Warley at the NEC 2014, 22nd and 23rd November

Robert Shrives

Hi,

Myself and the family will be there on stand B51 with Dubmill Sidings. We are really looking forward to exhibiting Dubmill at this show. Just tidying up the last few bits hopefully to ensure everything works and it looks good. Hope the new backscene turns out better than the last one! See you all there.

Steve Thompson

While on the subject of "Warley" 2014, I don't know if any decisions have been made about lunchtime RMweb members' meetings.

In previous years, these meetings have been held in Wetherspoons, upstairs from the entrance to NEC Hall 5. I'm not sure - but I'd imagine this choice might have had something to do with the range, quality and price of "malted beverages" on offer. (At this point, I should, perhaps, mention that tea, coffee and hot chocolate are also available.)

As for timing, I believe that 1230 and 1300 starts have both been tried over the years.

Unless anyone's got better ideas, I'd be inclined to suggest:

Wetherspoons (upstairs from the entrance to NEC Hall 5)  -  1300 hrs  (1 pm).

I'll only be at the NEC on the Saturday - and I hope to be able to make the meeting on that day.

Huw.

Just out of interest - how does re-entry to the show work?Do you just show the other half of the ticket?

Richard

• RMweb Gold

This year's show has a tie in with Virgin Trains and if you book your Warley ticket online you get 25% off rail travel to the NEC.Could be a good saving for some on here.

The north end of Grantham will be in the demo area with trains shuttling back and forth over the adapted Peco pointwork (to prove it works!). I shall endeavour to be at the front of the layout to answer any questions (and maybe 'curve' a point or two!), whilst some of the usual suspects will be making the trains move. There might even be the odd loco taking a spin on the turntable. Do come and say 'hi' if you feel so moved.

post-16151-0-04303300-1414781761_thumb.jpg

This year's show has a tie in with Virgin Trains and if you book your Warley ticket online you get 25% off rail travel to the NEC.Could be a good saving for some on here.

Excellent news, how much is a PRIV return from Birmingham New Street to Birmingham International?

A quarter of that should be about threpence!   :laugh:

I am there demoing weathering so come and have a go!... and fetch a pint from teh meet as my chances of getting there are :  zero...... no less than that!

baz

worry not Barry

there'll be some stashed under long line....

and it'll be needed by tea time sat no doubt?

As i cant live on bottled water all weekend after all!

mark

• Administrators

Hi all,

Just to let you know that BRM will be at Warley and giving away a FREE DVD to every visitor - just pop by the BRM stand and we'll give you a free 45-minute DVD worth £7.99. There's no catch and no forms to fill in.

post-14186-0-45824800-1415186931_thumb.jpg

Plus, we have commissioned Dapol to produce a OO gauge Limited Edition 7-plank PO wagon in the colours of Cadbury's of Bournville. Only 300 have been produced and the only place you can buy these exclusive wagons is from the BRM stand at Warley! They'll be selling for £11.99 whilst stocks last! Be quick.

post-14186-0-90194200-1415186818_thumb.jpg

We'll also be selling the latest issue of BRM, plus a number of back issues.

post-14186-0-93883200-1415186962_thumb.png

And, you can subscribe for just £12.49 a quarter by direct debit and we'll give you a free Gaugemaster GMC Combi Controller worth £39.95.

post-14186-0-44297100-1415187012_thumb.jpg

See you there!

Steve and the BRM Team

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to going along, I do love the chance of a good shopping trip and to smell a few real men.

I had to admit a wry smile broke out when preordering my ticket...the £1.50 advance discount you get is then wiped out by the agency website's £1.50 postage charged... nicely done!!

Still beats paying the £8+ or so extra Ticketmaster fees when I buy Kitty Perry or Gaga tickets but then that is more probably a fault of the purchaser's taste :)

Thornton Gate,

The only tramway exhibiting at this years show will be at stand B72

With Blackpool Balloon class tram No. 701 the star of the layout, sporting its very original custom Warley Club livery!

post-15873-0-01340400-1415370829_thumb.jpg

Thornton Gate on RMweb can be found here:  
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/57611-thornton-gate-blackpool-tramway-sidings-in-dcc-n/

We look forward to seeing you!

• RMweb Gold

Good idea.Only problem there is actually finding a space on one of Virgin's trains.Pre Xmas at the NEC is all too popular....so book now.Otherwise its vestibule stuffing in a Sardinolino,no exaggeration,I can assure you. 

Another tip for those of you,like me,driving there,try the station car park at Birmingham International,which is just a stroll over the bridge and cheaper by far than the daft NEC car parks.I confess I am discouraged from using our glorious rail network due to abovementioned overcrowding and the persistent habit of Cross Country of using 2 car Turbostars from Burton to New Street on pre Xmas Saturdays.....hence a quick trip down the M42.

Usual for me to use the local train. I come from the East, A45, used to use Canley but found Tile Hill has a better service, less waiting time. Free car parking, easy access from the A45, and minimal train fare (discounted with a Grumpy Old Git card).

Stewart

Good idea.Only problem there is actually finding a space on one of Virgin's trains.Pre Xmas at the NEC is all too popular....so book now.Otherwise its vestibule stuffing in a Sardinolino,no exaggeration,I can assure you. 

Another tip for those of you,like me,driving there,try the station car park at Birmingham International,which is just a stroll over the bridge and cheaper by far than the daft NEC car parks.I confess I am discouraged from using our glorious rail network due to abovementioned overcrowding and the persistent habit of Cross Country of using 2 car Turbostars from Burton to New Street on pre Xmas Saturdays.....hence a quick trip down the M42.

Beware...!

There have been issues in the past where anyone parking at the station had had to produce a valid rail ticket, in order to deter those only visiting the NEC.

Beware...!

There have been issues in the past where anyone parking at the station had had to produce a valid rail ticket, in order to deter those only visiting the NEC.

Just in case anyone else is thinking of pressing the "disagree" button:

http://rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12529

The station car park is a lot bigger now and I'm sure they'd love the extra revenue, but it's not like they're publicly advertising the fact that it's cheaper than the official car parks.

I thought they were both as bad as each other when it comes to blatant capitalism, but if the station can charge £5 when it is located between a busy airport and the NEC, why can't the latter do the same...?

Thornton Gate,

The only tramway exhibiting at this years show will be at stand B72

With Blackpool Balloon class tram No. 701 the star of the layout, sporting its very original custom Warley Club livery!

attachicon.gif701_p_way_mar_14.jpg

Thornton Gate on RMweb can be found here:  

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/57611-thornton-gate-blackpool-tramway-sidings-in-dcc-n/

We look forward to seeing you!

Like the tram - and also the bus - as Reading Mainline bought out the Blackpool RM fleet,ALD990B (or is it 989? - can't quite read the number) is an old friend of mine!

Archived