• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Phil Mc said:

50008 at Swinton (S Yorks), making her way back to Derby, about half an hour ago.

Cheers,

Phil.

IMG_5300_(2).JPG

I would have got a pic earlier on the S&C as I left work, but it was persisting down - a lot......

And I wasn't going to get wet for a 50...............................

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, newbryford said:

I would have got a pic earlier on the S&C as I left work, but it was persisting down - a lot......

And I wasn't going to get wet for a 50...............................

There was a hint of liquid sunshine in the air when I took the pic, but she had load 10 & a dead skip on the hook, so it was worth it just for the noise !!

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

50008 at Swinton (S Yorks), making her way back to Derby, about half an hour ago.

Same excursion (27 July, Derby to Carlisle and back), heading north through Rotherham Masboro:

777790755_50008Rotherhama.jpg.8d0423de9b5b093cd0f8a2c432c45122.jpg

1872560405_50008Rotherhamb.jpg.bec949530680eee15ad2eb8fcc22872a.jpg

91983511_50008Rotherhamc.jpg.da6a298ba8e66ac14511f8d2ee271357.jpg

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Routed via the old GC line via Rotherham Central  I note.

Was it for definite? Certainly not northbound, as I photo'd it at Masboro. I didn't go out for the southbound, but realtimetrains has it booked via Masboro, and only taking 5 mins Aldwarke to Holmes.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Was it for definite? Certainly not northbound, as I photo'd it at Masboro. I didn't go out for the southbound, but realtimetrains has it booked via Masboro, and only taking 5 mins Aldwarke to Holmes.

Sorry .That will teach me to read properly. And the correct way round.Will delete.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Spelling
  • Friendly/supportive 1

50 024 doing the light engine shuffle at Padd in 1976 (photographer unknown) and an unidentified large logo one with NSE sticker goes through the washer at Kensal Rise on its way down to Old Oak in the late '80s, photo by Anthony Middleton, taken from the Up Engine & Carriage Line flyover...

50 024 PADD 1976 269_n.jpg

MIDDI VAC KG 09617_n middi.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

50008 and 50015 at Longsight DMU depot. Tuesday September 29th 1992.

Unless 015/08 have been on BR in Dutch & Blue since entering presservation, this is Probably the last ever photo of 50008 / 15 as the famous pair in Dutch / Blue ever taken of them on BR.

Next morning they were loaded up and roaded to Bury.

see here after arrival.. Thursday October 1st 1992.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

50 024 doing the light engine shuffle at Padd in 1976 (photographer unknown) and an unidentified large logo one with NSE sticker goes through the washer at Kensal Rise on its way down to Old Oak in the late '80s, photo by Anthony Middleton, taken from the Up Engine & Carriage Line flyover...

MIDDI VAC KG 09617_n middi.jpg

Great shot that, got called out to the wash plant once from Padd ODM. on arrival we found the pump room on the left well over knee deep in foam.

As for the flyover, my only jaunt was with OC breakdown train to rescue a coach that had split the points between 1A and 1 at the start of the evening rush. But that's OT for here....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Incidentally, this would be 50015’s first train in preservation...

Preservation mimicked real life quite well I think, especially as one could goto Bolton and ride NSE stock behind a 37, or head down to London and still see 50’s on BR.

3rd October 1992 Diesel Gala at the ELR. Iirc this was first train of the gala, 8 or 9am, hence the stall still setting up and the crowds being thin.. though all the windows were taken.

I remember this being the busiest Diesel Gala (indeed any gala) the ELR had at this point, with many enthusiasts unaware 8/15 were now preserved, several times people asked when they were going back to BR.

note the window sticker, and D1041 at the other end of the tunnel.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

50 035 'Ark Royal' down at Toddington on the Glos & Warks yesterday.... almost but not quite in the same condition it was in when it was first named back in January '78...

DSCF5444.JPG

DSCF5446.JPG

You mean those unusual headcode lights?

https://images.app.goo.gl/1qyF5eJ53fgFZ1pF9

Edited by brushman47544
Add link to photo
  • Like 1

On 01/08/2019 at 19:02, Rugd1022 said:

Not only those but the plated over sandbox fillers from its refurbishment in the '80s.

And the rheostatic braking duct hasn't been opened out on the roof.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...