Legomanbiffo World Tour

charliepetty

What happened to Steve Brammer? Tried to PM him but nothing.

Cheers,

Bruce 

Steve's taking some time out.

If you are looking at having something doing then contact Charlie or Richard Croft (above)

Wiggy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The World Tour continues:  This weekend at Spalding, then in two weeks at Wakefield.    See you there.  Charlie

Would you update us with your future show dates after Warley please?  I was hoping to see you at BRM Peterborough but I understand you are not attending this year.

Many thanks.

Would you update us with your future show dates after Warley please?  I was hoping to see you at BRM Peterborough but I understand you are not attending this year.

Many thanks.

Our Next and last show this year is Manchester:

Followed in 2019 by:  JAN: Stevenage- Dartford  FEB: Stafford - BRM Doncaster - Glasgow  MARCH: Preston - Jarrow .

PPS Peterborough was very expensive for little gain sadly, we were at Spalding the other week!    Please note our website is available with over 22 decoders sent out this week.   Try it.   Charlie

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Happy Christmas to everyone and thank you for your support.   Ian & Charlie

The season starts this weekend, with Erith Show (Dartford) & Southampton this weekend.  Followed by the brilliant Stafford show then  BRM Doncaster.

See you all there!!!

PPS Glasgow is coming too, the UKs second biggest show after the NEC Birmingham.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Charlie/Ian/Richard,

Recently I was watching a YouTube video of your Hornby Class 56 which I think Richard had fitted it with an EM2 speaker facing upwards and a Zimo Single Dumbo Speaker in the tanks. It advised it was the best sounding class 56 and you had to hear it on the stand.

As I will be going to BRM Doncaster this Sunday, is it possible that you could bring this along to the show along with a sound fitted Class 42 Warship please?

I would be interested in hearing what these sound like as before having them put on a suitable O Gauge Chip.

The one for the Class 56 would be for a DJH/PRMRP Kit and the Class 42 Warship is for the current Heljan model.

Many Thanks In Advance,

John Arnold

Thank you for your reply Richard.

Just a bit confused as there is an O Gauge Class 42 (DCC) showing on the website but not a Legoman sound recording. As I am not expecting the O Gauge models to be with the guys until then Doncaster O Gauge show. I wanted to see what the sounded like in person as hearing it on a laptop/PC doesn't give a good representation of how good a recording is as I am sure you are aware.

If I can hear the 00 Gauge version then I can get a rough idea and I am aware any files available for the 00 gauge chips can be transferred for the O Gauge. Although at some point I am sure Legonman will be out at some point to record new versions of these engines.

John

8 hours ago, HullCityB17 said:

Thank you for your reply Richard.

Just a bit confused as there is an O Gauge Class 42 (DCC) showing on the website but not a Legoman sound recording. As I am not expecting the O Gauge models to be with the guys until then Doncaster O Gauge show. I wanted to see what the sounded like in person as hearing it on a laptop/PC doesn't give a good representation of how good a recording is as I am sure you are aware.

If I can hear the 00 Gauge version then I can get a rough idea and I am aware any files available for the 00 gauge chips can be transferred for the O Gauge. Although at some point I am sure Legonman will be out at some point to record new versions of these engines.

John

The one on the Website is from Brian (who works with Howes)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

No problems.  I am running a bit behind at the momrmt, so busy.   130 decoders sent out in 10 days, 300+ Class 156s, tested, sound fitted & tested + over 120 other mailorder items to0, pluse deliveries to Rails & Hattons.  'That's my excuse'    Charlie

Dont forget if using the new V5 decoders to build up and seal the plastic enclosures, when fully assembled with the speaker, I smooth over with my finger a film of PVA glue, this will seal 'any' leaking of the airtight sound chamber.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 30/06/2019 at 09:37, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Great to get a decent chat with Biff at Perth yesterday and especially hear the 170- just amazing. I’m now reviewing plans to see if I “need” one! Also to get some banter with him and Charlie about the state of the A/C on the real 170s. 

Cheers guys

Nice to see you.   Ian & Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

St Andrews (August) , Guildex Telford & The N Gauge Show, Leamington Spa (September) then Great Electric Train Show, Milton Keynes (October)

Our Mailorder service is still available and all those with a Lok-Programmer the Online Reblow service for ESU is a super quick we of doing them at home.  The programmers are only £130.00.

Ian & Charlie

On 24/07/2019 at 08:01, LNERandBR said:

Charlie, I have two questions for you. Are you still reblowing V4 decoders and are you still offering the trade in for older decoder versions?

We are still reblowing V3.5, V4 and V5 Decoders, but we are not trading in Version 3.5's as no one wants them anymore.  Charlie

• Thanks 1

Hi Charlie,

what's happened to the "online reblow" service? I've seen mention of it on here & people being sent sound files, but all the items I can see on your site headed with that then say send in the decoder as the next paragraph??

eg. https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=84&search=reblow&page=2

2 hours ago, RobjUK said:

Hi Charlie,

what's happened to the "online reblow" service? I've seen mention of it on here & people being sent sound files, but all the items I can see on your site headed with that then say send in the decoder as the next paragraph??

eg. https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=84&search=reblow&page=2

I think you are looking in the wrong place.

Try this link.

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=210&search=reblow

22 hours ago, wiggy1 said:

I think you are looking in the wrong place.

Try this link.

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=210&search=reblow

That of course is the one item I did not look at - it's wheeltappers sound not legomanbiffo.

Every other one has this:

Our Online Reblow service is very simple, select the item you wish to have your current ESU sound decoder 'Re-Blown' to, from the listings below then click and order:

NEXT: You package up your 'Working' V4 decoder in a Jiffy bag, NOT A PLAIN ENVELOPE. 

which is not an "online" service, exactly, unless someone pasted the wrong bit of text in...

51 minutes ago, RobjUK said:

That of course is the one item I did not look at - it's wheeltappers sound not legomanbiffo.

Every other one has this:

which is not an "online" service, exactly, unless someone pasted the wrong bit of text in...

Yea, all the diesels don't have that wording in.

If thats what you want just give Charlie a call with your serial number (and your payment) and he will send you the locked file.

Simples!

Wiggy.

On 27/07/2019 at 13:10, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Once again, top service from Charlie. Just love this tank enclosure for the 27. First coat of primer on before work. 

Unfortunately I'll miss the next stage of the world tour due to work- would love to had made it to St Andrews.

fullsizeoutput_618.jpeg

St Andrews show has the 'ALL NEW' St Andrews & Guard Bridge layout from the club.   Honestly is a cracker and in N Gauge allows it to be expanded to cover this much missed line.

Charlie

PPS The aboce tank is the one you e.mailed me about!!

• 2 months later...