Legomanbiffo World Tour

charliepetty

Now we are off to BRM Peterborough this weekend, see you there.  Free bus from the station I was told!   Show & Spotting at the station.   Good Eh!!!!!!!!!!!!

First bus from the station is 08.30 then every 30 minutes which is a bit strange considering you can't get in until 09.30 if pre booked and 10.00 otherwise, hope its not raining.

Wiggy.

Hi Charlie,

Can I put a request in please, Really want to hear the LMS 10000 sound file, is it possible to have a loco running with it at the Hartlepool show??

Also, How's things going with the EM speakers,

Thanks Craig.

Hi Charlie,

Can I put a request in please, Really want to hear the LMS 10000 sound file, is it possible to have a loco running with it at the Hartlepool show??

Also, How's things going with the EM speakers,

Thanks Craig.

Will see what I can do re the LMS10000     Charlie

YES Hartlepool over and thanks to all who praised our Earth Mover fitted Hornby HST & the flabbergasted crowd watching the 0 Gauge 37!!!!!!!!!  Thank You.

NOW its on to Leeds Show at the 'Posh' Grammar School &Harrogate Road' with the world best restaurant.  Superb Breakfast booked for Saturday & Sunday.

This is an enjoyable show for me as we all have 'Leeds' accents, and the insults are genuine.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Charlie

I will be popping up to the Warley show on Saturday and wondered if it would be possible to have a couple of locos reblown whilst at the show? 

The two in question are a Bachmann Deltic which I believe has a LS V3.5 decoder and a Class 20 with a LS V4 decoder.  

If so is it better to bring the locos or just the chips?

Thanks

Brian

Shouldn't that be "looking forward to not hearing Charlie at Warley"?

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Your Digital Staff for the Weekend on the Stand are Steve (Sound Engineer) with bad jokes, and Biff (Sound Genius) who dos'nt smile!!!!

I am doing my general all round bit:  Books,  DVDs,  Realtrack's New Class 1**, C=Rail Intermodal * Legomanbiffo.

Charlie

• Like 1

We have really good stuff for you to see and hear at Warley this year. These are just the bits I can remember;

Dapol 08 fitted with an EM3 speaker, completely updated project with new engine sounds and great traction motor sounds. Multiple configuration options (wooden or metal doors, choice of two different whistles or an air horn) etc

DJM 71 decorated sample with comprehensive sound project including pantograph operation

The tamper, totally transformed with an EM2 speaker. Now the Earth really does move

EM speaker fitted Peak, 25, 26, 27, 33 , 37, 40, HST, Deltic. Bass and clarity you wouldn't have thought possible in 4mm

ESU v4 / EM2 fitted SLW 24. Judge for yourself

All-new Class 25 project recorded at the Spa Valley Railway

Matched pair of DRS 37's on the flasks

Updated Leyland DMU project with new multistart options (user-controlled two-engine starts, easily selected additional starts for 'power-twins' following customer requests)

Janus shunter sounds (in a demo 03)

First Great Western 150 with Cornish announcements by Andrew Keast of Kernow!

Heljan O gauge 20, 25, Hymek, 37 (with EM3), 40, Western, Deltic, all with high quality speaker fits

Hornby Pendolino to demonstrate the Revolution Trains sounds including new announcements

Sound-fitted Dapol MRA wagon!

Drivelock on all diesel locos

New easier to operate 'auto-buffering' feature

Updated 86 with handbrake, exhausters, automatic three-step rheostatic braking fans etc etc, updated following a full recording session

New and improved acceleration and deceleration sound sequences on all electric locos and units

Oh, and did I mention the East Midlands Trains HST with EM2 speakers and brand new Paxman VP185 engine sounds?! Another 'first' as far as I'm aware

Very much looking forward to catching up with friends old and new.

Bif

• Like 3

We have really good stuff for you to see and hear at Warley this year. These are just the bits I can remember;

Dapol 08 fitted with an EM3 speaker, completely updated project with new engine sounds and great traction motor sounds. Multiple configuration options (wooden or metal doors, choice of two different whistles or an air horn) etc

DJM 71 decorated sample with comprehensive sound project including pantograph operation

The tamper, totally transformed with an EM2 speaker. Now the Earth really does move

EM speaker fitted Peak, 25, 26, 27, 33 , 37, 40, HST, Deltic. Bass and clarity you wouldn't have thought possible in 4mm

ESU v4 / EM2 fitted SLW 24. Judge for yourself

All-new Class 25 project recorded at the Spa Valley Railway

Matched pair of DRS 37's on the flasks

Updated Leyland DMU project with new multistart options (user-controlled two-engine starts, easily selected additional starts for 'power-twins' following customer requests)

Janus shunter sounds (in a demo 03)

First Great Western 150 with Cornish announcements by Andrew Keast of Kernow!

Heljan O gauge 20, 25, Hymek, 37 (with EM3), 40, Western, Deltic, all with high quality speaker fits

Hornby Pendolino to demonstrate the Revolution Trains sounds including new announcements

Sound-fitted Dapol MRA wagon!

Drivelock on all diesel locos

New easier to operate 'auto-buffering' feature

Updated 86 with handbrake, exhausters, automatic three-step rheostatic braking fans etc etc, updated following a full recording session

New and improved acceleration and deceleration sound sequences on all electric locos and units

Oh, and did I mention the East Midlands Trains HST with EM2 speakers and brand new Paxman VP185 engine sounds?! Another 'first' as far as I'm aware

Very much looking forward to catching up with friends old and new.

Bif

Well,    That was a busy weekend at the NEC !!!.  Many thanks to all the people we met, and thank you for your continued support.  Ian & Charlie

• 2 months later...

Answering for Bif (maybe out of turn!), you can read your decoder on the LokProgrammer to get the details - the most important ones are the version number and the serial number. Bif can supply the sounds locked to that serial number, which means you can reblow it as many times as you like, but only to the correct decoder.

This can have its uses as you could possibly order two different sound sets both locked to the same decoder, and reblow it every time you want the alternative sound set.

Even with only one sound project for a decoder, the facility is particularly useful for those of us living overseas, where we don't have to worry about sending an expensive and delicate decoder through the post, also saving on postal and insurance costs, and avoiding the possibility of losing it altogether.

I read above you are now able to send your sound projects for use on the lokprogrammer. Is this a single use write? I have 2 37s and 1 has a Howes and the other had a 37/0 but changed locos and now require it to be a 37/4. Also, how much for this? Cheers

SR Man is spot on with his comments, the website shows the 'Reblows' which include postage (for return of decoders sent) ANY online reblow of course will not have the listed postage charged, this is deducted on despatch of the 'Sound File' by E.Mail.

Hope this is all clear now.     Charlie.

WORLD TOUR:     Stafford this weekend & BRM Doncaster next weekend.    See you all there.    

E mailing the sound file route works a treat. I'm on my 4th one.

As SR man says you need the decoder serial number.

If you are feeling nervous doing this for the first time as I was, Bif does a handy guide on how to upload the file with the lokprogrammer.

• Like 1

I use the service myself, Brilliant and so easy, need to order more but due to time and work haven't touched anything model railway related.

If you are unsure about using the Lokprogrammer the best thing I done was to download a sound file off the ESU website, these are free and unlocked so can be used on any Loksound decoder as long as you match the correct version (V4 sound file for a V4 decoder).

These aren't British sounds, few on there though, but you can experiment with them and fine tune your Lokprogrammer skills, I had a 37 running an EMD 16 cylinder for testing before it got Bifs soundfile. Apart from turning the volume down a little, setting the correct address and setting the speed step to 128 is all I do and it's ready to rock and roll.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Which shows are you attending in the South East this coming year Charlie?

Sadly nothing South of the Thames!

We are at:

RailEx Aylesbury (May)

Swindon Railway Museum (September)

BRM Peterborough (October)

Hornby Show at Gaydon Motor Museum (October)

Warley NEC (November)

Plus  many more in other areas.  Charlie

Sadly nothing South of the Thames!

We are at:

RailEx Aylesbury (May)

Swindon Railway Museum (September)

BRM Peterborough (October)

Hornby Show at Gaydon Motor Museum (October)

Warley NEC (November)

Plus  many more in other areas.  Charlie

Thanks for the reply Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

WORLD TOUR UPDATE:

We are in Burton on Trent this weekend at the UKs best Modern Image Show, Yes its DEMU (Diesel & Electric Modellers)

then we are at the Great Central Model Event at Quorn (A brilliant event with Big Trains and Little ones)

and Perth Model Railway Show (Scotland) 5 minutes walk from Perth Station.

See you all there!!!!   Ian, Steve & Charlie

• Like 1

WORLD TOUR UPDATE:

We are in Burton on Trent this weekend at the UKs best Modern Image Show, Yes its DEMU (Diesel & Electric Modellers)

then we are at the Great Central Model Event at Quorn (A brilliant event with Big Trains and Little ones)

and Perth Model Railway Show (Scotland) 5 minutes walk from Perth Station.

See you all there!!!!   Ian, Steve & Charlie

Forgot to mention we are at the 0 Gauge Guild show at Doncaster this weekend too!!!

Charlie