Preston and District Model Railway Exhibition - 2011

RallyRob16

Hello,

Having had to cancel our 2010 Exhibition due to the adverse weather we were subjected to earlier this month the committee has taken the decision not to hold one this year. They have however decided to take advantage of the enforced break and move the date of the exhibition (permenantly) to one which is less likely to be affected by weather!!

With this in mind here is the announcement of the new date.................

Please check out the website for full details. www.prestonanddistrictmrs.org.uk (click on the 'Exhibition' button).

Rob

2011.jpg

Layouts Appearing:-

Booked to date:

Long Line(N), Great Burden(N), Dyna Hyfryd(N/Nn3),

Grathwaite Junction(00), Blackmill(00), Charwelton(00),

Upper Benllech(00), Great Endon(00), Old Fart Sidings(00),

Eskmuir(00), Mawgan Sidings(00), Bash St (00).

Gressington Light Railway(009),

Teign House Sidings(7mm scale Broad Gauge),

Alyson St 1855 (0), Chesil Exchange (0),

Zorba's Mine(0n30), Twin Falls (0n30).

G-Whizz (G),

And for the children of all ages, as always:-

Ardson9.jpg

The ever popular Ardson (00)

Trade Support From:-

Bay Models, Transport Models, Modelex, Rural Railways, Book Law,

Plus Daughters, DG Collectables, The Green Scene Collection, D.C. Kits/DE Videos,

Finishing Touches (Eazi Products), A1 Models, Unit Models,

Dean Sidings, Going Loco, MTFG Hobbies, Digitrains. Squire's Tools,

Modelfair Direct, B&H Enterprises.

Preservation Society Stands.

Lynton & Barnstaple Society, Poulton and Wyre Railway Society,

West Lancashire Light Railway, Ffestiniog Railway Society,

Stephenson Loco Society,

Ribble Vehicle Preservation Society (+ exhibition vehicle).

Modelling Demonstrations

U.K.Train Simulator, North Turton '0' Gauge Group, Les Green, John Holden and Brian Pickersgill

Club Stands.

Preston & District M.R.S ( Information and second hand sales.) Preston '0' Gauge Group, Display.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Modelling Demonstrations

U.K.Train Simulator, North Turton '0' Gauge Group, Les Green, John Holden and Brian Pickersgill

Unfortunately, John Holden won't be available, and I've been asked to stand in for him.

I'll have a display of Semapaphore Signalling things, mainly from John's Liverpool Lime Street layout like this gantry, plus lots to get your hands on.

post-3984-0-36866500-1297985275_thumb.jpg

Steve Hewitt

Now less than two weeks away and i've found an odd electrical fault on board 1 of Cressington :huh: Doesn't actaully stop the layout running provided the point into the shed is the right way :unsure: So major prode with the meter over the next couple of days!

Peter

I'm looking forwards to taking Great Endon to the show at Preston this weekend for its first proper exhibition outing under its new management.

The layout has been updated (literally), its now current era rather than mid eighties :rolleyes: and has had various additions to the scenary since its last outing as well as completely new rolling stock.

Some may remember it gracing the cover of the final edition of Modern Railway Modelling along with an article inside.

Please feel free to come along and say hello.

Cheers

Jeremy

Just over 3 days to go now. Everything going to plan so far!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'll be there helping to operate 'Great Endon' , don't be shy come and say hello, we won't bite!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

Rob

Any RM Webbers at the show can get a discount off of the DE Videos/DC Kits stand, just be cheeky and ask Charlie. (Thats me) See you there!

Any RM Webbers at the show can get a discount off of the DE Videos/DC Kits stand, just be cheeky and ask Charlie. (Thats me) See you there!

Charlie, Im SERIOUSLY worried about you, are you ill?

Yorkshireman? Discount? Losing your touch mate!

See you this weekend, I'm operating Eskmuir so I will come and harrangue you when I get time off.

If your that well off it's time all us treasurers put your stand rent up <_<

Mal

• RMweb Premium

Great Endon all safely loaded into the car tonight - all ready for the journey to Preston tomorrow :rolleyes:

Just how far are you travelling that warraants loading the night before......?? :P :P

The big white van for Blackmill is being collected about 3.15pm Friday - see you there.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

All very busy at 5:00 pm setting up.

Unfortunately, the man with the van with the tables wasn't expected until 7:30pm!

Helped on Blackmill for a short while then sneaked off home for my tea.

My plan to set up my demo stand, confirming I had remembered everything for once, has failed again.

I'll still have to get up early to return and set up in the morning.

I hope those ventilators in the roof are closed this year ?

See you all tomorrow.....

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the help Steve.

Blackmill set up and almost ready to roll - the road vehicles were inadvertently left behind, so they'll be sorted Saturday before the show opens.

Cheers,

Mick

A good day on the demo stand in one of the squash courts. Met many interesting people, one ex driver of Coronations, based at Preston shed and drove to Carlisle etc. Can't be many left now! Nice and warm in the demo room!!!! Another good day tomorrow hopefully.

Archived