2mm "third rail"

cromptonnut

The code 40 rail that Wayne at British Finescale sells is from the same die as the 2mm SA rail. Marcway rail is a very slightly different section.

The 'Track' book is available to all from the website below or from the 2mm Roadshow at selected exhibitions (next outing is the York show at Easter);

http://www.2mm.org.uk/products/trackbook/

Andy

• RMweb Premium

The code 40 rail that Wayne at British Finescale sells is from the same die as the 2mm SA rail. Marcway rail is a very slightly different section.

Andy

Hi

Still works in the Easitrac chairs though.

Cheers

Paul

Hi

Still works in the Easitrac chairs though.

Cheers

Paul

Yes, it does. I used to use it before the 2SA code 40 rail came in straight lengths. I believe the difference in dimensions is in the rail head, so the difference wouldn't affect the fit into the Easitrac chairs.

Andy

(edit to correct grammar)

• RMweb Premium

That looks very good, thankyou.  I was wondering about "proper" third rail pots but I guess it would barely be seen in 2mm and it would be incredibly fragile anyway?

soldered every 5/6 sleepers they are fairly robust although I do not think I will be picking them out in a ceramic colour  :no:

• RMweb Gold

although I do not think I will be picking them out in a ceramic colour  :no:

Unlike some idiots on here do :jester:

post-3290-0-80737800-1396119513.jpg

I cut down 2mm easitrac chairs and then attached them to slices of white plasticard rod to try and represent the ceramic bases that I recall from my earlier years :D

• RMweb Premium

Unlike some idiots on here do :jester:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I cut down 2mm easitrac chairs and then attached them to slices of white plasticard rod to try and represent the ceramic bases that I recall from my earlier years :D

nice to see you back Pete hows the colour blindness  going  ( keeps thinking blue is Green } :sarcastichand:

Archived