Track-Shack.com

Kris

That's where the post went - on the ferry.  But that then means it is at the wrong distribution centre.  Always causes delays when that happens.

Had a lot of supportive messages today from folk whose parcels were delayed but they understood, and three abusive ones, one in particular quite nasty.  C'mon guys, it wasn't our fault, and they're toy trains.....not life and death is it?  #Exhausted of Fraggle Rock#

I am a firm believer that as soon as the 'customer' becomes abusive the staff should simply hang up the phone (if they are in the shop then the staff should be allowed to walk away), there is no reason or excuse for being abusive to staff members, especially for something outside their control.

Some people seem to think it is their God given right to be abusive but dont like it when they are on the receiving end of it.

I have stepped in when a man mountain was being exceedingly abusive to a young shop assistant, I waded in with both feet but when I asked how he would have reacted if somebody was being abusive and aggressive to his daughter (she wasnt my daughter) in the way he was he went bright red and shut up, after a few seconds he apologised to the young girl and walked off.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

One of our staff had a customer on the phone today who was being deliberately awkward - there's no need for such behaviour.  He wouldn't give his name - well if we're going to send you something we need to address it.....as well as your card needs the name for the transaction too........#sigh#  I suspect these folk have no intention of making a purchase, just enjoy a bit of trolling.  Oddly he didn't ask for Peco bullhead.........LOL

:jester:

Thankfully we have many, many wonderful and pleasant customers too!

One of our staff had a customer on the phone today who was being deliberately awkward - there's no need for such behaviour. He wouldn't give his name - well if we're going to send you something we need to address it.....as well as your card needs the name for the transaction too........#sigh# I suspect these folk have no intention of making a purchase, just enjoy a bit of trolling. Oddly he didn't ask for Peco bullhead.........LOL

:jester:

Thankfully we have many, many wonderful and pleasant customers too!

I am a firm believer that as soon as the 'customer' becomes abusive the staff should simply hang up the phone (if they are in the shop then the staff should be allowed to walk away), there is no reason or excuse for being abusive to staff members, especially for something outside their control.

Some people seem to think it is their God given right to be abusive but dont like it when they are on the receiving end of it.

I have stepped in when a man mountain was being exceedingly abusive to a young shop assistant, I waded in with both feet but when I asked how he would have reacted if somebody was being abusive and aggressive to his daughter (she wasnt my daughter) in the way he was he went bright red and shut up, after a few seconds he apologised to the young girl and walked off.

I work in a customer facing role. The amount of times I've had to hang up on a user I can count on one hand, but I do not accept abuse and the recipient is perfectly entitled to hang up.

• Like 1

I work in a customer facing role. The amount of times I've had to hang up on a user I can count on one hand, but I do not accept abuse and the recipient is perfectly entitled to hang up.

Having been a bus conductor in the early 1960's, don't talk to me about the public, especially those who believe you are a public servant and so you are fair game. They came unstuck with me because I didn't give a fukc, afterall, I chose the job because I liked being around buses, not because I had an overwhelming desire to take sh*t from no-marks.

As for Track-Shack, one of the best businesses around. Phone today ~ arrive tomorrow.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Having been a bus conductor in the early 1960's, don't talk to me about the public, especially those who believe you are a public servant and so you are fair game. They came unstuck with me because I didn't give a fukc, afterall, I chose the job because I liked being around buses, not because I had an overwhelming desire to take sh*t from no-marks.

As for Track-Shack, one of the best businesses around. Phone today ~ arrive tomorrow.

But you live near enough for Neil to stick your order in his giant catapult :jester:

Ordered  Wednesday  3-00PM   Neil took my  order.............

Gale force  winds  overnight  but  the  plane  made it to the  UK safely   ( ferries  were  cancelled  though)

4" of  snow  Here  this  morning,  but  9-30 AM postman  ( or  should I say  SNOWMAN)  Delivered  my  order

Exceptional  service

PS  that's  our  front   garden  before  the  latest  snowfall we  have  just  had!post-10539-0-65728900-1512727470.jpg

I should  have  added to my previous  post  that  my  order ( N  Gauge  this  time)  consisted  of  1  loco  & 8 wagons  which  saved  my  around   15%  when  the  free postage is taken  in to consideration, compared  with  other retailers

I should  have  added to my previous  post  that  my  order ( N  Gauge  this  time)  consisted  of  1  loco  & 8 wagons  which  saved  my  around   15%  when  the  free postage is taken  in to consideration, compared  with  other retailers

Well when you are snowed in like the picture, what else is there to do but model or order more models  :jester:

Well when you are snowed in like the picture, what else is there to do but model or order more models  :jester:

Snow  no  problem,  been  out  drove  to  the  town  centre,  trudged  thro'  the  car  park,  all slushy  and  like  Siberia  biting   cold  wind  ( it was -1.0'C on  car)  bought  a  few grocery  items from  Iceland  ( good  name fits  the  weather)  as  per SWMBO instructions  filled  up with  petrol  came  home!

What  gets  me is  that  they  closed  the  schools locally, I cannot  understand  why,  the  roads  are  fine  our  local  Airport is  open for  business when  I was  out a Beluga took off with  another  load  of wings  for  the  Bae  factory in Toulouse,  yet  they close  the  schools,  I can   say that   in my school days I never  recall  a closure  for  snow, we  just  got  there  somehow and there  were  some  bad  winters.

May get  some modelling  time  this  afternoon!

The only time they closed the schools in my day was when the heating failed, now it seems like a general precaution, but what do all the parents do when their little (and not so little) ones are unexpectedly home and they are meant to be at work.

They go home and leave us to pick up the slack lol, at least at my place it happens.

• RMweb Premium

Well the schools certainly are closed here today Steve!  Roads in chaos, busses all off, had to turn back from taking Mrs NHN to work this morning, a car had spun off and taken down a power line across the road, blocked in both directions, mountain road closed with snow, police saying don't travel, usual stuff.....

Airport functioning OK, but whether the mail can get there in the vans is a different matter entirely today.  I'm not at work anyway today so I don't know what is happening in that regard.

Well the schools certainly are closed here today Steve!  Roads in chaos, busses all off, had to turn back from taking Mrs NHN to work this morning, a car had spun off and taken down a power line across the road, blocked in both directions, mountain road closed with snow, police saying don't travel, usual stuff.....

Airport functioning OK, but whether the mail can get there in the vans is a different matter entirely today.  I'm not at work anyway today so I don't know what is happening in that regard.

Where are Eskimo couriers when you need them?

I should have added to my previous post that my order ( N Gauge this time) consisted of 1 loco & 8 wagons which saved my around 15% when the free postage is taken in to consideration, compared with other retailers

Glad they arrived in good time

• RMweb Premium

The schools closing thing is a really thorny issue. However, the decision is not made lightly as schools are penalised if they shut and it is deemed unnecessary. It is more about the litigious society  we now find ourselves in, risk adverse mangement teams and also the uncertainty that staff may be absent and conditions may worsen making it very difficult for children to be collected.  Difficult situation for the parent/guardians though, as stated.

Phil

The schools closing thing is a really thorny issue. However, the decision is not made lightly as schools are penalised if they shut and it is deemed unnecessary. It is more about the litigious society  we now find ourselves in, risk adverse mangement teams and also the uncertainty that staff may be absent and conditions may worsen making it very difficult for children to be collected.  Difficult situation for the parent/guardians though, as stated.

Phil

We  had  some  bad  winters in the  late 50s/early  60s  but the  Grammar  School  I attended  never  closed  even  when  the supply  of  solid  fuel  for  the  heating  system was  late  delivered!

I used  to  cycle around 2.5 miles  with a  group of  friends  in  all weathers  and  no one  seemed  to  'bat  an eyelid'  The  attendance rate  was  always  high and it  was  very rare  for a  Master  not  to be in attendance  (dressed in  Cap & Gown),  OK  the  school was  very  strict, but  we actually  learnt  a  great  deal, things  that   serve  me  well today still  ( unlike  some  of  the  contestants on todays quiz shows who  don't  seem  to  have  been taught  very much!)

And  we  had  a  Model Railway  Club as  well!!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...