Couplings

goingloco123

I have been referred to this forum by Andrew Smith of PHF Global Limited which company markets Mathieson n gauge wagons.I have recently acquired a number of these excellent wagons which are devoid of couplings. He informs me that many 2FS modellers remove the original translucent rapido couplings and replace them with 3-link couplings. My question is does anyone have any of these couplings which they might like to part with for a reasonable sum, as I still model in n gauge and would very much like to integrate the Mathieson wagons into my existing stock.

The couplings are not available from PHF as spares since the models are imported from China ready assembled, and I have been unable to source rapido couplings which would fit since the wagons do not have NEM pockets moulded into the underframe.

Can anyone help?

Andy.

Don't Mathieson sell the 3-link couplings themselves?  They're at the bottom of the page of the original N gauge range on the website.  The idea seems to be to remove the existing coupling and holder and replace with the 3-link, giving permanently coupled rakes of wagons.

Instructions at http://mathiesonmodels.com/documents/INSTRUCTIONSFORFITTING3LINKCOUPLINGSTOMATHIESONMODELS.pdf.

Steve

I think Andy is wanting the translucent couplings that the wagons come with.

I think I've got one set somewhere - I'll try to find them. Might be worth making contact with Jerry Clifford (aka 'Queensquare') - he has quite a fewof the wagons.

Andy

I think Andy is wanting the translucent couplings that the wagons come with.

I think I've got one set somewhere - I'll try to find them. Might be worth making contact with Jerry Clifford (aka 'Queensquare') - he has quite a fewof the wagons.

Andy

Yes it is the original translucent couplings which are supplied with the wagons in which I am interested. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks for your early response. I will try to contact Jerry.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

My question is does anyone have any of these couplings which they might like to part with for a reasonable sum, as I still model in n gauge and would very much like to integrate the Mathieson wagons into my existing stock.

Can anyone help?

Andy.

I've got 8 that you can have, PM me your address and I'll send them on.

Alex.

Archived