7mm King Street Goods

Barnaby

Cheers Pete.

I've had 18 months of starting on this so far got the boards built but faffed about tweaking the layout plan, but I'm there now.

Here's the now stage.>>>  + PLAN

post-1159-0-28013900-1397164222_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-35450000-1409179770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 4

Cheers Alan, I'm hoping that by going "public" I'll encourage myself to spend more time working on it.  Screwed the 4f loco & tender frames together this afternoon, lovely pieces of work, all clean mill cuts & drill holes..

Must get in touch with Slaters to order the wheel sets now.

Regards

Edited by Barnaby

Cheers Alan, I'm hoping that by going "public" I'll encourage myself to spend more time working on it.  Screwed the 4f loco & tender frames together this afternoon, lovely pieces of work, all clean mill cuts & drill holes..

Must get in touch with Slaters to order the wheel sets now.

Regards

Barnaby,

Don't let this public account put pressure on you. I used to worry when Cwm Bach slipped onto page 2 of the forum listing and then I remembered that this a hobby for fun and enjoyment, not the TOTP charts. Now, I really must solder the track feed wires to the bus bars on Cwm Bach today.

Regards,

Chris

Yes very true Chris but what I meant there was that I feel I have spent a disproportionate amount of time in the planning stage.

I needed to confirm the plan and start the track lay. It is a hobby and planning is part of it but now I want to play too.

no offence but very irreverent.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hernia op getting better but still not able to crouch down as the constant up down twinges a bit still.  Started on making all the droppers ready for when I can get under but at least I can solder them in place once the track is all stuck in place on a bed of copydex.

A Beautiful Green Ixion Fowler got paid for today, I'm looking forward to receiving it and dreaming of its work shifts on King Street Goods.  Still not totally sure about that layout name, something to still ponder, street, lane, road.

I Managed to cut the lawn today so that's progress too.

Onwards :sungum: 

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1

Hi Barnaby.

Am enjoying your thread and am looking forward to seeing how you progress. For what its worth Ramchester has taken two of us about 5 years to get it something like complete (see current GOG Gazette). Well it looks compete to the average onlooker but we all know that a model railway is never finished. However "it is better to travel hopefully than to arrive" or some such notion so enjoy each minute of your layouts construction and take pleasure in the activity it is/will provide. Every great journey begins with a single step and each one you take brings you nearer to the day it is "finished"

So relax and enjoy.

Railwayrod

Today the Royal Mail Parcel Service called.  :O  :locomotive: Thanks Chris

Enjoy Barnaby. At the recent Railex exhibition I was next to Dragon Models stand and the proprietor lent me an Ixion loco to try on Factory Lane Sidings for a little while. It ran very smoothly and I was impressed with the quality.

Thanks for your comments Gents but you know me slowly slowly buildy layouty.

MMMMnnnnn   I like it, test drive/run in tomorrow as my wife is out all day at a music festival.

Sneak peek just to ease my desire.  

post-1159-0-85993700-1402078794.jpg

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 4

I'm wiring up a length of Peco track to test drive my Fowler.

Earlier today I made contact with Paul of EDM to check out having DCC & sound added.   He said that he liked to get hold of the models before they had too much work done to them and also he would put mine on his running road to get it run in and confirm all is running smooth before he starts chipping it.  As I don't have a running road that will be very helpful.

I also asked if he would paint the rods and wheels which he said would be no problem for him to do.

So I'll be down to the Post Office early next week to get it shipped out for this upgrade.

Regards

I'm wiring up a length of Peco track to test drive my Fowler.

Earlier today I made contact with Paul of EDM to check out having DCC & sound added.   He said that he liked to get hold of the models before they had too much work done to them and also he would put mine on his running road to get it run in and confirm all is running smooth before he starts chipping it.  As I don't have a running road that will be very helpful.

I also asked if he would paint the rods and wheels which he said would be no problem for him to do.

So I'll be down to the Post Office early next week to get it shipped out for this upgrade.

Regards

The EDM sound chip is superb. I hope you are the patient sort as the loco's top speed is governed to about 12 mph.

Spent some time yesterday and today checking through my scenic bits into built, un-built, painted and un-painted groupings and being very surprised how many bits I have.  Acrylic to clean,  Halford grey primer to spray, various paints to apply then weathering tweaks to add.   Haven't stopped sneezing today after I colour coded my powders into lidded shake jars. These were given to me by my wife who works at a private school in the nursery and they used these jars for sparkle and glitter products but have now become surplus to requirements.   I'll add a pic later.   post-1159-0-55791500-1402780160.jpg

Gave the grandkids a demo today of my 85A Hunslet which is still a real smooth operator if only on DC.   My Fowler has been shipped out to EDM for DCC & Sound upgrade work.

Regards

Edited by Barnaby

Spent some time yesterday and today checking through my scenic bits into built, un-built, painted and un-painted groupings and being very surprised how many bits I have.  Acrylic to clean,  Halford grey primer to spray, various paints to apply then weathering tweaks to add.   Haven't stopped sneezing today after I colour coded my powders into lidded shake jars. These were given to me by my wife who works at a private school in the nursery and they used these jars for sparkle and glitter products but have now become surplus to requirements.   I'll add a pic later.   attachicon.gifshake jars.jpg

Gave the grandkids a demo today of my 85A Hunslet which is still a real smooth operator if only on DC.   My Fowler has been shipped out to EDM for DCC & Sound upgrade work.

Regards

I frequently annoy myself by buying some super looking item only to return home and discover that I had already bought one some time before and had forgotten that I had done so.