Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

Model railway clubs and groups in our area

Nut,

There are several O Gauge groups in our area. You already have the South Coast O group, I have identified others by their electronic contact point or with a wee description:

East Kent O Gauge Group - www.ekogg.org.uk

South East Gauge O Group - meets in Bromley, please contact me on RMWeb for more information.

Guildford Group - www.guildford0gaugegroup.org.uk

Thanet O Gauge Group - meets in Birchington.

Bill

Nut,

There are several O Gauge groups in our area. You already have the South Coast O group, I have identified others by their electronic contact point or with a wee description:

East Kent O Gauge Group - www.ekogg.org.uk

South East Gauge O Group - meets in Bromley, please contact me on RMWeb for more information.

Guildford Group - www.guildford0gaugegroup.org.uk

Thanet O Gauge Group - meets in Birchington.

Bill

Thanks Bill and David, will get those added to the list.

It's getting big isn't it...?

Hello chaps,

I notice that my club, Rusper MRC, has not been included yet. We're based in Bromley, Kent/London.

We're not a club about detail and rivet counting, but running a OO gauge railway. There are 6 garden sheds, each containing 2 stations (except one which is a station and large goods yard), connected by outside sections. We meet roughly once a month (the dates are published well in advance), always on a Sunday. Maintenance sessions occur on Thursdays throughout the summer.

We run to a complex and varied timetable, with bell code and light system to signal the trains. The stations vary in size and difficulty, allowing members to gain experience before tackling the busier stations. Our era is 1948-1964, as such, the emphasis is on BR steam, though diesels and DMUs are common. Each of the major regions are represented, with a slight lean towards the Eastern and Southern regions, due to member interests.

We're currently looking for new members, so if this appeals to you please do get in touch via the membership page on the website.

www.ruspermrc.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just been looking at your list and can suggest a few more possible entries that appear to be missing :

Bexhill MRC

Croydon MRS

Wimbledon MRC

Woking Miniature Modellers (I think that is their name)

Twickenham & District MRC

Wealden Railway Group

Railway Enthusiasts Club (based at Woking)

Is Farnham too far out?

Chris

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thought I'd widen the geography and put a plug in for Stafford Railway Circle.

The full activities and club details can be found on www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

I thought I would however taken the opportunity to bring to the attention of the local RMWEB community that we are about to start building not one but two new layouts.

Both layout projects are aimed and involving new members and members who have either none or limited experience in building a layout either for themselves or a club layout.

Help is on hand from the more expeianced club members as well as modelling workshops in different aspects of model railways.

The two new layouts in question are "00" & "N" and it is hoped in the future anew micro "0" layout

Existing layouts in "00" "EM" and 7mm Narrow Gauge all have exhibition bookings so there is something for everyone to get involved in.

Please feel free to PM me if you want further information.

Terry Robinson

Archived