Track-Shack.com

Kris

• RMweb Premium

Had confirmation of dispatch of my package yesterday less than 2.5 hours after placing the order - incredible!

Meanwhile with another large and well known supplier I'm still waiting for my order to be picked 5 days after placing it, despite querying it's status with them twice....

Had confirmation of dispatch of my package yesterday less than 2.5 hours after placing the order - incredible!

Meanwhile with another large and well known supplier I'm still waiting for my order to be picked 5 days after placing it, despite querying it's status with them twice....

I ordered a couple of bridge kits this afternoon from an entirely different supplier, and was astounded to get an email one hour and two minutes later informing me they had been despatched - the sort of service that is common with some USA suppliers but astonishing from a Brit one! Re you large supplier, I wonder if they are awaiting its arrival, having advertised, but not stocked, the item - which appears to be common-place here.

• RMweb Premium

I ordered a couple of bridge kits this afternoon from an entirely different supplier, and was astounded to get an email one hour and two minutes later informing me they had been despatched - the sort of service that is common with some USA suppliers but astonishing from a Brit one! Re you large supplier, I wonder if they are awaiting its arrival, having advertised, but not stocked, the item - which appears to be common-place here.

Wow that is fast! I wondered the same and casually enquired about the nature of the delay (wondering if perhaps it was payment clearing related) but was told they'd had a slight delay in their processes but that even so it shouldn't have taken this long to pick the order....maybe it was accidentally overlooked?

• RMweb Premium

Just to be clear - we won't sell anything we don't have in stock (other than the odd error in stock - very occasional, or replacements for defective stock we have sold out of), other than G scale pre-orders (which is how that market works).  The website won't let you buy something we don't have in stock - live stock control.  It's only fair, in our minds that this should be the case. 

• Like 2

Just to be clear - we won't sell anything we don't have in stock (other than the odd error in stock - very occasional, or replacements for defective stock we have sold out of), other than G scale pre-orders (which is how that market works).  The website won't let you buy something we don't have in stock - live stock control.  It's only fair, in our minds that this should be the case.

Can I just point out that I am in no way denigrating Trackshacks service, indeed I have dealt with their helpful lady on an earlier occasion - I was only commenting on the service from another supplier, who are apparently believers in good service too

• RMweb Premium

Can I just point out that I am in no way denigrating Trackshacks service, indeed I have dealt with their helpful lady on an earlier occasion - I was only commenting on the service from another supplier, who are apparently believers in good service too

No suggestion that you were, Jack - far from it!  I just wanted to take the opportunity to point out that we don't work in that manner, except in rare and pre-arranged circumstances.  We consider it to be fair to sell only what we actually have.

Jane is a star, she has really learned so much about the hobby in the short time she has been with us manning the 'front line'.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My usual accolade  for  Track Shak,  order  placed  lunchtime  Thursday,  delivered  beforre  9-00AM  Friday....Excellent  Service

I only needed  a  Next 18 decoder, but  a few other  scenic  items   got  added!!  The   whole  order  including the  decoder  were less expensive  than  other retailers

• 2 weeks later...

Another one for Track Shack, ordered yesterday and arrived this morning and cheaper than some other outfits, a couple of which I wouldn't touch now after problems with undelivered or mis-described goods and don't mention the pre-order fiascos.

Well done Track Shack, will be recommending to friends yet again.

Dave Franks

A  Thumping  long  list  order  was  placed  yesterday  at  around    3-00pm , order ranging  from  cork underlay  to  motive  power!  Spoke  to  Neil, who was  quite  busy  at  the  time,   but  true  to  form  at  around 8-10  am  today  the  postman  Thumped on the  front  door,  set  the  dog  off  barking  and  the  largish parcel  was  delivered  ,  

Significant  cost   saving involved  as  well 

Well done  Track-Shack

Edited by Stevelewis
  • Like 4

It's fair to say yesterday was a touch busy!  Glad you all got your goods on time, we got 99% of orders out yesterday, last few missed the last post van though.  Thanks for your orders and kind words. 

No one  seems to  have  noticed  the  clue  as to  what  one  of  the  items  is!!  (yet)

It's fair to say yesterday was a touch busy!  Glad you all got your goods on time, we got 99% of orders out yesterday, last few missed the last post van though.  Thanks for your orders and kind words.

Nice to see your back in the game Neil

• RMweb Premium

Having read all the glowing testimonials I was getting ready to place an order, then I noticed the postage restrictions, boo, hiss!

Mike.

(Not a complaint, just an observation)

Presumably you're not in the UK then (or wanted that Peco spray glue stuff we can't post from here because our mail flies).  Sorry about that, but it had become obvious it wasn't economical or wise for us to continue to post overseas for several reasons. Now, if you have a friend in the UK who visits.....  ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Our apologies to anyone waiting for deliveries from us currently, the Mail plane from Fraggle Rock has failed to fly two nights in a row, due to 'going technical'.  Isle of Man Post have made, I quote, 'alternative arrangements' today, so hopefully things will get going and the mail will be delivered, if a little late.

I am sure you will appreciate this is beyond our control, no-one at Isle of Man Post can remember another occasion when the mail has failed to leave the island on two consecutive days.

All the team at Trackshack thank you for your patience.

• RMweb Gold

Mike doesn't have any friends in the UK or probably anywhere else for that matter.... his acquaintances all paid for him to move to Spain. :beee:

Hi Mike. :sungum:

Dave Franks

That's at least 6 of you off the christmas card list!

Mr New Bryford best be careful, January 20th isn't all that far away, and my memory is one of the three faculties still functioning, the other two are,,,ermm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Surprised they don't have a boat as back up !

That's where the post went - on the ferry.  But that then means it is at the wrong distribution centre.  Always causes delays when that happens.

Had a lot of supportive messages today from folk whose parcels were delayed but they understood, and three abusive ones, one in particular quite nasty.  C'mon guys, it wasn't our fault, and they're toy trains.....not life and death is it?  #Exhausted of Fraggle Rock#