Rapido launch date: 24 June 2014

rapidotrains

...He'll love that in 35C with no AC.  I mean, he has been telling me he wants to lose a few pounds...

35C = Peterborough Spital Bridge. (For Jason, specially erected for the local boys to gob on the trains passing beneath - there's no end to our eccentricity.)

He'll lose weight if you can keep the location of the Italian club secret. There's nothing else enjoyably edible for humans in that area (an animal feedstock production centre of the UK so he's alright if he likes cattlecake), and they have a very potent mosquito operating there in summer.

Hi Igor,

We won't be delivering the models - it's the announcement with some bangs and flashes added in.

I wouldn't dare bring out a model as a surprise delivery for our first UK release.  We start cutting the moulds in August.  I will share our 3D drawings on this forum over the month of July and get everyone to give their feedback on what needs to be fixed.  

-Jason

Yeah; it's an 86!

Frothing over....

I'm keen to see what is produced, whatever it is.  However with the lengthening list of prophesies as to what it will be, let's hope there are not too many people disappointed.

My money says it's a North Eastern Railway Bo-Bo EF1 electric Locomotive http://www.lner.info/locos/Electric/ef1eb1.shtml  26510 lasted until 1964 as a departmental shunter at Ilford

• RMweb Gold

Hi Keith,

How much time do you need?  This will also help me determine when to advertise the event.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

The optimum time to get discount tickets is 3 months minus 1 day - the cheap tickets get released 3 months ahead of travel date, and then gradually sell out. So in view of the fact that 24 June is within 3 months, the sooner the better.

• 2 weeks later...

So at the Calgary show I put Dan from Rapido to the question, and he told me everything, not. Jason you must have trained Dan very well not to talk.

Several people were talking about this at the show, heard some good guesses and the two that seemed popular are the prototype HST and APT.

Anyway I tried, and failed. :nono:

think we now have 3 rapido threads bobbing about all with elements of the wishlisting and guess what the new model is to them all so its hard to track all 3 sometimes and i dare say some repetition is par for the course as a result.

anyway.........not long to wait now.......

• 4 weeks later...

Been reading this with much interest. Bachmann produced the Blue Pullman to much acclaim. With all the rumours with 3's etc, I think it could the APT-P class 370, as rapido have modelled the superb CNN Turbo train.
If it is, I'll have one. Thought they are a superb piece of British Engineering to grace the rails, even though it was labeled a flop. 

Isn't June the 40th anniversary of the electric scot service on wcml to Glasgow? Class 87 has some fine rivets and there is one parked at Crewe heritage centre where this all began... Nrm also having one at York which could be wheeled north to shildon...

Archived