Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

Introduce yourselves!

Dear Kipford

The committee met last night to discuss your application to join SECAG.

It is with much regret that I inform you that we have unanimously agreed to let you join in our crazy shenanigans.  I am so sorry about this.

Take your required suitcase of used fivers and wait by the ticket machine in the Matalan car park at 2.15pm on Thursday and give it to a man in a green car who will ask you if you have lost an umbrella.  The red coconut has no hair when the daffodils are flowering.

End coded message.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've been a member of RMWeb for a while, but I'm only just starting to explore the forums properly! I live in Brighton and my modelling interests are all over the place (1840s London & Croydon; 1920s Southern Railway branches; 1950s quayside layouts on the south coast). However I do tend to stick with British HO and I'm a big fan of microlayouts. I've been toying with a modular approach for my own small layouts, and I really like the BritMod idea now I've read the standards.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to the group Ian. Would love to see some of your modelling. I'm currently spending most of my time working on my early 1900's LBSCR layout there is a link in my signature to my thread about it.

Gary

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Many thanks, Gary. Sorry to take so long replying, but work has been a bit frantic this month and I'm still catching up on stuff.

But I will start a thread soon.

All the best,

Ian

Edited by Ian Simpson

• RMweb Gold

I look forward to seeing it please let me know when you have started it.

Gary

I decided writing a blog must be a bit like building a layout: it's getting started that's the real problem. So here's a holding post to start me off: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/2048/entry-17955-why-on-earth-would-anyone-model-early-british-railways-in-ho/ 

I've used commercial Bachmann stock in the photos to show that 1840s railways can be modelled out of the box. But I am starting to build some 1850s LBSCR coal wagons as well and they might make an appearance when I get some time! Also need to get cracking on a Rennie 2-2-2. There, I've said it out loud - so now I've got to do it!

Edited by Ian Simpson
  • Like 1

Good Morning all, 

My name is Rob, I'm 30 and live in Camberley, Surrey and work in Chessington, Surrey. My main modelling interests are HO North American, but I also model Gn15 and SM32. 

I'm also interested in photography, owning classic cars and play bass guitar in a 4 piece function band. 

I have a wife of 3 years and a son, 20 months old this month. That's me in a nut shell.

Good Morning all, 

My name is Rob, I'm 30 and live in Camberley, Surrey and work in Chessington, Surrey. My main modelling interests are HO North American, but I also model Gn15 and SM32. 

I'm also interested in photography, owning classic cars and play bass guitar in a 4 piece function band. 

I have a wife of 3 years and a son, 20 months old this month. That's me in a nut shell.

Another quasi-local practitioner of the dark arts. (North American) Excellent.........

Another quasi-local practitioner of the dark arts. (North American) Excellent.........

60 miles? Spitting distance. Come along to the Oxted Model show tomorrow. I am exhibiting Tilley Yard South. It would be good to meet you.

60 miles? Spitting distance. Come along to the Oxted Model show tomorrow. I am exhibiting Tilley Yard South. It would be good to meet you.

Wish I could. Sadly I'm fully committed this weekend. (some say I should be committed but that is a different subject.) You've probably seen/met me in the past when I've helped out on Roundhouse, Santa Barbara, etc. Will you be at the Freemo meet in Merstham in August? that looks like the earliest I'll be able to come out and play.

We have probably seen each other on several occasions. Were you at TVNAM? I haven't actually been to a Freemo meet, and Merstham is closer than Armitage!

As joked on the TVAM thread, I think Nick has my calendar and books dates he knows I can't attend. I was there 3 years ago with Mr Warbonnet and his Galatea (sp) layout. I will be taking my Freemo module to the NMRA convention in Brum in Oct. If you can, chat with Dan (Warbonnet) about going to play at Merstham. (Aug 6-7)

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I might have been a bit slow on the uptake in this part of the forum..

But I'm John, I've been on here a few years and yet to discover my local club.

Being in Carshalton, I guess CSMRC, Epsom, Croydon and Wimbledon should be my locals...

I'll have a look thru the links and maybe figure one to drop in on.

• Like 1

I might have been a bit slow on the uptake in this part of the forum..

But I'm John, I've been on here a few years and yet to discover my local club.

Being in Carshalton, I guess CSMRC, Epsom, Croydon and Wimbledon should be my locals...

I'll have a look thru the links and maybe figure one to drop in on.

Hi John.

What do you model ?

You're welcome to come and see us. Look first at www.csmrc.co.uk

Cheers

Dave Smith.

Edited by dasatcopthorne

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

Originally from the West Midlands, Not far from Bescot, I now live on (Almost on top of) the Hampshire, Surrey Border, near Guildford, although technically Hampshire, I have a Guildford Postal code,With that in mind, can I join the SECAG please. 

Im still in the process of trying to build some sort of layout, but if I had one it would be loosely based around the SE/SW area and in about the early to late 1980s era, (pretty much most of my rolling stock reflects this)

I do like the BR Blue era over all and I have to say I'm not a big fan of steam and pretty much anything that came after 1994. (except the Class 57, but only because I'm a big fan of 47s)

Hope to become apart of SECAG soon. 

Dave. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi John.

What do you model ?

You're welcome to come and see us. Look first at www.csmrc.co.uk

Cheers

Dave Smith.

Mondays is a bit hard unfortunately (family vs work).

My current interest is BR generally in the late 50s - late 60's with a bent towards L&Y territory, and Southern Territory (my roots and my current habitation).

I also have a reasonable collection of steam era (60s-90s) DB/PKP (and other overlapping Eastern Europe stuff MAV/CSD etc) and some 2000's era US West Coast (UP/SP/WP) again based on places I used to live.

Have built an exhibition layout once decades ago, but was lost to time, thought about building an EAstern European layout, but family vs work means what I current have is a vast network of lines as a "train set" mostly devoid of scenery (quantity over quality for now, as I want to play when I can).

Edited by adb968008

Hello, currently residing in the illustrious borough of Thanet, my layout that exists is St Jude http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/34091-st-jude/, the layout that is planned is Biggin Hill http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82266-biggin-hill-tatsfield/?hl=%2Bbiggin+%2Bhill, the layouts in my head are numerous...

You will see that I haven't updated in ages, due to other interests taking the lead, think I need to get my ass in gear.

Anyway, hello!

Kev

• Like 4