Track-Shack.com

Kris

• RMweb Gold

The secret is to do this. Either really or pretend to set up a small kit building 'business' and then anything that gets delivered has the business name on it. This can be all sorts of stuff but only open appropriate stuff in 'public; for example, parts, solder, paint, kits.  You make a big show of building one or two things when 'the significant other' (TSO) is around (those things never actually get completed) and then a box appears that is going to the post office (but it never actually gets sent anywhere). 

You also create a horse trading situation whereby others 'pay' you with items rather than dosh and these things can arrive quite openly as the significant other knows you are being paid in kind to avoid any difficulties with tax evasion.#

Good plan isn't it?

Plan B is to pay for TSO to go away on fancy trips and then arrange for loads of stuff to arrive during that time only.

That's a much easier, if a little more expensive, ploy but it is really easy to do and involves very little effort. :declare:

Philth

I see I made a not-so-Freudian slip then. Mmm...food for thought there.You are not alone,it seems.We can be devious souls when the spirit moves.

Its  all right  to  make  arrangements  for  surreptitious  deliveries  to  arrive  undetected,    but  most  of  my   recent  track  shack  deliveries  are  rather  on  the  large  size to say  the  least!

Luckily  for  me  i  do a  bit   of  part  time  work  for  a  major  manufaturer  which occasionally requires me to  install  point  of  sale  material in superstores,  so   that  gets  delivered to  me at  home,  so  I can usually  get  away  with quickly   depositing  track shack big box deliveries in  the  garage, and  saying  'its  just  work stuff'  the  snags  occur  when   there  is  no  actual  work  to  go  to   for  a  few  days,  that  when  a 'rat  begins  to  get  smelled' so to  speak!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Track Shack have a very convenient send to another address system; they 'understand'.

I'm going to say again that the service from TS is second to none IMO and the small charge for postage  makes prices more than competitive.

My question would be, if I need to ask one, how is that so many other suppliers have not cottoned on to this professional style of doing business?

Keep it up TS. 

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Track Shack have a very convenient send to another address system; they 'understand'.

I'm going to say again that the service from TS is second to none IMO and the small charge for postage  makes prices more than competitive.

My question would be, if I need to ask one, how is that so many other suppliers have not cottoned on to this professional style of doing business?

Keep it up TS. 

Phil

This dialogue reminds me of the question once asked by gents haiurdressers...."Something for the weekend,Sir ?"

Keep it up TS. 

Phil

I think it  is  possibly  because  Track-Shack  is run  by  people  who  know  our  hobby  and  as  such also  know  what  the 'average enthusiast'  wants,  I know  that  both  John  & Neil are  enthusiasts ( and  no doubt  the others that  work  there are as well).

I have  dealt  with  them  for  some  years now  my first  purchases  being  Accucraft 16mm I-O-M  Caledonias, and I have  known  Neil  from  the  days  of  G Scale Mad (forum) Now  superseded  by  G Scale  central.

Its not  to  say that  there  are  other  retailers who offer  good  service  such  as  Arcadia  in Shaw Tim  is well known  for  his  extensive knowledge  of Continental & LGB items (& stock!)

Tower  Models In Blackpool  for   UK  0 Gauge  and  USA on30 narrow  gauge  ( both of  which  I  dabble  in as  well!!) 

I too do a bit of trading and modelling for others as well as figures .i sometimes get away with a  brass  loco dropping on the door mat .Its beginning to fail though and explaining a Gibson guitar as work was  something i was never going to  get away with . . :sungum: :scared: :nono: .Its time for some gratuitous selling  methinks ,maybe an odd Fender and a few unwanted locos ..Still I do like the Argos pickup arrangment as the last piece of brass didnt get noticed as they all say Southern pacific anyway ..in fact I wouldn have bought it with out Argos pickup .

Guest Digital

Can only add to what others are saying. Had my first order from Track Shack. Great service communication and prices.

Will be using again.

• 2 weeks later...

Emailed John yesterday about some transfers not being in a foreign kit I purchased two years ago and which as usual I hadn't checked properly at the time, I'd only checked very recently. The transfers I believe were late coming and hadn't arrived when the kits were sent out. Anyway, an email on the off chance some were still in the shop and they were on my mat when I got home tonight ! Absolutely amazing service from a shop that will always go the extra mile, thank you John.

• RMweb Premium

Emailed John yesterday about some transfers not being in a foreign kit I purchased two years ago and which as usual I hadn't checked properly at the time, I'd only checked very recently. The transfers I believe were late coming and hadn't arrived when the kits were sent out. Anyway, an email on the off chance some were still in the shop and they were on my mat when I got home tonight ! Absolutely amazing service from a shop that will always go the extra mile, thank you John.

...and I packed them!  Hope they arrived OK, I used a couple of bits of nice stout cardboard to protect them in the hope they didn't get bent.

• Like 1

...and I packed them!  Hope they arrived OK, I used a couple of bits of nice stout cardboard to protect them in the hope they didn't get bent.

And a big thanks to you as well then Neil ! When I saw the size of the packet I wondered if it was something else, no just extremely stoutly packed. Well done Neil !

John.

Outstanding service once again - ordered and delivered within 24 hours - posted in the IOM and delivered in the far north of a very WET Scotland - amazing !

Great price and Post Paid also - highly recommended !

Edited by tractor_37260

Outstanding service once again - ordered and delivered within 24 hours - posted in the IOM and delivered in the far north of a very WET Scotland - amazing !

Great price and Post Paid also - highly recommended !

What  makes  it  more  surprising  is  that  our  parcels  are  flown  quite  a long  way  South  before  they  get  to  come  back  up  north!!

Another glowing recommendation from me for Track-Shacks service Ordered two Bachmann Peaks yesterday morning. Postman knocking on door early this morning with large packet containing two Bachmann Peaks. Excellent service. Top marks for all those involved with Track-Shack from a very satisfied customer.  :imsohappy:  :thankyou:

Paul J.

• RMweb Gold

As with so many others here, another very positive report from me for the service received from Track Shack.

Order placed on Sunday, email notification of despatch received on Monday, parcel arrived Tuesday, fantastic!

All very well packaged, and sent special delivery first class royal mail, at no extra cost to me too as special delivery is included with hefty orders, as mine was on this occasion...

Very good pricing on the Bachmann LMS Patriot and Jinty too. :-)

Thanks chaps.

Cheers,

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Having heard nothing but good things about Track-Shack, I thought I'd give them a try and ordered a class 47 from them yesterday afternoon.

Low and behold, shortly after 1pm today said loco arrived at my door.

Excellent service, and well done for using the Royal Mail, as had I not have been in it makes life so much easier to collect than with some couriers.

I will definitely be using them again.

• RMweb Premium

Having heard nothing but good things about Track-Shack, I thought I'd give them a try and ordered a class 47 from them yesterday afternoon.

Low and behold, shortly after 1pm today said loco arrived at my door.

Excellent service, and well done for using the Royal Mail, as had I not have been in it makes life so much easier to collect than with some couriers.

I will definitely be using them again.

I can't take any credit, I'm on holiday as it's TT week!  We only use Royal Mail services, never couriers - too much grief.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...