Track-Shack.com

Kris

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, John, Neil and the team. When I was doing UK G scale John was a superb source of stock and bits and always up for a chat on the phone. The next day delivery was always a delight and a shop and team that will be much missed for friendliness and reliability. 

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish.

And thoughts go out to those employed there who may find it hard on a modest island to secure alternative employment.  A tough decision but, I am sure in the circumstances, the right one.  

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

A real shame; thanks Track-Shack for being a trusted, quick turn round, and extremely competitive retailer over the years.  Good luck and very best wishes to those involved, and sympathies for your tragic loss.

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Cannot believe what has happened. So sorry for the loss, both personal, and to us modellers.

Make the most of retirement, good luck and best wishes for the future.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

How is the I.O.M. Postal service going to survive this?

Seriously,  the fantastic service will be a great miss. 
Best wishes to all of the staff.

• Thanks 1

Really saddened to hear this news on so many fronts. The loss of a partner is terrible and my thoughts are with all the family.

From a modelling perspective Track Shack were outstanding as supplier. The friendliness of everyone was credit to you all. Although they were always competitive on price, the quality of service and speed of delivery was something others should aspire to. How you managed to get product from the Isle of Man to the UK mainland so quickly to ensure next day delivery was a mystery to me.

You should all be very proud of what you achieved in such a short time.

Certainly a loss to the modelling supply chain..... 

• Agree 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Fourteen years? I had no idea......:)

I thought it was much less than that but time passes so quickly once you have retired. Seems like only yesterday I was working, but that was 13 years ago......

Still doesn’t change the sentiment. You were all very good at what you did....:drink_mini:

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Gordon, your (and everyone else's!) kind comments are gratefully received.

You have to remember we started with Garden railways and live steam, so were perhaps not on your radar back then before we moved in to also doing smaller scales.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 04/08/2020 at 08:37, BoD said:

How is the I.O.M. Postal service going to survive this?

Seriously,  the fantastic service will be a great miss. 
Best wishes to all of the staff.

I tried to place orders with Track Shack for various items but they did not post to Ireland.  Shame really.

Very sadded to see this wonderful Isle of Man Manx business devasting announcement. I always try to support non UK businesses when I can so was moved to tears reading the statement so sad to see it cease trading in such tragic circumstance. Track Shack was very good I got a load of BR MK2E Hornby coaches from them as they were always excellent at having in stock what else was sold out to other retailers elsewhere. Their postage was excellent to the UK.

• 4 months later...

I went looking for any sale items today and found my way here, such a shame. I never spent a great amount with any regularity, but they were my first port of call when looking to make a purchase.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Norm81 said:

I went looking for any sale items today and found my way here, such a shame. I never spent a great amount with any regularity, but they were my first port of call when looking to make a purchase.

Interestingly I have just had lunch with John, we wound the company up in official terms permanently on the 23rd of December.  Lack of supplies did for us, thank you for nothing Covid!  if the business is all we lose then it isn't too bad really, things could be so much worse as it has been for many, but we are Covid free on the island now so our lives are pretty much normal.

Thank you for your business in the past!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

As a few folk have called in to the thread to read the post here, I would like to add for those who dealt with John in the past, that he has moved on well and now is in very good form after the sudden and unexpected loss of his wife Anne in March.  Bad things happen in threes, but thankfully he has overcome both the sad loss and the subsequent closing of the business, and the Isle of Man has also overcome Covid.

John is my 'bestie', BTW, not just my ex-boss.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 7