Track-Shack.com

Kris

• RMweb Gold

That's where the post went - on the ferry.  But that then means it is at the wrong distribution centre.  Always causes delays when that happens.

Had a lot of supportive messages today from folk whose parcels were delayed but they understood, and three abusive ones, one in particular quite nasty.  C'mon guys, it wasn't our fault, and they're toy trains.....not life and death is it?  #Exhausted of Fraggle Rock#

Quite unnecessary, of course, Neil. Sorry, mate. But I’m afraid a small % of modellers are likely to be so far up the spectrum you need a telescope to see them. Sigh.

• RMweb Gold

My parcel hasn't arrived yet but it's not the end of the world. Trackshack are one of, if not, the best, suppliers at getting deliveries out on time and can hardly be blamed for something completely out of their control. 

However, the world is full of tossers and regrettably a few of them inhabit our hobby.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

My latest  order  was  one  of those  delayed by the  unserviceable  aircraft,  but  it  arrived  this  morning at 8-00AM  none  the  worse  for  wear  after  its  50mile  plus   sea  crossing,  so  now  I am  delighted  to  have  a  rather  noisy  and  dirty  Pom-Pom  amongst  the  loco fleet,

I am saddened  and  annoyed to  hear  that  Track shack  actually  recvd. abusive  messages  because of  this  minimal shipping  delay, which  was totally out  of  their control,  it  brings to  mind that  when  I  was  working  as  an  Account  Manager in  the  early  90s   prior  to  the  digital communications  age,  I used to  spend 2 or  3 days  working on  the  IOM,  and  very  occasionally  the morning  newspapers  did not  arrive  due  to  transportation  or  weather  issues,  I was  amazed  at  the   attitude of  some of  the  guests in  the  hotel ( The Palace in Douglas) when they did not  get  their  morning  paper,  you  would  have  thought  it  was  the  end  of  the  world .

PS  the  loco  was  around  £20+ less than the  next  nearest  price!

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

However, the world is full of tossers and regrettably a few of them inhabit our hobby.

if the delivery of a new toy train is the biggest problem they have or are aware of they are very lucky indeed. They need to watch the news...

• Like 1

Funny you should mention newspapers - their absence on the rock is up there with WW3 and nuclear accidents in matters of importance here! :jester:   And yet the average Manxman person cares not a jot about UK matters.  Never worked that one out!  :scratchhead:

That  is /was  very  true  when  I   was on  the   island  and  we  got   into non commercial discussions  about  'things in general' with my  customers  I  got  the  distinct  impression  that  there  was not  a  great  deal of interest about  things  that were  not associated  with  the  Island, 

I used  to  enjoy  my  days on  the  Island  though.

• RMweb Gold

Another satisfied customer here.  Lots of Woodland Scenics trees ordered yesterday and arrived here in West Wales midday today.

(Funnily enough this remote area of Wales seems well served by the RM's hub-and-spoke network as I also had an envelope from Cambridge Custom Transfers, ordered yesterday - here today)

Another satisfied customer here.  Lots of Woodland Scenics trees ordered yesterday and arrived here in West Wales midday today.

(Funnily enough this remote area of Wales seems well served by the RM's hub-and-spoke network as I also had an envelope from Cambridge Custom Transfers, ordered yesterday - here today)

Yes  the  Mail  in Wales  seems to be  working  well  at  the  mo!  Never  usually  anything  arrives  late,  always  get  my  Track shack  orders next  day , might be placing  another  order tomorrow if  Neil is  reading  this!!!

• RMweb Premium

Yes  the  Mail  in Wales  seems to be  working  well  at  the  mo!  Never  usually  anything  arrives  late,  always  get  my  Track shack  orders next  day , might be placing  another  order tomorrow if  Neil is  reading  this!!!

Just this second looked in again!  I'm working tomorrow, yes Steve but you may speak to Jane or Pete also!

Just this second looked in again!  I'm working tomorrow, yes Steve but you may speak to Jane or Pete also!

Thats  one  of  the  advantages  of  life on  the  Isle  of  Man  you  don't  have  to  work  every  day

(only  joking!) :O 

• RMweb Premium

Thanks New Haven Neil, I knew there was a true Manx translation, but my recollection was from an all too brief visit in 1973 and a tour guide's 'English friendly' version of the saying reflecting the relaxed 'no pressure' attitude of Islanders. Of course, from a perspective on delivery of orders placed today, I'm sure customers will happily agree that 'Tomorrow will do' - very nicely. 

Edited by Brit70053

The  Royal  Mail  delivery man  ( ie  Postman)  made  it  through the  freezing  temperatures  and  heavy   hail  this  morning  to  deliver  my latest    order just  after  8-00AM,  which was  placed  just  after  3-00PM  Friday ( yesterday)

Once  again   Well  Done!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The  Royal  Mail  delivery man  ( ie  Postman)  made  it  through the  freezing  temperatures  and  heavy   hail  this  morning  to  deliver  my latest    order just  after  8-00AM,  which was  placed  just  after  3-00PM  Friday ( yesterday)

Once  again   Well  Done!

I can't claim any part of that one on the grounds I don't work Fridays!  It snowed here today too, on the higher ground.

• RMweb Premium

Neil there is rumour going around track shack that when you was there full time you never done any work. I personally don't listen to rumour lol

Hope the recovery continues to go well

Haha!  Well actually, I was never there full time..... I only started with John after I retired from a rather more responsible role working with young offenders!

Doing OK thanks, but more surgery to come to take the metalwork out of my foot in February - then we see what it's like.....may be OK, may need a plate putting back in. :scared:  :cry:

Please add me to the list of satisfied customers.  Cannot believe I ordered a couple of small items yesterday lunchtime and I have no idea how you do it, but they were delivered to Berkshire in less that 24 hours from the Isle of Man..... :O

I will certainly use you again.  Most impressed.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Please add me to the list of satisfied customers.  Cannot believe I ordered a couple of small items yesterday lunchtime and I have no idea how you do it, but they were delivered to Berkshire in less that 24 hours from the Isle of Man..... :O

I will certainly use you again.  Most impressed.

Specially trained Fraggles, who cycle overnight from here (trained by Mark Cavendish, y'see) to your letterbox with your parcels!  Our secret weapon.

Back in the real world - we try hard!

Thanks from all the team, Gordon.