Bachmann Diesel Sound Locomotives - Loksound Chip Versions

D400

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Bernard Newbury said:

I have read through this topic. Can anyone enlighten what is in the 32-650DS Bachmann Class 44 Diesel Locomotive  D3. I do know it is fitted with a  ESU Loksound decoder but which one. This is a new loco I am buying as soon as I can.

It will have a Non reblowable ESU Select decoder I believe.    Charlie

• 7 months later...

Class 37 32-791DS is a loksound, but dosent say if its a select or not. My other factory fitted sound fitted ones ( 20 from the train set, Large logo 37 from the train set and class 101 NSE all say select in the info.

It does sound different to my other 37 with a select and this one has drive lock and manual braking that therselect fitted one dosent have.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Whiskies Galore set today and the instructions say its a loksound select fitted to the green class 20. However it is a different sound project and features drive lock and active braking.

Bachmann did say it was a loksound 5 when I emailed them so not sure what it is. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am desperate for a br blue class 47 with sound and I have noticed on a certain online auction site that quite a few Bachmann 32-800ds ie 47 404 'Hadrian 's are available for around the  £160 Mark.  This is within my budget but I am curious as to why this model seems to be more prevalent at this price than other 47s. Does anyone on this forum have any first hand experience of the factory fitted sound on 47 404? My layout is a shunting yard so I am only really interested in low speed sounds with the occasional burst of light engine thrash off to 'the main line' behind the backscene. I do want the idling sound to be good though - I could listen to that all day. Cheers

2 hours ago, Richard Croft said:

It's a Loksound 3.5 in that which pretty much rules out ever upgrading the speaker, but it can be reblown if you don't like the sound thats on there

Hello Richard, many thank for the informative reply. I have been trawling youtube trying to find video of Bachmann 47 with factory-fitted sound through the factory-fitted speakers, but all videos feature either an upgraded chip, upgraded speaker, or both. Also, I realise youtube videos - probably filmed on a phone, and played through tiny headphone speakers - are not the best way to constructively review sounds, but it's the only option I have at the moment. 

• 2 months later...
On 01/12/2019 at 18:59, Richard Croft said:

It's a Loksound 3.5 in that which pretty much rules out ever upgrading the speaker, but it can be reblown if you don't like the sound thats on there

Hello again.  The 47 I eventually got  (Bachmann br blue 47 001) was fitted with a v4 chip. Yesterday I took it to Doncaster show and had it reblown by legomanbiffo.  The upgrade is fantastic.  Much more variety and quality in the sound and neat features like drivelock and manual braking control  (I was wondering why the loco took ages to stop :-) ). A speaker upgrade is nexton the list for this loco, then renumbering, then weathering. Not a cheap hobby, this, is it?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Following on from a separate thread

20156 Red Stripe RailFreight DCC sound - Loksound 5 DCC 

Interesting that they are using a 5 DCC!!!!

Wiggy.

• 2 months later...
On 08/06/2020 at 14:08, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Is it this one?

Bachmann 32-030DS Class 20 Headcode Box 20156 BR Railfreight (Red Stripe).

Is it a new sound project?

On 08/06/2020 at 14:08, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Does it say loksound 5 in the instructions?

My new 20 from the whiskies galore set state a loksound select but Bachmann said it was a full loksound 5 and the instructions were wrong.

1 hour ago, meatloaf said:

Does it say loksound 5 in the instructions?

My new 20 from the whiskies galore set state a loksound select but Bachmann said it was a full loksound 5 and the instructions were wrong.

Like you say it’s says select in the manual 

but it’s a loksound v5 decoder that’s unrestricted (can be reblown)

I confirmed this on my lok programmer

On 18/08/2020 at 18:00, Eddie R v2.0 said:

There is a couple of Loksound V5 options. One is a full blown one and the other is branded DCC. Both can easily be reblown but you have to state which version it is. Can’t remember off the top of my head what the difference is but the sound file is actually one of Bachmann’s better offerings -not as good as Bif’s but still pretty decent. 

The Soundfile is provided by South Western Digital.

Bruce