Track-Shack.com

Kris

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just want to give a quick shout out to Track Shack. Very completive prices and delivery in less that 24 hours. The parcel was so secure it could have been thrown out of and aircraft and survived! Track Shack will now be at the top of my 'go to' list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Paul13 said:

Excellent friendly service and great prices. Only placed a few small orders but can't recommend highly enough.

Can't agree more - had some issues with a recent order but everything was sorted out very speedily and amicably - including a phone call at the conclusion to check all was satisfactory.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Just thought I should give Trackshack a mention for their excellent service. Ordered a Bachmann Colas Class 70 last Thursday about 1pm and arrived on my doorstep 11am Friday Morning in little ole Blighty very well packed and perfect condition. Incredible considering it was shipped from the Isle Of Man.

I've ordered stuff from the Mainland and its taken 3 times a long and looked like it was used as a football!

Thank you very Much Trackshack

Trailrage

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, TRAILRAGE said:

Just thought I should give Trackshack a mention for their excellent service. Ordered a Bachmann Colas Class 70 last Thursday about 1pm and arrived on my doorstep 11am Friday Morning in little ole Blighty very well packed and perfect condition. Incredible considering it was shipped from the Isle Of Man.

I've ordered stuff from the Mainland and its taken 3 times a long and looked like it was used as a football!

Thank you very Much Trackshack

Trailrage

Thank you - that was me you spoke to!  We have very good postal links from here, although our post flies (so we cannot send paint or aerosols) and is thus occasionally delayed due to weather or mechanical issues, generally we manage next working day with first class (there's no second class available from here) post.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Stevelewis said:

I Always  look for  the  little  sticker  applied  by IOM  PO  'Safe  to  Fly':o

Actually applied by us when packing Steve, as the postie will return them if not marked with one unless addressed to an on-island address.  Thousands of the little blighters around here! :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2019 at 08:57, New Haven Neil said:

Actually applied by us when packing Steve, as the postie will return them if not marked with one unless addressed to an on-island address.  Thousands of the little blighters around here! :D

I  always  assumed  that  the  PO  X Rayed  the  parcels  then  stuck on  the  sticker.

The  stickers  have   caused  some  'mirth'  with a  couple  of my  eBay transactions   when  I  have  left  the  sticker  on your  cartons which I have  re used!

• Like 1

I had an order placed on Thursday afternoon arrive yesterday lunchtime - the little blue sticker was not any problem but the over-abundance of 'Track-Shack' branded sticky tape made it impossible to sneak the package past 'er indoors... :triniti:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

On 09/11/2019 at 16:53, Pint of Adnams said:

I had an order placed on Thursday afternoon arrive yesterday lunchtime - the little blue sticker was not any problem but the over-abundance of 'Track-Shack' branded sticky tape made it impossible to sneak the package past 'er indoors... :triniti:

I  was  in  Garden  Railwaying  for  almost   35 years ,  and  I  sometimes  had  a  similar problem  with  the  front  door  customs  check    as  the  G scale  etc  cartons   were  invariably    over  a  metre  long   and  weighed  a lot,  and  sometimes  the  delivery  man  had  to  use  a  truck  if  there   were more  than 2!

These  days it is  so much  easier  with  N  Gauge,  ( although  the  results  are  not  quite  as  exciting:mellow:)

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 16:53, Pint of Adnams said:

Ah, sorry about that - it is also the return address label of course.  John's idea was for something that would be noticed- it certainly is that!  The colours are kind of from the website header, but more than two colours was too expensive.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 09/11/2019 at 16:53, Pint of Adnams said:

the over-abundance of 'Track-Shack' branded sticky tape made it impossible to sneak the package past 'er indoors... :triniti:

On 15/11/2019 at 19:39, Stevelewis said:

I sometimes had a similar problem with the front door customs check as the G scale etc cartons were invariably over a metre long and weighed a lot

I'm afraid that problems of this nature seem to be almost universal - probably whichever supplier you use - whatever your chosen scale - and, quite often, even if you choose a different hobby.

Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but some of us are into really scary stuff - like electronics, for instance. However, despite a lot of electronic components being rather small, this didn't always prevent me from having to run the gauntlet of the "doorstep inquisition".

Sorry, I meant to say say that this would not guarantee an uneventful return home, if there was any risk that I might possibly have been within 50 miles of a well known former chain of electronics themed shops.

Huw.

• Like 3

Not sure what purpose branding a box serves other than giving temptation to light fingers in delivery chain - it would be interesting if a survey did a study of parcels that have been stolen en route and whether plain brown box without senders name and/or logo clearly emblazed on it, whilst accepting a return address should be shown but does need to be indicated, were the less affected.

• Agree 1

On 22/02/2020 at 11:54, Butler Henderson said:

Not sure what purpose branding a box serves other than giving temptation to light fingers in delivery chain - it would be interesting if a survey did a study of parcels that have been stolen en route and whether plain brown box without senders name and/or logo clearly emblazed on it, whilst accepting a return address should be shown but does need to be indicated, were the less affected.

Over  the   years  of  online  purchasing,  I have often advised  suppliers   NOT to add to their return address details  any  clues  as  to  the  contents of the  parcels, this  was  due to my having had  some  parcels  'going  astray  without  trace'  My advice  was taken  by most of  them!  Since  when  the non delivery  rate   has been  Zero  except  for  one parcel  which  fell off a conveyor belt  and  got  hidden  in  the   works underneath!

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick positive endorsement of trackshack. First class retailer, highly recommended. 

I also support my local model shop and will be there on Friday for purchases too.

Both online and local have their place.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Stevelewis said:

Over  the   years  of  online  purchasing,  I have often advised  suppliers   NOT to add to their return address details  any  clues  as  to  the  contents of the  parcels, this  was  due to my having had  some  parcels  'going  astray  without  trace'  My advice  was taken  by most of  them!  Since  when  the non delivery  rate   has been  Zero  except  for  one parcel  which  fell off a conveyor belt  and  got  hidden  in  the   works underneath!

Property name / number and postcode should be adequate whilst being discreet.

• Agree 1

On 22/02/2020 at 15:28, wasabi said:

You should only need to give a building number and postcode for a any 'address', with a little more detail for a multi-occupied building.  The rest does help the postman, but is, strictly speaking, not essential. 

Where  we  live   the  road  is  named  MAYFIELD Drive,  it  has  existed  for  over 50 years ( once  there  was  a  Mayfield farm!)  around 10 years  ago a small development  of  around 20 Homes  was  built around 1/2+ mile  away some  bright  spark decided that  the  Name  of MAYFIELD Mews  would be  fine,  (  our inbound post code, that is  the  last  3 digits and  the Mews  last 3 digits  are totally different), but we often  get misdelivered mail  and  takeways  and Tesco deliveries tendered at our address which  are intended for  the Mews address, I have had items redelivered to me  which initially went  to  the  Mews!

Luckily  none were from  Trackshack

Edited by Stevelewis

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a quick note to let folk know we will be closed all day tomorrow, Thursday 11th June, as a mark of respect to the owner's wife, whose funeral is that day. 

Some of us will of course be attending as we are a close knit bunch, but social distancing rules restrict numbers although they are less strict here than the UK as we have less, currently none, CV19 cases.

• Friendly/supportive 12

• 1 month later...