Newport & South Wales Railway Museum open day (formerly Neon club)

steve fay

• RMweb Gold

Cogirep's just been set up and powered for the first time since Stow Rail in 2012, nearly two years ago, and after a bit of a track clean, everything looks good. The water has taken on a milky bloom but I think that will fade now that the layout is indoors for a few days, after being in a garden shed over two winters. Before Stow Rail I did quite a bit of work to it to make it more easily transportable and shorten the set-up time, so it's good that it will be getting out a bit more this year.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just by chance, I checked this thread otherwise I would have had a wasted trip with my lad.

Rob

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The club open day at the new Cleppa park premises is June 20th this year.

I take it there's no word yet on opening times and other relevant details.

Right now, I'm not sure about my plans for that day - though it sounds like it could be interesting.

Do you know if any buses from Newport city centre stop anywhere near (preferably Newport "Corporation" buses - as I've often found their "City Day Plus" tickets to be quite a good deal)?

Regards,

Huw.

• 5 weeks later...

I went and spent a good couple of hours there. Great venue for a club I think, good selection of layouts and only managed to spend £5.25 in between chatting to members. Hope this becomes a regular event and that the club made some money on the day.

I still yearn after Baz's tippler on his layout!

Tony

Archived