model in this scale at that time, hence the Increase in price and non/low availability of some models.

I for one hope that we will see Re-Release's in the future in different liverys and maybe even some in primer - and also some more spares !!. 

Cheers.

Bob.

As much as it would be great I can't see it, the hymek, 47 & 37 would need re tooling and up until now Heljan have never done a re run in 7mm,

Being a stockist I get a little inside info and they are always looking at the next project to do not at the last.

Although I do agree that they would probably sell very well as many did miss out on the original runs

Archived