11x1 Layout

toni

Hi iam Tony from Birmingham

The space i have for my first layout in oo gauge is 11x1,but i'am stuck for ideas and a plan. A depot or some kind of TMD would be great could you guys give me some help.

The stock i have a the moment is

class 37s

class 20s

clas25s

and some coal wagons.

your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

You could try this site for some ideas: http://www.freetrackplans.com/Layout-Plans.php

With a bit of ingenuity you could take, for example, the 6x1 Diesel Depot and 6x1 Wagon Works and combine them into a really interesting 11x1 layout.

Looking forward to seeing something take shape!

David

Thanks for the reply's, I've had another look at the space that I have for this layout and I maybe able to push it to 2ft wide.

It's early days yet and iam still looking at plans.

Thanks again for the help

Tony

Hi Tony

No matter how small our intended plans are to start with, we always want more. Sometimes small is best, especially if you are just starting out. It may be worth looking at micro layouts for inspiration too. Will the sizes you quoted be for the scenic area or include one (or two) fiddle yards? Doubling the area might seem like a good idea until you have to decide how to fill it. There are so many plans on the net and in mags it can be daunting. Start by deciding what kind of layout you will get most fun out of.

Good luck

Nigel

Archived