Track-Shack.com

Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Big Box  arrived  this  morning  8-00am Saturday............only  half  expected  as it was  only despatched  fro  the  I O M  on Thursday  and  Friday   being Good  Friday Royal Mail  was  closed, so I really expected it  to arrive next  Tuesday.

As it  was  torrential rain  most  of  the  day  here   so no chance of  doing  much in  the  garden, I was able  to  swop the  wheels  on  the  box's  contents!

Thanks John & Neil

post-10539-0-19206900-1459023645.jpg

Edited by Stevelewis

Just realised, that  my recent  post  re  the  BIG parcel  has  an incorrect  photo,  It  should  have  been  the  contents of the  big  box,  but I mistakenly posted a pic  of   the  Himalayas  from  the  window  of  an Airbus  A 380!!

Apologies  I will post  the  correct photo ASAP!

• RMweb Premium

Just realised, that  my recent  post  re  the  BIG parcel  has  an incorrect  photo,  It  should  have  been  the  contents of the  big  box,  but I mistakenly posted a pic  of   the  Himalayas  from  the  window  of  an Airbus  A 380!!

Apologies  I will post  the  correct photo ASAP!

I have been poring over that photo for ages, trying to work out what it is! I was sure we don't sell it...... :jester:

• Like 1

I have been poring over that photo for ages, trying to work out what it is! I was sure we don't sell it...... :jester:

I suppose  it  could  have  been  model  terrain  for a  layout!  Actually  Everest is in that pic.  it  was  around 100miles distant but does  show  up in the  distance.

I will get a pic. of the  Accucraft  items  on tomorrow

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A big thumbs up from me for TrackShack - order placed on Thursday evening, shipped on Friday, arrived in NI Saturday morning, loco on track and running in Saturday pm and very lovely it is too (Bachmann L&YR tank).

Excellent service and as others have said, very competitively priced.

Cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Shall we inundate them, by all placing an order at the same time, to see if we can get one that doesn't actually arrive the next day.

• RMweb Gold

Shall we inundate them, by all placing an order at the same time, to see if we can get one that doesn't actually arrive the next day.

I had one that didn't arrive the next day. However I did receive an email in the morning explaining that the mail plane had been unable to depart ( big storm) and my parcel would arrive the following day. No unnecessary waiting in. Very helpful.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What do you think this is? The "where's my APT-E thread?"

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

I had one that didn't arrive the next day. However I did receive an email in the morning explaining that the mail plane had been unable to depart ( big storm) and my parcel would arrive the following day. No unnecessary waiting in. Very helpful.

Tony

Now that IS service

Totally  off topic  here  but  I would  imagine  that  if my question  to  Neil becomes popular  and  receives a few comments  then  perhaps it  could be  moved to a more appropriate forum.

As Neil is probably  'in the  know' more than most   my Question  is  The  DOUGLAS HORSE TRAMS   are they to run again  this  year  or  have  they  gone  forever?

(such a pity if they  have, but   costs are a problem I suppose)

Bit of a late review but I ordered a Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Class 5 and I arrived very quickly, I think the next day.  Very happy with the service, cheaper than anywhere else on the web and free postage!

I'm looking at ordering some LMS Porthole coaches.  Currently 39-470 is out of stock, do you know when it will be back in stock?

• RMweb Premium

Bit of a late review but I ordered a Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Class 5 and I arrived very quickly, I think the next day.  Very happy with the service, cheaper than anywhere else on the web and free postage!

I'm looking at ordering some LMS Porthole coaches.  Currently 39-470 is out of stock, do you know when it will be back in stock?

It's out of stock at Bachmann, sorry.  The 'A' version with a different running number doesn't have an arrival date yet, but is listed.

Steve, the horse trams will run this year, but I suspect it will be the last, as the Dept of Infrastructure has little interest in them.  Listening to the Minister last week he has no intention of renewing the track when they finally get planning permission to re-do the prom.  The current plans have been thrown out!  You could always come to Groudle Glen instead......#declares interest#

A Trackshack staff member at Christmas driving the Santa trains (under supervision by John - not passed out yet).....#ahem#  Yes, we are real enthusiasts!

post-10195-0-26255900-1460059281.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Thanks  for  the  info  Neil,  Nice  pic    looks  a  little  draughty  though!!  ( Next  one  for  Accucraft?)

Nah, she's fine, I can stand up in the cab, unlike Sea Lion!

No, next loco is 7/8ths Decauville, it's a little cracker.

Fat bloke on Annie again.....

post-10195-0-94470400-1460061815_thumb.jpg

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Another example of superb service from the Manxmen....this time in the form of Bachmann's excellent lightly weathered Fairburn Tank.

Unfortunately when submitting my FeeFo,my comments on their service read 'secret' instead of 'secure'.Sorry chaps.Anyway,you get the message.I'm happy yet again .Many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Ah, secret delivery - wives and girlfriends/partners don't get to find out!!  I wish we could arrange that! :jester:  It would help my marriage for sure. :O

Thanks for your custom, as always. :sungum:

The secret is to do this. Either really or pretend to set up a small kit building 'business' and then anything that gets delivered has the business name on it. This can be all sorts of stuff but only open appropriate stuff in 'public; for example, parts, solder, paint, kits.  You make a big show of building one or two things when 'the significant other' (TSO) is around (those things never actually get completed) and then a box appears that is going to the post office (but it never actually gets sent anywhere). 

You also create a horse trading situation whereby others 'pay' you with items rather than dosh and these things can arrive quite openly as the significant other knows you are being paid in kind to avoid any difficulties with tax evasion.#

Good plan isn't it?

Plan B is to pay for TSO to go away on fancy trips and then arrange for loads of stuff to arrive during that time only.

That's a much easier, if a little more expensive, ploy but it is really easy to do and involves very little effort. :declare:

Philth

• Like 1

I have to add my recommendation for John at the Track Shack.

Ordered some SM32 Peco point Levers and buffer stops from them, they arrived in NZ 6 days after placing the order on-line at a much lower price than I could have got from any NZ suppliers. I guess the no VAT (export order) and no import duty (lower than threshold) affects my price, but the service is great and securely packaged.

Highly Kiwi recommended!!!!

Martin