Metropolitan Bo-Bo EP sample

Multiple identity account

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Monkey28 said:

It’s a lais DCC 21pin .

I seen to remember when the locos first came out something about the PCBs boards being upside down or something.not sure if that effects my loco or not 

Ah yes the other I tried was a cheap Lais! Try a Bachmann 21 pin, I used that in all three of mine and they work fine. 
I haven’t tried Zimo in these either but I know the Bachmann one works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkey28 said:

I’ve had my number 12 Sarah siddons locomotive running for the first time in a few years 

I think my lighting may be wrong can anyone tell me how they should work on DCC ?

i have the bottom front and cab coming on with F0 

toplight with F1 and rear top light on F2

Take the body off, they have the lighting plugs the wrong way round on one end. I had the same. Headlamps should be directional on F0, cablights F1/F2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Erixtar1992 said:

Take the body off, they have the lighting plugs the wrong way round on one end. I had the same. Headlamps should be directional on F0, cablights F1/F2

Thanks Eric

I had a look and it was the little PCBs for the cab and top headlight that were in the wrong way up .took the PCB out a put it back in the correct way and the locomotive is now operating correctly 

all three lights on F0 and the cabs on F1 and F2 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know the correct way to oil the Bo-Bo?

It's running well just gently sweating in places. The axles seem to be the pickups so reluctant to put it there. Do I need to take the body off? (sincerely hope not !) 

Unfortunately the instructions are in the box buried in the loft (yes, what a plonker).

So grateful if anyone could share any tips!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

My Bo-Bo is very jerky (with a stiff spot every wheel revolution), and I suspect a split gear (although not worked out how to get the base plate off.

What spare is needed. The wheels are not listed on the gauge master site, nor are any other drive train parts.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 year later...

Just bumping my last message. Will Class 33 wheels work in a Metropolitan bobo (i.e. are they the same wheels?) Or any other leads on which wheel/gearset to use to replace a split gear.

• Like 1