7mm King Street Goods

Barnaby

Sorry all I was thinking of my wife when I wrote that and got confused.

The correct spelling for the Iron wagons is mink unless I can get away with it being the plural for more than one wagon as Simon suggests.

I'll not correct my original spelling as it will confuse anyone looking for the error.

Glad you got the necessary ordering information Willy from the man himself, Chris Klein.

Best

Edited by Barnaby

Could easily be the plural!

I have tried to find the appropriate collective noun...  and the one which seems to fit is "flurry" unless the wagons are in Scotland in which case the word is "MacFlurry".

As an alternative for Chris, maybe his thought could be "margin" which leads to a range of wagons thereby forming the Minerva branch train.  Comments in the MInerva products topic rather than here to be polite please.

Edited by Western Star

Oh joy!

Good news my 2 Mink wagons have shipped today so I will be able to stand them on my new baseboards with paper templates tomorrow.

post-1159-0-45284800-1510058722.jpg

Best

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 2

Board 2 sitting on top of Board 1 and showing the full size plan template.

post-1159-0-88197700-1510075465_thumb.jpg

Board 1 fits to the LH end of Board 2 and contains all the industry sidings.

Board 3 sits to the RH end of Board 2 and contains the Fiddle yard behind a view blocker and the head shunt for on view yard shunting.

Boards 2 & 3 are the same width 400mm, Board 1 is 600mm and all 3 are 1200mm long.

It's my 12ft plank.

Regards

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 3

My 2 new Minerva/Ixion Mink wagons arrived this morning as promised.

Fresh out of their boxes.

post-1159-0-91095800-1510144044_thumb.jpg

Behind a Fowler on the new Baseboards template layout.

post-1159-0-04672700-1510144160_thumb.jpg

One of them made a clunking noise???

post-1159-0-08054000-1510144233_thumb.jpg

the weight inside had popped off.
To get the roof off just gently squeeze the sides and lift it off.
If you look closely you will see the weight has 2 holes, they locate over the spigots on the wagon centre line. Then there are 4 lugs 2 at each side which clip over the top of the weight. I added a little copydex too but I don't think it is necessary.
The roof just simply clips back on via it's protrusions on its underside.
Place the roof as shown then position the wagon over it and gently press down rocking the wagon a little with the curve of the roof and you will hear it click-click into place.

That's it, job done, all secured 10 mins in total.

Best

• Like 9

Yes Dave the free version does all that you see above.  The free one will limit you to 50 pieces of track but for my "plank layout plans" it's always been more than enough.

https://www.anyrail.com/en/download

I thought it looked familiar.  I love Anyrail in that it is a very easy to understand and use package.  In a way playing with Anyrail has almost become a hobby in itself.  lol  I have not yet printed out a full size plan, but looking at your pic has convinced me to go out and buy a printer.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Some update news on the loco front.

I have a Class 20 JLTRT kit  buried under several layers of dust in my workshop that I am keen to get built for my new layout.

Here is the begin build for the Class 20 probably going to be D 8059.  Sandy is doing the build of this dusty boxed but untouched JLTRT Class 20 as a favour, thank you very much Sandy.

post-1159-0-04181100-1511303636.jpg

And D8059.

post-1159-0-02540800-1511303736_thumb.jpg

Some paint shop notes.

This is D 8059 but D 8188, D 8087 may be suitable too.

Colour Scheme for D 8059    

CAB, CAB ROOF, SIDE COVERS & SOLE PLATE SIDE is GREEN.

ROOF from just in front of CAB to NOSE TIP & down each side to “side cover top” is GREY.

BUFFER BEAM is RED/CRIMSON.

Each END from just above buffer beam is a ½ panel in YELLOW.

From under SOLE PLATE & BOGIES is BLACK.

WHEELS are WHITE edged.

AXLE BOX ENDS are YELLOW.

Best

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 8

A little more classy Build progress by Sandy>>>

post-1159-0-84961700-1511527933_thumb.jpg

The cab interior has been painted now too.

*** Not sure what the best way going forward with my new layout build is.  Should I change the title here to reflect the ongoing builds or start anew with another topic title.  Both seem to have occurred on here.

Initially I was going for the latter but I think with some page content on the first page as to what is where and  keeping all my railway comments here might be better. 

Not sure what changing the title will do to anyone following the original posts, will they get dropped?

I'll have a play and see but any advice will be gratefully received.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Not much been happening lately due to 3 weeks of flu

Wandered up to my Model hut today for a little play and ordered some Buckets & Tool boxes from Minerva Models.

https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/product-category/accessories/

Class 20 is Finished but waiting for its DCC chip to arrive hopefully this week.

Slowly easing myself back into 0 gauge fun.

Best

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Power and sound dcc chip delivered to Sandy for its installation and testing before allowing the Class 20 out of the workshop.

post-1159-0-00463600-1518882730.jpg  Awaiting to become alive.

Best

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 6

I took delivery today of my new build Class 20 JLTRT from Sandy.

I hope to have a DCC play tomorrow.

Sad also to read today that JLTRT are to close down, that's a huge loss to the 0 gauge community.  :no:  :no:  :no:

I do hope that PW will endeavour to bring some similar models to the market place as I for one will support him.

Regards

Had a play with my Class 20 today.  After some mix up in adding my 2nd DCC loco to my LENZ system all is well.

I must say Sandy has done a great job of the build and DCC + sound install, many thanks friend.  I'd had this 20 sitting on the workshop shelf just gathering dust but now it is A L I V E..

CME: The gearbox came with the kit and was a Slaters' product.

This new arrival has made my day.

post-1159-0-81165500-1519563575_thumb.jpg

• Like 8