Track-Shack.com

Kris

Track Shack is excellent - friendly and very speedy service. Been using them for a number of orders over the last two years. Living in the Northern Highlands you get used to being told companies who use courier services do not deliver north of Inverness. We are categorised as Highlands and Islands - not mainland, even when items are posted??? However I have challenged a few companies and they changed Sutherland and Caithness to same rate as the rest of the mainland. Nearest model shop is 38 miles away and I try to visit regularly to browse and buy.

• 3 weeks later...

Made a few orders for track over the last year or so - what I would class (financially, at any rate) as reasonable orders. All deliveries have been made in good time to the North of Scotland (Moray), so there's absolutely no complaints from me, only praise for a good service.

• Like 1

Made my first order from Track Shack (based on posts on here) at around 1am yesterday (don’t ask - it was a quiet night shift!!) - and it was here for lunchtime today. I was in no rush, but service like this can’t be faulted!

• Like 2

Guest ShildonShunter

Yes brilliant service always shop at trackshack ordered a new Hornby class71 loco on Thursday and received it Friday. Excellent customer service.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely unbelievable service from Trackshack. Ordered a Loco at 4pm on Monday afternoon and came with the postman the following morning at 11am. That is a 19 hour turnaround! Very well packed too. Never received a loco in a tube before but it seemed to work. Haha.

• Like 1

Yet another fast delivery (my 4th?).  Ordered yesterday here before lunch today.  In fact I think the only time it took another day was when I ordered late in the afternoon.

In  all the  years  of  dealing  with  track  shack,(  My  first  few  orders  were  for   Garden  Railway   locos  & Rolling  stock that  was  long  before  John  started  to  sell 00 & N)

I have  only  had  one  order  which  took longer  than  next  day  to be  delivered,  that  was  when  the  Plane  became  unserviceable!

I am wondering  if  I might  suggest  that  009 ranges  could  be  stocked  but  perhaps  the  volume of  sales  from  that  sector  may not prove it  to be  viable?

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having "stalked" deliveries of R 3540 Southern green H all day on Tuesday....my goodness what a wide variation of both pricing and current availability there is on this model........my patience was finally rewarded near to close of play.One finally appeared very late on,on the website.....one and only one at very best price .I did not hang about.There are none now.Usual swift winging over the water

followed ensuring delivery yesterday morning.Well done and thanks again Neil and colleagues.

A footnote.....prices on this have started off at £84.95 (plus p&p).Rails and Hattons....and others ......are currently asking full rrp of £119.95.My local model shop had two yesterday morning also at that rate.

FYI Trackshack price was £90.90 which included delivery.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Order placed  April 3rd  at  3-15PM   Delivered April 4th  8-00AM

Order was mainly  Farish   items,  1  loco  and  half a  dozen items  of  rolling  stock & a  couple  of  decoders   totalling approx.  £230,  which  beat  the  closest  competition (when  the  FREE shipping is  taken  into  consideration) by around £25!

Now  totally  off topic, for  which  I offer  my apologies!  Re  my  conv  with  Neil  yesterday when  placing order,  the  ship model   I purchased from a  Charity shop yesterday totally  as  an  impulse  buy, was  made  by  Nauticalia  of  London,  Who do  a  surprising range  of  products, The  ship is  a model  of HMS  Victory  listed in their  range   for  £99.99.  I paid  £4.50 for  mine

post-10539-0-74667100-1522856270.jpg

• Like 5

That is indeed a cut above the Airfix one, Steve!

Just managed to get your order out yesterday, one of the busiest days we have ever had.  All staff were flat out to the last moment - a great happy team.

Thanks  Neil

Must  admit  I do not  have  the  slightest  clue  about  ships, it  was  a pure impulse  buy! Although I recall when  i was very  young my Mum  had a  model of  'Nina'  one  of  Columbus' 3  ships  around 30 " long I was  not  allowed  to  even  touch  it!, I often wonder  what  became of  it'

Just  had  the  wonderful  experience of  fitting  headcode  discs to  the  Farish loco,  used my  (un) usual method of  a  bright LED light  and  washing  up  liquid and  the  inevitable  eye strain!

Edited by Stevelewis

• 2 weeks later...

Second time of using TrackShack and as always a fantastic service.

Ordered a new Class 08 TTS DB Schenker loco and some point decoders. Price was excellent on everything and such a quick despatch. Ordered at 11am, and post arrives the same time the following day with my well packaged parcel!

Considering the parcel clearly has to fly across to the mainland, free delivery upgraded to special delivery and a great price, exactly what I want.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Faultless service received from TrackShack this week; placed an order (three Bachmann Branchline wagons) midday Tuesday and was duly delivered early afternoon the following day.

As ever they were very competitively priced – having compared costs at a recent show, TrackShack proved cheaper including P&P!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I read a lot of positives about them and prices are ok!

But it is a pity that they do not ship to mainland Europe :fie:

Please note, this is an observation, not a criticism.

Considering they are marooned on Fraggle Rock, the vast majority of their shipping must to be overseas to Europe.

Perhaps when the Ireland to Spain ferry starts they can throw things on it as it passes!

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Please note, this is an observation, not a criticism.

Considering they are marooned on Fraggle Rock, the vast majority of their shipping must to be overseas to Europe.

Perhaps when the Ireland to Spain ferry starts they can throw things on it as it passes!

Mike.

Overseas to the UK, please!  Our mail flies though, it only goes by the ferry if the Biggles types are out of order or fog bound!

• RMweb Gold

Overseas to the UK, please!  Our mail flies though, it only goes by the ferry if the Biggles types are out of order or fog bound!

Is Britain not in Europe any more?, I knew brexit was causing issues, but I didn't realise how serious it's got!

Mike.