Skaleby West

andyram

I retract !   :scratchhead:  :scratchhead: 

Didn't know that the Waggon- und Maschinenbau Donauwörth GmbH ever manufactured such a thing.

Well, it stopped after just five items...

To explain my ignorance: in Germany we are used to the red Schienenbus (literally: Rail-bus) of which nearly 1500 were under way here.   :imsohappy:   :imsohappy:  :imsohappy: 

Regards

Armin

I retract !   :scratchhead:  :scratchhead: 

Didn't know that the Waggon- und Maschinenbau Donauwörth GmbH ever manufactured such a thing.

Well, it stopped after just five items...

To explain my ignorance: in Germany we are used to the red Schienenbus (literally: Rail-bus) of which nearly 1500 were under way here.   :imsohappy:   :imsohappy:  :imsohappy: 

Regards

Armin

I must admit I am not a fan of diesel traction, and would be disappointed if this was in service on a preserved line. But it is a cracking model.

A quiet Sunday at Skaleby West. The railbus has arrived and departed with a passenger train leaving a chance for the Peckett to venture into the platform. Brake van rides available whilst track maintenance takes place.post-13478-0-92195400-1485089491_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

That's a nicely composed picture Andy, very nice indeed mate.

Thanks Andy. I do like the river extension board. It is not finished yet, but does make an attractive scene. I am enjoying running the layout at home at the moment. Whether it ventures out to any further shows remains to be seen. I am quite keen to get a real start on Skaleby Quay. It does depend on free time at present.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest news from Skaleby West

It looks like the layout's planned outing next month is off, but I am hoping to confirm a show booking for later this year. It is possible Skaleby West could be out twice in two months towards the end of the year. That should give me plenty of time to complete the necessary repairs.

Tonight the layout was disconnected from the fiddle yard and moved into store in order to make way for the building of Skaleby Quay. The newly completed baseboards have been put in its place. In its current stored location I can still work on Skaleby West in order to prepare it for the next show. More updates soon.

• Like 2

The time in store did not last long. A spell of sorting out in the spare bedroom and a little bit of shuffling around resulted in Skaleby West becoming operational again. Moved to the other side of the room and turned 180 degrees, the layout has had the extension board removed. However a connection has been made to the baseboards for the Skaleby Quay layout. Now trains can run from the Skaleby Quay board, around the corner and onto Skaleby West. It almost forms a mini terminus to terminus branch!

Here is a general shot from one end. The track now curves towards Skaleby Quay by the goods shed instead of crossing the river bridge.

post-13478-0-13913700-1487268907_thumb.jpeg

Hopefully I can post exhibition details soon.

• Like 2

Skaleby West has been invited to attend an exhibition at Darnell, Sheffield on 7th October 2017.

The organiser has requested the layout attend in original form with the main 4ft X 1ft scenic section and one fiddle yard. I wonder where I put the original side panel!

• Like 2

Skaleby West has been invited to attend an exhibition at Darnell, Sheffield on 7th October 2017.

The organiser has requested the layout attend in original form with the main 4ft X 1ft scenic section and one fiddle yard. I wonder where I put the original side panel!

Hi Andy, Good to see your Layouts are getting out and about mate, I did enjoy exhibiting and now really miss it.

Pity you couldn't make it to the GCR today, Jeff Howard, John Bottomly and myself attended for a Full English at Loughborough to start the day off, (courtesy of Jeff) and then went on to Quorn, there are a couple of pics on my North Kingsford Thread.

Hi Andy, Good to see your Layouts are getting out and about mate, I did enjoy exhibiting and now really miss it.

Pity you couldn't make it to the GCR today, Jeff Howard, John Bottomly and myself attended for a Full English at Loughborough to start the day off, (courtesy of Jeff) and then went on to Quorn, there are a couple of pics on my North Kingsford Thread.

Thanks Andy. It was nice to get an invite although I am pretty sure it is because the organiser is short of layouts again. I will need to do some tidying up to the layout before then and, since they only want the one board, I will need to see if I can refix the old side screen.

It is a shame I did not make the GC today. I will check out the pics on your threads. I do like the all day breakfasts there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A busy and difficult working situation has kept me away from modelling recently. However, with the October show booking in mind, I have started to turn my attention back towards Skaleby West. The show organiser wants the layout in original form, minus the extension piece. This means that the old side screen will need to be refitted in order to hide the fiddle yard. Thankfully I did not throw it away when I made the alterations. It was located in the modelling cupboard, liberated from store and test fitted to the layout. It all seems to go together ok. Just some tidying up needed.

post-13478-0-25224100-1495874742_thumb.jpeg

On examining the layout it appears that one of our cats has paid a visit. One of the station benches has come loose and will need repairing.

• Like 1

A busy and difficult working situation has kept me away from modelling recently. However, with the October show booking in mind, I have started to turn my attention back towards Skaleby West. The show organiser wants the layout in original form, minus the extension piece. This means that the old side screen will need to be refitted in order to hide the fiddle yard. Thankfully I did not throw it away when I made the alterations. It was located in the modelling cupboard, liberated from store and test fitted to the layout. It all seems to go together ok. Just some tidying up needed.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

On examining the layout it appears that one of our cats has paid a visit. One of the station benches has come loose and will need repairing.

Looking good Andy, which Sow are you booked for?

That's a pig of a question, Andy. ;-)

Is your show on this year Andyram?

I cannot say whether the show will be on this year yet. The date has been set, but there are a few things to sort out first. I hope to make an announcement one way or the other within the next two weeks.