Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

Introduce yourselves!

Hi i'm Daniel i live in Brighton East Sussex.

I model 00 gauge and at the moment drawing up plans for my 8x2 end to end layout.

I have a you tube channel( link in the signature) where i post videos of different exhibitions that i go to in the south east. 

Thanks Daniel      

Yeah finally got round to it seems like a well organised group :)

Appearances can be deceiving!!!  We have no leadership (the closest to any sort of leader was me asking Andy Y to set the forum up), for now we're just a group of  people living in the same geographic area.  As time goes naturally friendships and small local-ish groups will develop, but for now we're just getting to know each other.

I'm closely following the "RMWeb modular standard?" discussion elsewhere on the forum as I rather like the idea of building a couple of self-contained small modules, with a fiddle yard at either end, that can be connected to other layouts following the same standard, as this is something that area groups can naturally work on together and occasionally meet up to "play trains".

Edited by cromptonnut

Appearances can be deceiving!!!  We have no leadership (the closest to any sort of leader was me asking Andy Y to set the forum up), for now we're just a group of  people living in the same geographic area.  As time goes naturally friendships and small local-ish groups will develop, but for now we're just getting to know each other.

I'm closely following the "RMWeb modular standard?" discussion elsewhere on the forum as I rather like the idea of building a couple of self-contained small modules, with a fiddle yard at either end, that can be connected to other layouts following the same standard, as this is something that area groups can naturally work on together and occasionally meet up to "play trains".

That's a great idea it will give us all something to work towards as a group. 

Daniel    

• RMweb Gold

Evening Daniel I'm Simon from Newhaven but In Lovers Walk as I type this, welcome to the forum/group  :sungum:

Simon

I'm right above you Simon... (my house backs on to the depot high above on the cliff top)

Nestor

I'm right above you Simon... (my house backs on to the depot high above on the cliff top)

Nestor

You're joking....... my panel is below Dyke Road Drive, you're welcome to come along and "shout" hello but please no bricks/eggs/TVs/syringes/road cones/recycling boxes or bins/carpets etc :O

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm Phil

Just joined RMWeb and found this thread. Live Grove Park area of SE Ldn. Layout in the loft is a nice sized 16' x 9'8'' doughnut shape.

Been away from railways and modelling for around 20yrs for various reasons but glad to be back. 00 gauge Southern region late 50's early 60's

Layout has a 'loosely' based model of Hither Grn depot ( or will have ! ) and long'ish station, 6 plus loco.

Also a member of the GCR and RVP. I work on the TPO on gala days, which means I legally get to throw old bags off the train!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Phil.  Interesting sounding layout, always fancied a big depot but never had the space or the money.  Go past Selhurst twice daily on my morning commute.  Got any pictures of your project you can share?

• RMweb Gold

You're joking....... my panel is below Dyke Road Drive, you're welcome to come along and "shout" hello but please no bricks/eggs/TVs/syringes/road cones/recycling boxes or bins/carpets etc :O

Simon

I take it then that you go in via that massive hole in the wall/gate near the top of duke road drive. My parents used to park me in the buggy there to keep me happy for an hour or so "back in the day"...

Nestor

Hi

Thanks all for the welcome.  My version of HG will be very condensed 3 road shed, 2 roads to and from turntable and if lucky, a southern style coal drop ( corrugated asbestos sheet ! lol ) similar to Norwwod or Redhill. Although at the moment it's all just bare board with some track laid on cork etc

If I can reduce the file size of the few photos I have then will gladly post here.

Try the details in this thread for free image resizing software: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/60610-using-irfanview-to-resize-images-for-rmweb/

The "part depot" concept is appealing - you may be aware of the "Roads A-C" layout which does just that.  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/50471-roads-a-c/

Live Grove Park area of SE Ldn.

Hi Phil,

Take the fast line for one station south and you will be in my back garden! This is my third house backing on to that line.

Bill and I both model German railways but also have British interests.

HG sounds interesting. I used to watch it every day when I commuted.

Tony

Hi Tony

Sadly the very last part of the original shed has just been knocked down, some office's formally attached to the No 1 road shed wall that survived

Hi Cromptonnut.

That's the kind of thing I'll hope to be doing. Attached are some early photos, need to update and maybe post here?

Pics include part of the fleet!

post-23421-0-03318500-1405610875.jpg

post-23421-0-38735000-1405610895.jpg

post-23421-0-17691500-1405610908_thumb.jpg

• Like 3