BRISTOL MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 2/05/14 TO 4/05.14

40F

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  I haven't been able to get to this exhibition this year,for various reasons, so wondered if anyone has got any feedback and photo's of the exhibition.

Regards, Ken.

I thought it was quite good this year, I enjoyed it more than the last 2 or 3 years

that is a subjective view, and sorry no photos

cheers

I went along yesterday and really enjoyed it.  A good selection of layouts covering most scales and periods.  My personal favourites (and I stress, personal) were Ringburn Yard, Rhyd-Y-Felin and Burnham-on-Sea.  Trade was good and I managed to part with a few pounds.  All in all, a great day out.

Hi,  I haven't been able to get to this exhibition this year,for various reasons, so wondered if anyone has got any feedback and photo's of the exhibition.

Regards, Ken.

I agree with above poster. My particular favourites were Ringburn Yard ( due to the Railfreight era), Rhydyfelin, Wyandotte Sidings (the only US layout) , Rannoch, Tipham, and Penrhos. An excellent selection of layouts all around. Plenty of 2mm for you too Ken. Trade is always good at this show, could have bought a library of books but didn't! Much better than the last time I went about 3 years ago, and I will certainly be back next year if the standard is as high. No photos though.

Yes, strangely few posts on this excellent show. Most enjoyable day, Ringburn Yard was an excellent little layout, very well modelled. Nice to see Penrhos from the viewing side now it is under new management. Poor chap had been let down by his help not turning up today so was having to operate and sort the fiddle yards at each end on his own, plus had a point failure to deal with. 

Looking forward to next years show.    

• RMweb Gold

Agreed with the last few posts - I went yesterday, layouts were superb and kept me there for a fair few hours in awe of the modelling. I've been to this venue many times, and this was the best show for a while.

Neil

I'd agree with the comments that this was the best Bristol show for a while, probably the best I've been to in the five or six years I've been going. The layouts have covered a wide range of standards in the past but this year they were all of a much better quality.

Archived