Alderford

Carl BR

If it's not your not coming. :jester:

I went to the market in town today to buy the material for the layout drapes today. I just need to find someone to stitch up the hems and Velcro. There's only 46ft of it.

Edited by Carl BR
  • Like 1

After calling in at the local model shop I discovered that the  Little girl and Nana figures are from the Bachmann shoppers set and not from the Hornby range.

I hope this error has not mislead anyone.

Has anyone noticed that the station has no name boards on the platforms and the front of the building?

This is about to be rectified. I managed to download the transport font from the web for what I am told is the right type face for BR signs. It looks convincing to me.

And thanks to all of you that have complimented Alderford since the last time I thanked anyone. :good:

Edited by Carl BR
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil

A bit of a late reply to your question, not a lot has happened to Alderford since York apart from getting frog juicers fitted to the remaining 12 points on the scenic boards to eliminate an issue with the point motor switches that caused a short on the layout at York that took what seemed like 10 mins to find.

Did you get a chance to get to York?

Carl

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Carl,

Great Layout. I am using your layout & RM feature as inspiration to finally stumble to 'looking realistic' peer pressure and have decided to build my own OLE on my layout that is under construction as I speak. Just finished baseboards and track laying underway.

It will be a 2005 is era and will feature a will feature the 350s, upcoming Bachmann 90 and Hornby pendolinos. It is a twin track mainline with a full loop, fiddle yard and townscene of about 10ftx6ft total.

I have not got a blog on here yet but will start one once track is laid and basic electrics are up and running.

Dan

Hi Neil

The  only thing worth a mention is that Alderford is filling a space at the Blackburn show in September due to another layout dropping out. It was booked to go to Blackburn next year.

I also have invites to Doncaster next year and Wakefield and Stafford for 2016. I still need to get the form back for Stafford.

No updates on the layout it's self but with these upcoming shows I really need turn my attention back to the layout.

I've been a bit committed the rebuild of my two 3 watt RGB laser light show projectors that need to be finished for an upcoming show at the end of the month. Another expensive hobby of mine.

Carl 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Neil

The  only thing worth a mention is that Alderford is filling a space at the Blackburn show in September due to another layout dropping out. It was booked to go to Blackburn next year.

Oh B*gger - there goes my chance of asking you to guest on Blackmill.............

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

A bit of an update on the layout.

First off I have decided to plough a bit more money into the signalling on Alderford in the form of new two aspect Red-Amber with dot matrix theatre boxes from Absolute Aspects.

I'm still waiting there arrival but will get photo's uploaded as soon as they are fitted. The theatre boxes will display the platform number a train is heading for after leaving the fiddle yard.

Also there are two shows coming up soon that Alderford will be attending. The first one is the North Fylde show in Fleetwood on the 19th & 20th of September, then three weeks later at Barrow in Furness on the 10th & 11th of October.

Carl

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...