Legomanbiffo World Tour

charliepetty

Hey, don't knock it; those youngsters are the future of our hobby and there are precious few of them about. The conversation this afternoon was regarding the age profile of the hobby and its future. It doesn't bode well.

On a more positive note, new 'toilet flush' feature on our Leyland DMU (an entirely accurate recording as always) has been the subject of much amusement with the younger viewers. I only added it as a tongue-in-cheek feature for comic effect but it has become quite a talking point. I was surprised to learn recently from someone in the know that all units up to and including 158's still discharge waste onto the track!

• RMweb Gold

Yep a few have had retention tanks retrofitted and the 159's had them from new.

I think the risk at a show is a sudden urge to use the real loo! ;)

Will you have a 8 and 21pin chips available at DEMU or best to drop you a pm first? Need to check a 37 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Its Burton on Trent DEMU Show, we are in the Town Hall.

NEW products are:  

Class 37/9 Ruston,  Class 143 Arriva Trains Wales with 16 selectable destinations, Class 143 First Great Western with 16 Selectable destinations AND the APTe. (In Person) and a 8F ?

See you all there.  Ian & Charlie

Is this 8F for loksound and where can I find some details on it?

I have an 8F with sound from Olivias ($h!te) that I would like re-blown

Many thanks,

Nathan

Early days on the Steam Projects, these will be marketed on the 'Locoman' banner as Ian is not involved with them apart from keeping saying 'it very good!'

We are prototyping these at the moment with the 8F being first, WHY.  'Because I like them!!!! ' 

We now have the recordings for the following Classes:  Stanier 8F, Stanier Black 5, King , 9F, Britannia, Standard 4, WD 2-8-0, Hall, Castle, Unrebuilt West Country, Rebuilt West Country, A1, B1, J15 GWR 2-8-0, Crab, Standard 4, Standard 5, BR 4MT Tank.

Recording sessions are currently booked for many more, we are investing over £10,000 into this, over half of this on the BBC sound quality equipment. It will be worth the wait. 

We are not in a position yet to do or sell anything, the art of the sound game is to adopt our current policy of 'Do it well & Get in right'  Quality is our game!   Anyone can do 'Repetitive Chuffs?

Charlie

Well I for one can't wait and wish you the best in this - let me know when they're ready!

I had a good chat with the guy on the footplate and he seemed really paionate about getting these 'right'.

• RMweb Premium

Anyone can do 'Repetitive Chuffs?

Charlie

And if anyone can chuff repeatedly, it's Charlie................

Cheers,

Mick

p.s. It's your round again in Perth.

Many thanks,

Nathan

Try reblowing with a SWD UDrive 8F - you won't be disappointed. FSB

>>>>>Early days on the Steam Projects, these will be marketed on the 'Locoman' banner as Ian is not involved with them apart from keeping saying 'it very good!'

We are prototyping these at the moment with the 8F being first, WHY.  'Because I like them!!!! ' 

We now have the recordings for the following Classes:  Stanier 8F, Stanier Black 5, King , 9F, Britannia, Standard 4, WD 2-8-0, Hall, Castle, Unrebuilt West Country, Rebuilt West Country, A1, B1, J15 GWR 2-8-0, Crab, Standard 4, Standard 5, BR 4MT Tank.

Recording sessions are currently booked for many more, we are investing over £10,000 into this, over half of this on the BBC sound quality equipment. It will be worth the wait. 

We are not in a position yet to do or sell anything, the art of the sound game is to adopt our current policy of 'Do it well & Get in right'  Quality is our game!   Anyone can do 'Repetitive Chuffs?

Charlie<<<<<

Well personally may I say not before time.  Authenticity of steam DCC sounds have lagged well behind the quality of current diesels for some time. I have only dipped my toe into DCC sound once with an A4 and I was so peed off with it  I have not bought any since.

I have been very impressed with the absolute quality of what comes out from the Legobiffoman stable particularly that for the Heljan Deltic so will follow with particular interest this latest announcement regarding future steam releases hopefully an A4 will be added in time

Regards

Bob

Just a thought on your steam files, with the WD saddletank being the largest surviving class in the UK, and the new DJM version being due in about 6 months and having a speaker enclosure, might it be a good one to add to the list if it isn't there already?

If I remember correctly after all these years the flowerpot chimneys sounded quite different to the rest, as did the only Geisl I saw at work but there was very little difference between the others I misspent a lot of my youth drooling over...

Les

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks,

Nathan

Was this answered?

I too have some loksound fitted locos requiring re blows inc. 8F and some of the other types mentioned above.

Where can more information be found?

TIA

• RMweb Gold

Was this answered?

I too have some loksound fitted locos requiring re blows inc. 8F and some of the other types mentioned above.

Where can more information be found?

TIA

Hi Igor,

Most of the steam stuff is listed on the DC Kits website?

http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/shop/dcc_digital_loco_sounds/steam_locomotive_digital_sounds_includes_the_all_new_xl_v4_decoder_/index-2.php

The 8F isn't listed but is available - heard it at Perth Exhibition just a week ago.

Really does sound good with the big bass reflex speaker.....

Thanks

Hi Igor,

The 8F isn't listed but is available - heard it at Perth Exhibition just a week ago.

Thanks

Thanks Phil H.

Got all that, but Nathan and I were asking: Is it for loksound? and are there reblows available?

All the sounds on the Website are currently South West Digital projects, re-blows on these are available from South West Digital, the Legomanbiffo Diesel & Electric sounds are available for re-blows on the website.  We are developing a range of 'Superior' Steam sounds, the 8F mentioned is the Test Bed for these, this 8F project though very good is far from finished as our aim is to be the best, not just another steam sound, with this in mind we are investing over £6000.00 in equipment and recording fee's to 'Get it Right'. We currently have recorded over 30 Steam locomotives with other recording sessions booked, a J94 is lined up along A1 Tornado (Again).  All our projects when finished will be available on ESU but we have no launch dates yet.    Charlie

• Like 1

Guest 40-something

Hi Igor,

http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/shop/dcc_digital_loco_sounds/steam_locomotive_digital_sounds_includes_the_all_new_xl_v4_decoder_/index-2.php

Thanks

I heard the 8F at Perth too, couldnt believe the quality and depth of sound.  If thats it not finished then it'll only sound even better!

Best steam sound I've heard by far

No connection etc etc etc

• RMweb Premium

I heard the 8F at Perth too, couldnt believe the quality and depth of sound.  If thats it not finished then it'll only sound even better!

Best steam sound I've heard by far

No connection etc etc etc

Had a good play with the 8F earlier today, whilst talking to the developer of the project for Charlie. There's a few bits to iron out, but the man is on the case....................... I look forward to version two.

Compared to another "8F" sound project from another supplier - with identical speaker, so as good a comparison as you can get -  despite being a "work in progress", it was far superior.

I await the return of 48151 to the mainline and I'll certainly be on my way to Charlie's stand with cash in hand.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest G567281

Thanks Phil H.

Got all that, but Nathan and I were asking: Is it for loksound? and are there reblows available?

Howes of Oxford do a nice 8f on Loksound

Regards

Alan