Deltic Class 55 Photos

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

You say that like it's a problem, sounds like a skill to me.

I was (am) very fortunate in having a brother 10 years older who was a very keen photographer, and so was able to teach me what to do. It was basic kit but it worked. There are a few scratches on some negs where I probably handled it roughly getting it on the spool but I'm just glad I've got them.

I have more on colour slide* from 1976/77/78 but I have to scan them first.

*Courtesy of big Bruv he gave me 10!! 36 exp Agfa slide films as a birthday present when I was 14, they were near end date but I didn't care and they had processing included.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Ray M said:

Taken from Pintrest

20210210_200116.jpg

Ah, nice to see my picture taken of 'Ballymoss' at York on 3rd August 1981.

Which makes me wonder, when people post other peoples pictures on Pinterest and such, why don't they include the original details such as location, date and photographer's name? (Just wondering, like):huh:

PS This question is not aimed at you, Ray:smile_mini2:

Trevor

Edited by Trev52A
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Trev52A said:

Which makes me wonder, when people post other peoples pictures on Pinterest and such, why don't they include the original details such as location, date and photographer's name? (Just wondering, like):huh:

Trevor

I have an issue with sites such as Pinterest. Members there post anything without crediting its source.

https://www.creativefuture.org/pinterest/

I don't like putting watermarks on anything as it ruins the enjoyment of an image, but I can see why so many do. I found someone selling copies of one of my images a few years ago on Ebay (they acted quickly and took it down when I showed I had the original negative still)

• Agree 1

On 11/02/2021 at 09:39, Trev52A said:

Trevor

Yes, i wonder about that myself.

I have seen a good few pics, of my old motorbikes, on other sites.

With no mention of any details.

I think its because they get past from pillar to post, on a site like Pinterest. That they just get lost

in the realms of the web.

• Agree 2

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 12/02/2021 at 11:01, Ray M said:

Yes, i wonder about that myself.

I have seen a good few pics, of my old motorbikes, on other sites.

With no mention of any details.

I think its because they get past from pillar to post, on a site like Pinterest. That they just get lost

in the realms of the web.

Also noticed similar, I wonder how much of searches in Google images, Pinterest and the like is due to automation; picking up the jpg but not also lifting associated  text out of the html.

Edited by john new

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The above pic shows 55014 departing KX on the 1500 Edinburgh in May '79. It wouldn't let me include any text when I posted the pic.

And here's a Deltic leaving York for Edinburgh in November '78 on a cold, dull, grey day. Think I was the only spotter on the station...

P1350288 (5).JPG

• Like 17

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 25/07/2022 at 11:27, Peter Kazmierczak said:

The above pic shows 55014 departing KX on the 1500 Edinburgh in May '79. It wouldn't let me include any text when I posted the pic.

And here's a Deltic leaving York for Edinburgh in November '78 on a cold, dull, grey day. Think I was the only spotter on the station...

P1350288 (5).JPG

Snipped

Edited by brushman47544
Wrong info.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

D9002 King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry, also known as KOYLI, on display in the National Railway Museum in York on 30/07/22.

IMG_20220730_131712_270.jpg.be8e0750a219e493946803e695931d79.jpg

Is it my imagination or do the individual numbers look slightly too far apart compared to when new?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

55008 The Green Howards going by the single line nameplate in the lower position with crest above.

55008 never received a plated headcode.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Out on the mainline on the 24th September 2022 for the Deltic Delight railtour, D9000 Royal Scots Grey approaching Brighouse in the early evening with the return leg, 1Z56 from Newcastle to Wolverhampton.

1103185202_D90001Z56Brighouse24092022-RMweb.jpg.06ad2317e4f9643399c0381ce01e4f53.jpg

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1